Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 26th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

It was nice to get out to Adepticon again this year. It was also great to hang out with buddy "crazy schedule" Chris

Got to see Josh and Tim from Chicago Skirmish Wargames, and meet a new member, Mario.

Chatted with the designer of Frostgrave for a bit. It was also really neat to meet and chat with Ash Barker from Guerilla Miniatures YouTube channel, as I really enjoy his gameplay videos for several miniatures games.

There were plenty of cool demo tables for Star Wars Legion, Planet of the Apes (coop game that will kickstart in April), Infinity, Rumbleslam and several others.

The really neat thing a bit this convention, if you are into miniatures games, is the accessibility to the game designers and others in the accessory business.

Here's some random pix

Conquest by Para Bellum Games

I can't remember the name of this one, but it's going to be kickstarted and this is just the prototype. It will have plastic minis. But it's kind of like in the Matrix type thing, where minis can not only move laterally, but also up the sides of those building looking things and there are some clear poles they can also move up. It also uses dominoes for a lot of things too. Totally different and unique.

A couple cool boards for Infinity

Some Star Wars Legion boards

Planet of the Apes game coming to Kickstarter

It comes with this mat and works on a grid system, but it also comes with several trees that will have branches with leafy sections that will hold the models, as vertical movement is very important in this game.

It's going to be a cooperative game, with the players playing as the Apes against the humans. So this is based on the modern series of movies, but the guy said that they also have plans for the original series, though perhaps a different mode or an expansion.

I'm not sure what game was played on here but I thought it was pretty impressive.

Here are a couple entries for the Crystal Brush painting contest. There were a lot, but there were a lot of people looking at them and I ran out of time.

I'll have to post more stuff after work, as I have to head out.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 26th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Ok, here are the things I picked up at Adepticon this year.

Actually, my buddy Chris picked these Exclusive boosters up for me on Friday when he stopped there for a little bit doing some ninja-shopping. They were running low, so he messaged me and asked if I wanted them, so I said sure. $20 each. The Lee and Clementine set was from last year and are characters from a WD video game. The one with Dale is this year's exclusive. He has a peg leg and there is a walker Rick in there too. It may get me the Mantic points I need for Abraham

I picked up to more superstars for Rumbleslam. They are actually going to be coming out with a motorcycle for Lord of Anarchy, and new rules for back alley wrestling, where there will be terrain pieces that can be thrown. These were actually only $7 each, where they normally go for $10 each. So it's nice to see that there are some deals to be had at the convention.

I picked up some terrain pieces at Adepticon for Legion, though I'm sure I will be using them for other games like Infinity, Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, and The Drowned Earth. Here are some pictures of them at home, with a Frostgrave soldier for scale. I think the doorways will be a little smallish for Legion, as it's a bigger scale, but the interiors aren't usable anyway with these. They'll work well enough, as they are heavy resin casts and there is no assembly or painting

These sets are from Galeforce9. They have a lot of neat battlefield in the box sets that are nice resin pieces and pre-painted. Their Con prices are less than what I could get them for otherwise.

These 2 buildings came as a set for $25

This is a taller building without the dome piece, and then a picture with the dome piece. It was $25

The 3 buildings together

Here's a wall and arch set. It has 7 pieces; the arch, 2 straights, 2 curves and 2 little end pieces. I took 2 pictures of them with different layouts to show some versatile options. I got 2 sets of these but only opened one for pictures, as I didn't have a ton of time last night. So there will be plenty of configurations with the 2 sets. They were $25 each.

They threw in this 6 piece crystal set for spending $100 on the other sets. if anything, they may be used for Frostgrave or Ghost Archipelago, or even The Drowned Earth.

Old March 26th, 2018, 07:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks sweet @Hahma . Looks like there is some interest in walking dead getting played next month with some guys up north of me so Ill be diving head first into painting walking dead next after my current box of rum and bones gets painted. I have a handful of terrain ideas for walking dead that should be fun as well. As for the cultists, ill probably paint them up into 3 sets. 40 or so cultists. 13 or so per warband for options. I may take the extra bits and modify some cheap mageknight or heroclix models with them. Similar heads and such should tie them in a bit with the others. Also cant wait for my box of snakemen along with lost colossus and alterior motives to come.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 30th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX , you'll be playing Ghost Archipelago before me That's a lot of Cultists and then the Snakemen. The paint que keep growing, just like the rest of us crazy hobbyists

I finished painting the two new superstar wrestlers for Rumbleslam that I picked up at Adepticon last Sunday. Lord of Anarchy and Grave Digger. They were fun, especially Lord of Anarchy.

And my Star Wars Legion stuff came in today.

Old March 30th, 2018, 10:56 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ooh. Legion is in. Awesome. That rumbleslam game looks like a quick fun little game. Got in another frostgrave game. I made another rband to start up with a new player and my one brother. I made an enchanter with a fun list of spells. Unfortunate to say, my brothers elementalist with his 3 archers made short work of me and the other player. He successfully cast elemental bolt 11 times. He rolled all of those with a 17 or higher on his shoot attack. Killed my wizard on turn 1 across the 3x3 board and my apprentice on turn 2. Ripped the other guy apart as well and cleaned up the treasure that was left. I did get a bunch of treasure off the board but rolled a 1 on the injury table which killed my wizard. His wizard got a broken leg and the new guys stuff came out ok. I have 4 other wizards I can play so wasnt worried too much. We also got in a game of rum and bones. It was great fun as well.

Old March 30th, 2018, 11:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

@TREX , so your brother first rolled a 12+ to be able to cast the spell 11 times, and then rolled a 9+ on all of his shoot attacks to get 17+ each time after adding the +8 bonus from the spell? I'd check that die To effectively roll 9+ on 22 rolls (11 to cast and 11 for shoot for that spell), seems very unusual.

So you had to have played at least 11 turns for him to cast that spell 11 times successfully, once each turn. Well he must have a horseshoe somewhere Hopefully the new player wasn't scared off by that unusual streak of luck by your brother.

Old March 31st, 2018, 01:32 AM
"like" happy

I took his die and rolled it a good 15 times. I didnt roll over a 16 once. Its one of my 20 siders anyway and Ive never rolled that well with it before. He cast elemental bolt with his wizard and apprentice. Cast it 6 times with his apprentice and 5 with his wizard. But yeah he cast it rolling a 14+ with his apprentice and a 12+ with his wizard. Also his +8 shoot attacks were all at least a 16 or better. Granted the apprentice gets-2 shoot, he still beat our defending fight rolls. It was just a crazy streak of luck on his part. It was funny though. After I rolled his die a bunch to see wtf, he rolled crap for a handful of rolls chasing down my last guys. His rolls on his bolts ended up being over 20 with the +8 modifier on all of them.

Old March 31st, 2018, 05:11 PM
"like" happy

@Hahma . So the greenstuff molds worked pretty good to make extra bodies for the cultist sprues. I assembled and based the 20 cultists from the pack. The first set of molds made 7 more bodies. I assembled those. I covered up a couple more serious mold lines with the accent bits. They turned out great. I took a handful of heroclix and mage knight figures and with some greenstuff mods and bits from the sprue made 8 cool wizards. Ill make 13 more bodies use the rest of the arms on the sprue. Ill probably get 40 cultists out of the one box and be able to mod some 15 or more figures with the bits leftover. Ill take pics once im done. Way cool.

Old March 31st, 2018, 05:52 PM
"like" happy

I just looked over at what a GA crewman sprue gives as far as components go. It gives you enough bodies for 5 characters, enough heads for 10 characters, and enough arms for 10 characters. So it looks like I'll just make another 5 cultist body clones to use up the bits on the extra sprue I'll get with my Snakeman nickstarter. I've got to make 18 more bodies with my molds. Now to fully see what I'm going to do with the snakemen. I wonder how those sprues look. Very neato to see all the extra possibilities of these fantastic northstar sprues. All the extra bits do just enough to tie in other figures with these crew man and cultists. Love it.

Old March 31st, 2018, 06:01 PM
"like" happy

On the snakemen, it looks like there are 5 torsos, 5 lower bodies, 10 heads, and 10 sets of arms per sprue. Looks like I will be having 40 snakemen as well. How exciting. That means I'll have to make 20 snake bodies out of greenstuff with my instant mold. Crazy. Maybe I'll turn a couple of those snakemen into Heritors and Wardens with some other random bits I have at my place. @Hahma , do you know how long their nickstarters ship out after the thing is finished? I look forward to getting lost colossus, my snakemen, and Alterior motives.

EDIT: I'm so excited for you with your legion stuff. I will not be getting legion. I already have hundreds of SW figures in 28mm and really cant justify in any way buying legion. Closest thing I could do is somehow get a hold of the cards/dice/ruleset and play it with my 28mm figures. I already have built a board and terrain for a SW table and have figures I could use to proxy. I don't think my brothers crazy luck streak scared the other guy away from the game, and I hope he's done crapping horseshoes because I don't want my leveled wizards to die as well.

Last edited by TREX; March 31st, 2018 at 06:58 PM.
Old March 31st, 2018, 09:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@Hahma . So the greenstuff molds worked pretty good to make extra bodies for the cultist sprues. I assembled and based the 20 cultists from the pack. The first set of molds made 7 more bodies. I assembled those. I covered up a couple more serious mold lines with the accent bits. They turned out great. I took a handful of heroclix and mage knight figures and with some greenstuff mods and bits from the sprue made 8 cool wizards. Ill make 13 more bodies use the rest of the arms on the sprue. Ill probably get 40 cultists out of the one box and be able to mod some 15 or more figures with the bits leftover. Ill take pics once im done. Way cool.
That's great to hear Trex! You have quite the system there with these kits from Norstar. Certainly getting your money's worth. Of course, that means you have that many more to paint

