Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM

Sonlen has disabled reputation
Where to build Heroscape?

Right now my set is built on the ground and i need a flat board to put it on, what size should it be?

Some want it to happen...

Some wish it to happen...

Others tear down the walls of resistance and make it happen...
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM

Wiet is surprisingly tart
This question is very difficult to answer. Even if you would include the number of sets you own (for us to get an idea out of how many tiles your map exists), every map you build is different. Do you only build the maps from the manuals, or do you like to experiment? If you go for height, you need less surface area, if you keep your maps low, they are bigger on the surface.

I might be stating the obvious here, but I feel someone needs to do it.
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
My son and I typically play on smaller sized boards. We use 1 MS maps from the downloads section. Most boards will fit on a small card table 36"x36". Some sections might hang off. depending on the layout of the map you might or might not have room for your army cards on the table too. We keep another card table, just in case, for army cards, dice roling, snacks, etc...
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:39 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
They should always be 13 by 7.8. Always.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM

whipmaster is surprisingly tart
i use the floor what its carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
YOU don't seem very good.
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Squitter The Spider has disabled reputation
I have a small fold up table. I also have wood floor so its easy to build on.

Old January 11th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Where to build Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonlen
Right now my set is built on the ground and i need a flat board to put it on, what size should it be?
26" x 30"
Good, thick plywood is what I use. I find those dimensions to be nearly perfect for 1v1 games on small-medium sized boards.
I have five pieces to creat five different maps. The slabs hold and help move/ relocate maps for multi-player evenings or in order to cycle through when it's just two of us.
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:29 PM

aerofool Woo who?
I have a 6' X 4' gaming table I had made for Warhammer that I also use for Scape

****! I must be having a bad week!
Old January 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM

thaddeus p whirl has disabled reputation
I suggest searching around the site in the Maps forum and the Downloads section, and you will find that maps can be as big or as small as you like. Also, if you were to build a few maps, then you would start to get a feel for it...it's like after you start driving for a couple years, eventually you can tell you're going 60 miles an hour without checking your speed.

Just build some maps to see what you like...there's no good "size," really. For normal games, a regular-size dinner table for 4 people will be able to accomodate your normal map and everything that goes along with it for a 2- to 4-player game. Just experiment, you'll get a feel for it.
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM

Dryden has disabled reputation
I built a 4' x 4' coffee table, bought two futon sofas, plus numerous floor rockers and throw pillows where people could sit.

4' x 4' is still not a big enough table!

How many people do you have play?
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I would think the BoV maps in the Maps and Scenarios Section would give you the best sizes. I find that for testing, if it does not fit in a 38" x 38" space, I'm not interested in playing on it (for a one on one map).
Old January 14th, 2008, 12:55 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I build my maps on boards I made out of HS hexes...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion