Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations

Old November 19th, 2022, 05:58 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Air Marshal Zed Nesbitt Personal Custom

AIR MARSHAL ZED NESBITT [Draft 3.0 by Chas]

(Volarek/Ullar) Clockword Combine

Vorid
Unique Hero
Champion
Tricky
Huge 20

Life: 4
Move: 7
Range: 6
Attack: 3
Defense: 3

Altitude

When rolling defense, the first shield rolled will block two wounds. Zed Nesbitt gets Attack +1 to his regular nonadjacent attack against all nonflying figures instead of normal height advantage. He gets normal height advantage when attacking an adjacent figure.

Tow

When taking a turn with Zed Nesbitt, instead of moving or attacking, an entire squad of Vorids with Glider Landing who have not been destroyed may be placed on an empty space within 6 spaces of Zed Nesbitt. You cannot place any figure adjacent to either figures or Glyphs. The placed figures cannot move normally on their first turn.

Bombs Away! Range 2 Attack 6

At Game Start place two Bomb Markers on this card. One at a time may be used to make a bomb attack. Choose a target figure within range. This target and all adjacent figures roll defense separately. Zed Nesbitt is not affected by Bombs Away!

Stealth Flying

Note: This is a two space figure on a peanut base!

*This is an unofficial, not for profit, nonHasbro fan made custom.*

Last edited by chas; January 26th, 2023 at 10:07 AM.
Old November 19th, 2022, 05:59 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Air Marshal Zed Nesbitt Personal Custom

There's my first draft of the unrevealed AOA character I want to see the most. All comments are welcome!

(Edit: Now version 2.0; the original is preserved downthread).

Last edited by chas; December 6th, 2022 at 10:56 AM.
Old November 19th, 2022, 06:06 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There are no Vorid Squads with Flying or Stealth Flying. Also, you've made this guy completely invulnerable to, for example, the entire Gladiator army, the entire Ironclad army, the entire Blade/Heavy Grut army, the entire Skordyre army, the entire Dawn Raider army...
Old November 19th, 2022, 07:21 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The idea of him being unkillable by melee is interesting, as flying has always worked as hopping. If you really want him well and truly that far removed from the battlefield, perhaps a negative power might be in order? Maybe Nesbit doesn't count for win conditions, E.G if he is the last one left in your army, you count as not having any units on the board, and therefore lose. I'd still stay away from it personally, as it could make him completely broken in certain game modes like capture the flag, but it could be cool to have an AC-130 type unit for scenario play.
Old November 19th, 2022, 08:34 PM

Anitar:

1. Right you are about the Vorids; fixed.

2. We don't play tournament games here; so specialty types are more useful against the non canned combos we play. However, I'll have to look at it, since its such a big part of what others do.

3. What's a Skordyre?

Orgsbane:

Perhaps he shouldn't be able to land--activate Glyphs (although we usually don't play with them), or attack adjacent targets himself, etc.

Thanks for the input, guys. Just getting started, and I wanted to move us into customizing the missing AOA types.
Old November 19th, 2022, 09:02 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
AIR MARSHAL ZED NESBITT [Draft 1.0 by Chas]

(Volarek/Ullar) Clockword Combine

Vorid
Unique Hero
Champion
Tricky
Huge 20

Life: 4
Move: 7
Range: 6
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Altitude

Zed Nesbitt may only be attacked by a figure with a Range of 6 or higher, or in adjacency by a figure with Flying or Stealth Flying. Zed Nesbitt gets Attack +1 to his regular nonadjacent attack against all nonflying figures.

Tow

An entire squad of Vorids with Glider Landing who have not been destroyed may be placed on an empty space before the revealing of a single Order Marker. You cannot place any figure adjacent to either figures or Glyphs. The placed figures cannot move normally on their first turn.

Bombs Away! Range 2 Attack 6

At Game Start place two Bomb Markers on this card. One at a time may be used to make a bomb attack. Choose a target figure within range. This target and all adjacent figures roll defense separately. Zed Nesbitt is not affected by Bombs Away!

Stealth Flying
Just pinning the current OP.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 19th, 2022, 11:29 PM

See OP now for 2.0.

If there is a copyright problem using this name, my alternate would be:

Flight Commodore J. T. Biscuit.

Note that his General loyalty will depend on whether you are using the new AOA Generals or not. I generally favor not using them for simplicity.

Last edited by chas; November 20th, 2022 at 02:52 AM.
Old November 20th, 2022, 02:58 AM

Commentary On The Card

Altitude: How to simulate an Airship within Heroscape rules in general? How to relate it to other fliers? How best to show a Rifleman In The Sky?

Tow: This power was noted in an official reveal, but not fleshed out I believe. See the Glider Strikers card, which luckily we have for reference. Their drop abilities are copied here.

Bombs Away!: It was only after several views that I noticed those two big cylinders on the sides of the gondola. They could be something else, but they look like bombs to me! This is basically a more powerful version of the Airborne Elite's Grenade Special Attack but does require him to get close and use Line of Sight.

Stealth Flying: Its got to be difficult to hold an enemy blimp in place, unless you've got grappling hooks and etc. And this gives him maximum mobility to roam the battlefield at high speed.

Stats: They seem reasonable combined with the powers. The point cost should be about right.

Since this is the only Clockwork Combine card left unrevealed after the Haslab campaign has closed, it completes the faction in line with what seems to be suggested by the model and what little description there has been on him officially from Avalon Hill. I hope it ends up fairly close to the official card draft we won't get to see!

This is the AOA faction I most want to play with using proxy cards and figures. In a large point army, the faction's fliers and others can support the Bears. My first thought is to engage enemies with the Bears, mostly hand to hand, and then drop down from above to finish off their opponents!

The most similar thing I did in the past was an air support power I gave one of my custom supers long ago--DC fighter pilot Blackhawk (see my Marvelscape custom thread). I used him and my Lady Blackhawk and my Blackhawk squad mostly in Golden Age WWII era games against Nazi villains and troops, with allies from Captain America and Bucky to the Sgt. Fury and the Howling Commandoes, Sgt. Rock and Easy Company, etc. For our many adventures in NYC Scaping, see my signature line.

Changes From 1.0 to 2.0 Versions

1. Valiant to Tricky This is the more common attribute of Ullar Heroes; where Valiant is more often used for Jandar heroes. And he certainly is tricky!

2. Defense Drop from 4 to 3: In line with the new version of Altitude.

3. Altitude: Clearly my first two commentors want him more present in a normal way in the game, and interacting with more types of units. We still give him several unique advantages in both Attack and Defense for being in his Airship! Hopefully they give the flavor of his mechanical technology.

4. Tow Added "within 6 spaces." He now needs to position himself to drop the Glider Strikers near him. This now requires a bit more clever tactics and risk to pull it off. Note that the Glider Strikers can still be dropped the old fashioned way as noted on their own card without the Airship towing them even if it is in the game; they now must drop either one way or the other, not both.

5. "Note: This is a two space figure on a peanut base" as clearly shown on the Haslab offering page.

I hope this version of the card will be fun for you to play. If you try it out, please give feedback here.

Last edited by chas; November 20th, 2022 at 07:16 AM.
Old November 20th, 2022, 11:30 AM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It'd be cool to consider something along the lines of when it dies, there's a huge explosion attack that works similar to dying swipe or shards.

You could then consider maybe it'd still die like that for range fire, simulating shooting at the balloon, verses melee which has to move X amount of spots when adjacent to simulate climbing up the balloon to attack Nesbitt directly, who could have really weak stats. I guess have rules similar to ladders, but maybe that's overly complicated altogether.

Upset City Baby.
Old November 20th, 2022, 12:49 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
It'd be cool to consider something along the lines of when it dies, there's a huge explosion attack that works similar to dying swipe or shards.
Oh the humanity!

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 20th, 2022 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Sorry...had to be said at some point and I'm just the person without tact enough to say it.
Old November 20th, 2022, 01:20 PM

Actually I've been conceiving it so far as just a hot air and propeller powered craft, so no big Hindenburg explosion. That's an interesting concept to consider, though.
Old November 20th, 2022, 07:58 PM

TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker TheIsamu knows what's in an order marker

Whoa! I think Im going to have to look for 3rd part airship models to proxy this guy now that these rules exist. Thanks for starting to stat out this guy! The special abilities really read like what I had thought the original designers had in mind. Speaking of which is there anyway to show this to the war council members or the design team to see if you were at least on the right track?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > Custom Creations