Quote:
I just looked over at what a GA crewman sprue gives as far as components go. It gives you enough bodies for 5 characters, enough heads for 10 characters, and enough arms for 10 characters. So it looks like I'll just make another 5 cultist body clones to use up the bits on the extra sprue I'll get with my Snakeman nickstarter. I've got to make 18 more bodies with my molds. Now to fully see what I'm going to do with the snakemen. I wonder how those sprues look. Very neato to see all the extra possibilities of these fantastic northstar sprues. All the extra bits do just enough to tie in other figures with these crew man and cultists. Love it.
Quote:

On the snakemen, it looks like there are 5 torsos, 5 lower bodies, 10 heads, and 10 sets of arms per sprue. Looks like I will be having 40 snakemen as well. How exciting. That means I'll have to make 20 snake bodies out of greenstuff with my instant mold. Crazy. Maybe I'll turn a couple of those snakemen into Heritors and Wardens with some other random bits I have at my place. @Hahma , do you know how long their nickstarters ship out after the thing is finished? I look forward to getting lost colossus, my snakemen, and Alterior motives.

EDIT: I'm so excited for you with your legion stuff. I will not be getting legion. I already have hundreds of SW figures in 28mm and really cant justify in any way buying legion. Closest thing I could do is somehow get a hold of the cards/dice/ruleset and play it with my 28mm figures. I already have built a board and terrain for a SW table and have figures I could use to proxy. I don't think my brothers crazy luck streak scared the other guy away from the game, and I hope he's done crapping horseshoes because I don't want my leveled wizards to die as well.
You'll have snakemen coming from everywhere! I look forward to pictures of both your crewmen and snakemen armies. If I recall correctly, it didn't take terribly long to get my Nickstarter once it was over. But then again, I don't usually pay attention to those things, as I figure I'll get them when I get them and have plenty to keep me busy otherwise in the meantime. I think I got mine a little bit sooner than my buddy Chris did, but he had the highest pledge level and had a lot more coming, though I don't know if that had anything to do with why his took a little longer.

As far as Legion, oye! Lots of figures and vehicles to assemble and paint. I know what I'll be doing with my hobby time for the next month The 6 new models for TWD that I got from Adepticon will have to wait, thought they are at least primed. I do have enough Mantic points to send to Mantic to get Abraham

Old March 31st, 2018, 09:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

My group had an all day gaming event from 10am to 11pm tonight. I only stayed until about 2:30, as I still had some cleaning to do around the house for family coming over tomorrow for Easter. I first played a neat game called Imhotep, and then setup Rumbleslam, as I for sure wanted to get that played before I left. Knowing that it was a teaching game and the first real non-solo learning game for me, I knew it would take a little while.

Greg - The Green Bruisers - Win
Marcel - The Heavy Pounders - Lose

The goal of the game is to throw all of your opponent's wrestlers out of the ring, or have the most points worth of wrestlers remaining in the ring at the end of round 5. We made it to round 5, but I managed to toss out Marcel's Ogre with my Orc Grappler I believe, in that round, and end up with my Orc Grappler, Troll and one of the Goblins as the only wrestlers left in the ring.

Despite the loss by the Heavy Pounders, they did have the the studliest wrestler of the match, the Human Grappler. This brawny baldy was doing all kinds of neat things and was giving my Troll fits. Even when the Troll managed to pick him up, ole' baldy wriggled free to come back for more wrassling action, as he wasn't ready to be thrown of the ring yet.

We didn't use any of the superstars in this game, as it was a learning game, but next time I think we will add some superstar to each lineup. Though that bald Human Grappler sonofagun showed the executives of the RWF, that he could be a superstar in the making. Yes folks, you may have witnessed the start of something special tonight. Save those ticket stubs, as they can be worth something some day.

This game system also has rules for 3 and 4 players, where you have similar setup rules, regarding starting at a turnbuckle and placing outward from there. But you still can't place a wrestler past 2 spaces from the ropes, nor adjacent to an opponent's wrestler. Any wrestlers on your team that won't fit, will be on the sidelines and each one can only enter when one of your wrestlers gets thrown out. There are also Tag Team wrestlers that come in a 2 pack booster, and each of them have their own card and cost. They can be played individually on a team, or start in the ring together, paying both of their full costs. Or, they can be played like a real tag team and you get a 150K point discount for the pair. Only one of them starts in the ring, and you have to move to tag the other one to get him into the ring. So it takes a bit more finesse, but you save on initial costs, and they have some neat tag team abilities.

Here's Marcel, giving my Orc Grappler the finger early on in the game. A little bit of smack talking by the rookie I'd say.

Marcel, pointing to the gold die that had failed him on so many occasions

Here, my Goblin Brawler is about to leap from the turnbuckle, using his famous Green Eagle turnbuckle ability against that Ugly Old Ogre. He did a little more damage I believe, and then the Ogre used a rope ability to fling himself toward the Goblin. Did a little damage and shoved the Goblin a couple spaces. Then...the Orc Grappler that the Heavy Pounders' coach had so blatantly disrespected earlier in the game, sauntered around his Troll teammate, lifted the Ogre and tossed his stanky self out of the ring, to ring the victory to the Green Bruisers!

We had a lot of fun and a lot of people came over to check out the action. We had probably 25 people there when I left, and I'm sure some more will have shown up after I left.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures