Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 18th, 2022, 04:46 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Thank you so much for posting these, I appreciate it immensely. Does the War Council also have permission for providing the information behind the Vorid Glide Strikers and Haluchott, Corruptor of Beasts, since those cards were seen accidently on the Compendium site before corrections were made? Wanted to ask but there's no negative feelings if it's a no, this is a massive privilege as is, and I am still grateful.
No, those were never revealed, so we can't say anything about them.
Thank you for letting me know! Appreciate these efforts

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old November 18th, 2022, 04:59 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you so much for posting these, I appreciate it immensely. Does the War Council also have permission for providing the information behind the Vorid Glide Strikers and Haluchott, Corruptor of Beasts, since those cards were seen accidently on the Compendium site before corrections were made? Wanted to ask but there's no negative feelings if it's a no, this is a massive privilege as is, and I am still grateful.
Go to the "AoA units, classic style (incl. Revna and Volarak templates)" thread in the AoA section of the customs forum. It has the Vorid Glide Strikers Card from Anitar.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; November 18th, 2022 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Great community.
Old November 18th, 2022, 10:20 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Go to the "AoA units, classic style (incl. Revna and Volarak templates)" thread in the AoA section of the customs forum. It has the Vorid Glide Strikers Card from Anitar.
Those are super awesome; I was wondering if those were considered the "release-ready" concept that @Dad_Scaper was talking about. Either way I'd love to proxy any version we have permission for

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old November 23rd, 2022, 12:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING RIGHT HERE PAY ATTENTION FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE PUT DOWN YOUR COFFEE THIS IS SERIOUS AND I MEAN SERIOUS

Greeings, gentle reader interested in the Age of Annihilation. Thank you for your attention to this moment in the history of our beloved game. I would like to share something with you.

The Avalon Hill team released many units to the world - and to us, the community - including several even as the campaign was winding down, with no chance of success. I am fortunate to have been released from the NDA to discuss certain subjects, including the evolution of designs that have been released. To that end, I am permitted to say, and I do say, the following:
Every unit that was released was in final form to our satisfaction as designers and playtesters. The only changes that might have followed were cosmetic, including (1) names of units and powers, and (2) precise "height" value. Other than those two things, these units were all final, to our satisfaction and to Craig's.

I have heard, but not seen, that some expressed a concern that these designs were still "beta." They were not. They were finished. Were they released as part of a finished AH product? No. But they were finished.

Thank you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 23rd, 2022, 03:47 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is good to hear, I appreciate the confirmation on the released unit card. Thank you!
Old November 23rd, 2022, 08:11 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I think we can look at the AoA units the same way we do Samuel Brown, and that Sam already set a precedent for them. They are official units produced by Hasbro/AH, and they released a card only with no mini, its pretty much the exact same situation.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 08:38 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They are very, very similar. Not quite the same, but close. As I see it.

Indeed, they were both offered from Hasbro essentially as gestures to the community. Many of these AoA units were released on the day before the campaign ended, at a time when they surely saw the writing on the wall.

= =
Old November 24th, 2022, 06:17 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Does those cards have been tested with VC or plan to be tested/tweaked by VC ?
Old November 24th, 2022, 09:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
I don’t think VC is in the business of changing official cards, so I wouldn’t expect to see that. If there are any combination issues, I think VC would tweak on their end (but these issues seem hypothetical only).

I know for relatively sure that official testers do not test with customs.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 24th, 2022, 11:13 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In my view, AoA units have a status that parallels those of C3V/SoV. They are a custom, but a custom that's beyond well-vetted and will probably see some tournament approval. I'd bet on Louisville allowing their use for certain events
Old November 24th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
I don’t think VC is in the business of changing official cards, so I wouldn’t expect to see that. If there are any combination issues, I think VC would tweak on their end (but these issues seem hypothetical only).

We are discussing how to address this issue. Expect an announcement soon.

Excellent question, without an obvious or easy answer.

When designing AoA, we did not test with the C3V/SoV content.

= =
Old November 24th, 2022, 12:57 PM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

We are discussing how to address this issue. Expect an announcement soon.

Excellent question, without an obvious or easy answer.

When designing AoA, we did not test with the C3V/SoV content.

I was wondering if on the end with the arrival of other VCs peoples, some tests have been run not officially

I hope to see a clear status of VC about them and their inclusion or not in future design too. With update of AoA cards if needed. And if it's an update of existing C3V/SoV. I think it should open the door of updating classic scape/C3V/Sov/AoA cards when needed, to reword stuff or tweak some values with the visibility of years of playing

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion