Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 30th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: GL: Guy Gardner - VOTE for ERB

OK, looked over the results, tried to rep Hahma and failed (help me out, guys! ), changed the first post to say 320, and now I think he's ready to go out to the ERB.
So ... I propose we move this to the ERB phase!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 30th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Would you be against allowing him to Overextend once per turn? I think it would allow him to give the player more chances at playing him with the thematic flare that we are going for here. So instead of burning him out slowly over a couple of rounds (and hoping he survives), you could press the issue with him and burn him out in one round. That feel much more thematically appropriate to me, and it will allow for more interesting game decisions.
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I don't really know the character much. So I wouldn't know which way was more thematic. In my army tests anyway, his army went against some pretty tough opponents and he didn't get any help in the first one from the Sentinels against a Prof X army that won initiative most of the time. And in the second test he got nothing out of Hawkgirl other than being a punching bag for WW.

I guess you could either use the WO as it is, but in a more cautious manner than I did, that might make him last longer but might not get to use WO every round. You could have better teammates that pulled their weight against tough opponents. Or you could change it to more than once per turn and have him have more options of being conservative, milking it once per round or going all out to really do some damage (though with that, there should be a cap, otherwise he could get 4 full attacks in one turn just off of adding wounds and then some more from his BMs).

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:24 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Or you could change it to more than once per turn and have him have more options of being conservative, milking it once per round or going all out to really do some damage (though with that, there should be a cap, otherwise he could get 4 full attacks in one turn just off of adding wounds and then some more from his BMs).
I am all for capping it like Double Attack "One additional time". Guy is the most aggressive, bullheaded, hot tempered, fighter in the Lantern Corp, and maybe in the entire DC Universe. So giving him the ability to go "all in" is exactly true to the character. I think this could boost his cost up to 330, but well worth it IMO.
Old July 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'd be fine with it. As you'd still be able to play him like I did but have the option at the right time to have him really go nuts. I would think that a triple attack of 7 or 8 with height that can be a ranged attack, could be pretty devastating. I can see him putting 6 wounds on the Hulk with it and only costing him 2 wounds and if he can burn a BM to protect himself vs. Hulk's next attack and then Guy can still have an attack of 6 at same level. Next round Guy can burn another wound to get 2 attacks of 6 vs. Hulk and then burn a BM to go again with an attack of 5 to finish him off.

I'd think that would definitely bump him up to 330 if not more because of the potential.

Old July 30th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I'd be fine with it. As you'd still be able to play him like I did but have the option at the right time to have him really go nuts. I would think that a triple attack of 7 or 8 with height that can be a ranged attack, could be pretty devastating. I can see him putting 6 wounds on the Hulk with it and only costing him 2 wounds and if he can burn a BM to protect himself vs. Hulk's next attack and then Guy can still have an attack of 6 at same level. Next round Guy can burn another wound to get 2 attacks of 6 vs. Hulk and then burn a BM to go again with an attack of 5 to finish him off.

I'd think that would definitely bump him up to 330 if not more because of the potential.
My suggestion would look like this.
Quote:
WILLFUL OVEREXTEND
After taking a turn with this Green Lantern, you may place a wound marker on this card or remove one green Battery Marker from this card and take one additional turn with him. You may only use this power once per turn.
So at best, he could only take two turns per turn, and 6 turns per round, with each consecutive turn diminishing his life or power. Compare that to Sinestro, and I think that they are very close in terms of points, with Sinestro having an edge.
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:

Quote:
WILLFUL OVEREXTEND
After taking a turn with this Green Lantern, you may place a wound marker on this card or remove one green Battery Marker from this card and take one additional turn with him. You may only use this power once per turn.
So at best, he could only take two turns per turn, and 6 turns per round, with each consecutive turn diminishing his life or power. Compare that to Sinestro, and I think that they are very close in terms of points, with Sinestro having an edge.

Oh, I thought you meant to be able to use WO an extra time in one turn, so that he could do normal turn, burn wound/BM and take a turn, burn one more wound/BM and take at turn again.

So you just want to make it so that he can do it every turn instead of the once/round that it currently is.

That's cool and would be useful, but not as crazy as the way I thought you meant.

Old July 30th, 2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
WILLFUL OVEREXTEND

Oh, I thought you meant to be able to use WO an extra time in one turn, so that he could do normal turn, burn wound/BM and take a turn, burn one more wound/BM and take at turn again.

So you just want to make it so that he can do it every turn instead of the once/round that it currently is.

That's cool and would be useful, but not as crazy as the way I thought you meant.
Well if you like I think we can sell Bats on it.
Old July 30th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
WILLFUL OVEREXTEND

Well if you like I think we can sell Bats on it.
Sure, we'll see what he thinks. But it could be cool and add some extra punch.

Old July 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Either way is cool with me. I believe I originally put the once per round restriction on it due to your suggestion/argument Griff. What's changed since you made that argument that makes you think he'd be better this way?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Either way is cool with me. I believe I originally put the once per round restriction on it due to your suggestion/argument Griff. What's changed since you made that argument that makes you think he'd be better this way?
Uhhh.... his defense.
Old July 30th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

Quote:
OK, looked over the results, tried to rep Hahma and failed (help me out, guys! ), changed the first post to say 320, and now I think he's ready to go out to the ERB.
So ... I propose we move this to the ERB phase!
*cough*

Quote:
Quote:
Uhhh.... his defense.
Fair enough. I do like the idea of him as a full on kamikaze figure. I'm always trying to push the envelope, though.
I'd love to hear from others on this (though I'm making the change for now) and I'd definitely love to see your votes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library