Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old March 24th, 2018, 10:07 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: AMIS customs

Finally added another - not sure what took so long.

March 24, 2018

Dracolich.
My version. The Death cloud is based on any animated movie I ever seen that had a skeletal dragon...most of which always had a dust cloud or cloud of destruction around them that seemed to do nothing but dissipate. That always annoyed me.

Figure = D&D's - Fettered Dracolich
General: Utgar

Undead
Unique Hero
Dark King
Terrifying
Large 7

Life: 5
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 3

Lingering Death Cloud
After taking a turn with the Dracolich roll one unblockable attack on all figures with 2 hexes that are no more than 3 levels higher of lower.

Flying
When counting movement for the Dracolich ignore elevation. It will take leaving engagement strikes.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 24th, 2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Sometimes life happens...that's why this ones undead.
Old April 21st, 2018, 08:31 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's one I'm still working on...

Leeh
Figure Used - Ogre given to me as a present to help build up a goblin army I'm putting together so I'm not sure. He holds a door as a shield and a large club.

Ogre
Unique Hero
Beast
Tormenting
Large 6

Life: 5
Move: 4
Range: 1
Attack: 4
Defense: 5

Mob Direction
Prior to Leeh`s turn, you may move up to 8 Goblins that you control up to 4 spaces.

Goblin Fear
Each Goblin adjacent to Leeh may add one attack and defense die when required.

Clamber Over
After attacking with Leeh, all adjacent small Goblins may move to another adjacent hex up to 6 levels higher or lower without taking leaving engagement strikes.

Any suggestions on points or abilities is more than welcome...this is a work in progress...

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; April 21st, 2018 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Not sure I like the idea of mob movement...
Old November 6th, 2022, 08:18 AM

Here's one we've been using for a while...since the re-painting of a 4th Mass to become Samuel Brown.

Green Mountain Men
Figures used - the 3 non Sam Brown sculpts of the 4th Mass - painted with green tunics.

Human
Common Squad (3)
Soldier
Rebellious
Medium 5

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 5
Attack: 3
Defense: 2

Rebellious 18
Before moving roll a 1d20. On a result of 18 or higher the Green Mountain Men will not move but may attack from where they are.

Mountain Men
If a Green Mountain man is on a rock hex or beside a rock formation add 1 defense die. This can be cumulative to a maximum of 2 additional dice.

Survival Skills
Add one die when attacking a beast or animal.

I'm posting this (which are american revolutionary war figures) in preparation of coming up with some civil war units for the thread titled Civil War Units for Heroscape.

Last edited by AMIS; November 7th, 2022 at 06:20 PM. Reason: They were actually dubbed the Green Mountain Boys but I figure they grew up in Valhalla.
Old November 19th, 2022, 10:54 PM

Looking for assistance to help with the following cards for the Civil War Union side...

Starting with the leader/hero (a man who beat a political opponent with his cane for uttering an insult), then a squad (with a line of fire power) and finishing up with artillery (tried to keep thematic). Suggestions and comments are always welcome. And figure suggestions would be great as well.

Lovell Rousseau
Figure used - TBD.

Human
Unique Hero
Colonel
Demanding
Medium 5

Life:4
Move:5
Range:5
Attack:2
Defense:2

RATTAN CANE Spec. Attack (Range 1, Attack 1)
Instead of attacking with a normal attack Lovell Rousseau may use his Rattan Cane 4 times. Each attack may only be on the same figure.

LOYAL LEGION VOLUNTEERS
After taking a turn with Lovell Rousseau, you may move up to 4 Louisville Legion figures up to 5 hexes.

Louisville Legion
Figures used - TBD Squads of 4.

Human
Common Squad
Loyal
Precise
Medium 5

Life:1
Attack:1
Points 50

POWER OF THE LINE
Instead of moving normally the Louisville Legion may more 1 hex and attack. During this attack for each Louisville Legion figure adjacent to the figure rolling add 1 attack die (up to 2 extra dice).

