Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 5th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Interesting. I always took "ending your movement" as meaning your figure's movement turn, i.e. part of activating a unit.

I see other movements as passive and not the unit's movement, but the movement of that unit by another unit.

This may well be a question that needs a rules team member after all. I thought I had a clear grasp, but Aldin raises a point and perspective I had not seen before. I very well could be wrong on this (and it would add to the power, slightly, of a couple of specials).
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:24 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

While I also understand Aldin's reasoning a Treasure Glyph reqires an additional ACTION to pick it up..unlike a regular glyph where just standing on it is enough to activate it..therefore Cove Fire and Isamu's Vanish would not allow you to try and activate it as that is the "last action" of that turn.

Subsequently though that hero could choose not to move the next turn and then activate it.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
...a Treasure Glyph reqires an additional ACTION to pick it up...
Oh?

~Aldin, who was looking for that in the rules and didn't find it

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
...a Treasure Glyph reqires an additional ACTION to pick it up...
Oh?

~Aldin, who was looking for that in the rules and didn't find it

There should be a couple of these thingy's " " around the word ACTION...
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I will be eating a lot of crow if the rules team has a different ruling, but I still argue that when it refers to a figure ending it's movement, it is refering to the movement phase of an activated card.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A figure may only pick up a treasure glyph if it takes a turn. In other words, the treasure glyph picking up is after moving and before attacking. Because of the open intent of treasure glyphs (we want players to get creative with their traps), and because there are too many abilities that would activate at the same time, we went with the wording we chose. When a power says "its movement" we are not talking about movement granted by some other figure such as Skahen etc.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Thanks for taking the time to clear this up GB. Enjoy Gencon, wish we all were there.

Crows are safe.

Old August 5th, 2010, 06:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Pttewey. The crows taste nasty to me.
Old August 5th, 2010, 06:20 PM
has been BANNED

Wow I was right!!!

Old August 5th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Scenariographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Pttewey. The crows taste nasty to me.
It's all good,except...

for maybe that crow. Just be sure to pluck it first, it might help.

Old August 5th, 2010, 07:37 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Wow I was right!!!

I'm as surprised as you are!! :P

Old August 5th, 2010, 11:35 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When playing a three player game with the goal of "be the first to kill the opponent on your right" or "... on your left", I had never thought that it made much difference whether it was right or left. But somebody mentioned that, because of the direction of turns (clockwise), it does matter. But which is better, and why?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's