Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

View Poll Results: Syvaris or the Krav
Syvaris 19 21.11%
Krav Maga Agents 71 78.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 28th, 2011, 12:42 AM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Syvaris or Krav Maga Agents?

For standard scape, the Krav win almost any imaginable matchup.

However...this year we are doing a restricted units list (DFW) for NHSD, and I am considering Syvarris as one of my units as the Krav are on the list (choose only one unit from the list).

Nonetheless,

Krav

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old August 28th, 2011, 08:11 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

See, I'd have to go with draft them both. In my mind, the Krav are more of an OM intensive, early-game piece. Syv is better for later game or clean up, when figures are closer to your start zone and he can hit them without moving (or after a short trot).

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Syvarris because he has way more Swag.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

In the Gencon main event this year, 8 players used the Krav (including two day 2 armies). Zero players used Syvarris.

In the 2010 main event, despite an upgrade format that enouraged leaving some empty spaces, 14 players used the Krav, including two day 2 players, and 2 players upgraded with the Krav for day 2. Only two players used Syvarris (one used both).

Krav have also appeared in a number of placing or winning armies in side events at Gencon (including 2 winning armies in 2011). The only Syvarris army to place was the Ullar champ in 2011, which obviously couldn't use the Krav.

Basically, unless you've got some sort of restriction in army selection, extremely restricted startzones, or some other unusual scenario situation, the Krav are a dominant choice over Syvarris. Syvarris just falls too quickly to opposing range, while the Krav win nearly all range-versus-range showdowns. This is not to say Syvarris is bad - all told, he's a pretty strong figure - it's just that the Krav are almost uniformly better and play a similar role.
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Krav have also appeared in a number of placing or winning armies in side events at Gencon (including 2 winning armies in 2011). The only Syvarris army to place was the Ullar champ in 2011, which obviously couldn't use the Krav.
Also, it is good to point out that of the three Ullar builds, two had Syvarris and all three were Greenscale builds. This proves the point that in a tournament setting Krav definitely perform better, but I would say Syvarris is more fun to play in a friendly game. Thanks for the interesting statistics Dok!

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:20 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Syvarris. He can outrange just about anything.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:17 PM

NilfheimPwns is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
Syvarris. He can outrange just about anything.
That reminds me. When I would put Syvarris on top of the spare terrain, I would also give him the Glyph of Ivor.

Old August 29th, 2011, 02:38 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

In all fairness, though I would still more often prefer the KMA as well, the question should be taken as one of overall rather than head to head performance. There are surely going to be circumstances which favor the extra range and conditions in which the status of "hero" allows for greater survivability compared to "squad".
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:46 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I love Syvaris, and he has performed well for me pretty consistently, but I have to agree that overall the Agents are a better bet. I still pick Syvaris quite regularly (often because the agents are drafted by someone else before I can get to them) and there are situations where he is superior, but the Agents are generally the better pick.
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:56 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

In a standard tournament setting the Krav take it hands down, there's no contest there. In a draft setting, with the right circumstances, Syvarris can be the go to, but 9 times out of 10 it's the Krav.

Theme-wise, Syvarris all the way!

-insert signature here-
Old October 11th, 2011, 04:24 AM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

Krav all the way for me, although Syvarris double shot with the extra range is nice. The versatality of 3 figures and 3 attacks per turn outweighs the skinny archer with his 2 attacks and extra range.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old October 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM

ullarted has disabled reputation

Krav. Harder to kill, more attacks, more figures, their, in my opinion, better all around. Just my

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units