Coffee Mill Gun
Figure used - TBD.

Human
Common Hero
Artillery
Terrifying
Large 5

Move:2
Range:6
Attack:3
Points 80

SWEEPING REPEATING GUN
After attacking with the Coffee Mill Gun, you may attack and adjacent figure to the original figure targeted. After this second attack you may attack one more a figure adjacent to the second figure but you may not hit the same figure twice.

OVERHEATING
During an attack, if more shields are rolled than skulls then the Coffee Mill Gun has overheated and immediately ends it's turn.

I will add the confederates later this week.

Last edited by AMIS; November 19th, 2022 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Ain't whistling Dixie!
Old November 20th, 2022, 12:17 AM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice units. It looks like the Louisville Legion is less of a ranged unit and more of a melee squad that can throw potshots while closing the distance, but I don't think they'll survive long in that capacity with only 2 Defense. Maybe you could consider giving them Melee Defense 1.

Also, I notice that the Legion doesn't have a class. What is it supposed to be?

As for sculpts, this company makes a line of 28mm-scale American Civil War miniatures. I think they're metal, though, so they'll feel different from classic 'Scape figures.

Last edited by Blue Trails; November 20th, 2022 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something.
Old November 20th, 2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Nice units. It looks like the Louisville Legion is less of a ranged unit and more of a melee squad that can throw potshots while closing the distance, but I don't think they'll survive long in that capacity with only 2 Defense. Maybe you could consider giving them Melee Defense 1.

Also, I notice that the Legion doesn't have a class. What is it supposed to be?

As for sculpts, this company makes a line of 28mm-scale American Civil War miniatures. I think they're metal, though, so they'll feel different from classic 'Scape figures.
I thought I was the only person that forgot to mention things...

Not sure why you'd think they're more of a melee squad, perhaps it's the power of the line skill's wording...I'll refresh it in the OP. The idea is that instead of rushing into combat they can move forward slowly and fire in a line up with extra accuracy. A combination of the roman wall and wait then fire skills. Colonel Lovell Rousseau is there to allow them to reposition if required under his orders without being able to rush and then fire very quickly.
I picture the combination being to use Lovell Rousseau first and then the Louisville Legion twice in a round (or using the Coffee Mill Gun on the third marker).

And...oh yeah...They should have a class! I'll change that in the OP

Thanks for the figure idea, I'll look into those!

I like the Melee Defense 1 idea but I would rather the civil war squads be relatively easy to take down while still being able to get rid of other weak units. The limited movement with the attack bonus should help with that but it may mean I still need to drop the point cost.

And here's the changes as well:

Louisville Legion

Human
Common Squad
Soldier
Loyal
Medium 5

Points 50

POWER OF THE LINE
Instead of moving normally the Louisville Legion may move 1 hex and then use their normal range attack adding 1 die for each Louisville Legion figure adjacent to them (up to 2 extra dice).

Last edited by AMIS; November 20th, 2022 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Thanks for the suggestions!
Old November 20th, 2022, 09:28 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I called the Legion a melee squad because their Range and Attack values are low for a ranged squad, and because they must act as their own screen to benefit from their special power, which means you'll generally want a lot of them in engagements. The strategy you've explained to me makes sense, though, especially when backed by Coffee Mill Guns—those things look brutal!

Also, I can respect the decision against Melee Defense. I don't think you need to change the squad's cost, though; 50 points seems appropriate.
Old November 21st, 2022, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I called the Legion a melee squad because their Range and Attack values are low for a ranged squad, and because they must act as their own screen to benefit from their special power, which means you'll generally want a lot of them in engagements. The strategy you've explained to me makes sense, though, especially when backed by Coffee Mill Guns—those things look brutal!

Also, I can respect the decision against Melee Defense. I don't think you need to change the squad's cost, though; 50 points seems appropriate.
Thank you...and thank you for the support.

Last edited by AMIS; November 21st, 2022 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Always good to hear suggestion and such from other players.
Old November 22nd, 2022, 08:56 AM

Still looking for assistance to help with the following cards for the Civil War. Here's my Confederate Side.

Starting with the leader/hero (a west point rained officer who left politics to join the south), then a squad (with a building damage power) and finishing up with artillery (tried to keep thematic). Suggestions and comments are always welcome. And figure suggestions would be great as well.

Rice Graves
Figure used - TBD.

Human
Unique Hero
Major
Skillful
Medium 5

Life:4
Attack:2

CHIEF OF ARTILLERY
Instead of taking a turn with Rice Graves you may take a turn with an adjacent Artillery unit adding 1 to that units Range and Attack.

WEST POINT TRAINING
After taking a turn with Rice Graves, you may move up an Artillery unit up to 2 hexes if Chief of Artillery was not used this turn.

Orphan Brigade

Human
Common Squad
Recruits
Rebellious
Medium 5

Points 70

HEAVY CASUALTIES SPECIAL ATTACK
Once one of the Orphan Brigade figures is removed from the board, place a heavy casualty token on this card. For each heavy casualty token on this card add one die to each attack. Once more than three tokens would be on this card, remove all tokens from the card.

Confederate Cannon
Figure used - TBD.

Human
Common Hero
Artillery
Terrifying
Large 5

Move:2
Range:6
Attack:3
Points 70

EXPLOSIVE SHOT 2
Before rolling to hit roll a 20 sided die. On a 1 or 2 the cannon will self explode. Roll a 1 die attack against all adjacent figures.

CANNON BLAST
After rolling defence for the targeted figure on a normal attack, all adjacent figures to the targeted figure must roll defense against the same attack roll minus 1 skull (to a minimum of 0).

Not sure how much I like the heavy casualties power.

Last edited by AMIS; November 22nd, 2022 at 08:58 AM. Reason: The yin to the yang of the US civil war.
Old December 1st, 2022, 05:37 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

IMO Explosive Shot 2 needs more than 1 attack die to be worth including as a power, unless you meant it to be unblockable. Also does self-explode mean the cannon is destroyed?

The heavy casualties power seems like it belongs on a unique squad instead of a common squad.

To go back to one of your 2018 posts I think the ogre you are mentioning is a Reaper Bones 77566 Ogre Chieftain

Last edited by yamissflash; December 1st, 2022 at 06:36 PM. Reason: I think I found the ogre
Old December 2nd, 2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
IMO Explosive Shot 2 needs more than 1 attack die to be worth including as a power, unless you meant it to be unblockable. Also does self-explode mean the cannon is destroyed?

The heavy casualties power seems like it belongs on a unique squad instead of a common squad.

To go back to one of your 2018 posts I think the ogre you are mentioning is a Reaper Bones 77566 Ogre Chieftain
Self explode does mean for the cannon to be destroyed...must've been tired typing this up! And it should indeed be an unblockable hit. Both great call outs. I'll change the wording in the OP.

As for the heavy casualties, I was thinking that as well originally but the tokens are meant to re-occur...I'll change the wording in the OP.

It is indeed that Ogre!!! Amazing call it. If I could rep-you three times for that I would. Thank you!

Last edited by AMIS; December 2nd, 2022 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Gotta love this community.
Old December 23rd, 2022, 11:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
POWER OF THE LINE
Instead of moving normally the Louisville Legion may move 1 hex and then use their normal range attack adding 1 die for each Louisville Legion figure adjacent to them (up to 2 extra dice)
I think this wording is a little muddled. Perhaps you mean:
Instead of moving normally, each Louisville Legion figure you control may move up to 1 space. If they did not move normally, then when they make an attack they may add one additional attack die for each adjacent Louisville Legion figure you control (up to a maximum of 2 additional dice).
I would model the last clause off of the Roman Legion and Knights of Blackgaard from C3V, but the conditional clause is a bit different.

I think this wording is more clear. It may not be what you intended though; I had to make multiple judgment calls to guess what you intended as I was typing it up.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards