Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 24th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Beakface Sneaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Do they roll damage for a Major Fall if they drop from a height two or more levels beyond their height? I still see that as a type of falling damage, though I don't know for sure.

I take it that they are at least not protected from an extreme fall of 20 levels beyond their height.
I assume you mean 10 levels, not 2?

To answer your question, it says "Beakface Sneaks never roll for falling damage." That seems pretty clear to me that they, well, never roll for falling damage, of any kind. As for theme implications, I see no real issue with the difference between gliding off a 30-high castle than a 10-high castle if it takes flying figures the same amount of move to go up each.

Old February 24th, 2014, 01:45 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Do they roll damage for a Major Fall if they drop from a height two or more levels beyond their height? I still see that as a type of falling damage, though I don't know for sure.

I take it that they are at least not protected from an extreme fall of 20 levels beyond their height.
I assume you mean 10 levels, not 2?

To answer your question, it says "Beakface Sneaks never roll for falling damage." That seems pretty clear to me that they, well, never roll for falling damage, of any kind. As for theme implications, I see no real issue with the difference between gliding off a 30-high castle than a 10-high castle if it takes flying figures the same amount of move to go up each.
Yes, total mistake on the first part. I had meant 10. Theme-wise, I completely agree that these guys shouldn't suffer any falling penalties whatsoever. Nevertheless, I wouldn't describe an extreme fall as damage from a rules perspective (it's a d20 roll for a destroy effect). However, looking closely at the Lava Resistant power, it clearly refers to it as "lava damage and lava field damage," even though lava "damage" is a d20 based destroy effect. I guess I'm just wrong on that front, which is a relief since that would otherwise be an annoying theme break.
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:44 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I believe "never roll for falling damage" applies to all types of falling. They just glide.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 4th, 2014, 12:25 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Is there a BIO for the Beakface Sneaks and if so, can it be added to the Book please?
Old May 5th, 2014, 09:47 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Is there a BIO for the Beakface Sneaks and if so, can it be added to the Book please?
Nope, but if you or someone else would like to write one then feel free.
Old April 24th, 2015, 01:21 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

In for 4! I wasn't sure how many squads to order, but Coolstuffinc had only 4 Kenku Warriors left so that pretty much made the decision for me. Since they often have the best prices on loose minis and I have a 15% discount there, I'm feeling pretty lucky to have snagged those remaining Warriors and their last Kenku Wing Mage (which cost a lot more than I would normally pay for a single, but c'est la vie).

The species here should probably be RAPTORIANS, plural. Hasbro wasn't always consistent with this (and HUMAN makes itself the obvious exception), but in the majority of cases where the singular and plural forms differ, they went with the plural on squads: ARACHNIDS, DEMONS, DWARVES, ELEMENTARS, ELVES, GOBLINS (x2), NAGRUBS, VIPERS (x3), WOLVES (x2). For an SoV squad example, the Red Ants of Aunstrum list their species as INSECTS.

Also, I keyed and proofed the special powers for the Sneaks in order to build myself a rectangular card image, so here they are if somebody wants to add this to the OP:

Quote:
FLOCKING
After taking a turn with the Beakface Sneaks, if at least one Beakface Sneak attacked an opponent's figure, you may move up to two Raptorians you control that did not move or attack this turn up to 6 spaces each.

EVASIVE 3
When a Beakface Sneak rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 3 defense dice to the defending Sneak.

GLIDE
Beakface Sneaks never roll for falling damage.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old April 24th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Editing of the books' OPs is normally done by the OP, so just tag him: @superfrog .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 5th, 2015, 12:29 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

Anyone else notice the "Sneak" looks more like a warrior and the "Warrior" looks more like a sneak?

As others have mentioned, you need four to six squads to get a good game out of them. In casual 500 point games though, I just run ten squads with the warwitch and filler. Lots of fun and works pretty well.

They don't need rebased, but for the rest of the OCD people out there: If you are going to rebase these guys, you need to be very careful. It's very easy to lop off some toes leaving you with little left to glue to the base. Especially the one listed as warrior.
Old October 5th, 2015, 03:11 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I wouldn't run more than 4 squads of these. They have a hyper specific role of having a slight edge against range, but in all other situations they fall pretty durn flat.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 5th, 2015, 03:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I've been surprised at times how much I can get out of the Sneaks even when they're not in their ideal matchup. The key, really, is that even against melee you rarely lose more than two in a turn. So if you are getting any kills at all on your turns you can usually get at least some return for your OM and figure investments.
Old October 5th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I wouldn't run more than 4 squads of these. They have a hyper specific role of having a slight edge against range, but in all other situations they fall pretty durn flat.
I agree with the number but not with the reason. I think the meta of your local has a big impact on how you run certain squads. When 3 is the most of any squad, then the dynamics change. Army composition starts having more heroes or duel squad forces (much to the boon of the Yanks').

In those games the Sneaks make for a great first or second wave of attacks depending on what you are up against.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 6th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Oh, I dunno ... last year for NHSD I ran:
  • Gorillitroopers x3
  • Kursus
  • Beakface Sneaks x5

Loads of fun, and didn't perform too shoddily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs