Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old September 30th, 2021, 07:50 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That sounds pretty awesome. I played a home brewed Star Wars game at Gen Con that was the assault on Hoth.
We completely annihilated the Empire.
Was it a star wars legion home brew scenario? I typically had been an empire player but play all 4 factions. I’ve played empire the most. Clones and droids the second most, and got in one game with rebels. With my purchases combined with the power of my 3D modeling skills and printers I have literally a few thousand models for legion. Including every unit that can be played to its maximum amount in the biggest of game modes. I even have everything that has been spoiled but not yet released. What I super great with legion right now is that with the current rules reference guide and errata, pretty much anything you pick to play is really fun and balanced. I’m just trying to knock out all my painting que of them all.
Old September 30th, 2021, 08:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think it was a total homebrew. The map was tiles used for movement.
Empire was mostly At-Ats and a St or two.
We started with a bunch of land speeders.
Each side got reinforcements that were known characters.
Old April 16th, 2022, 11:43 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Been awhile since posting here on the frostgrave and other minis games forum. I wanted to share my excitement about a new paint line that's come out. It's similar to citadel contrast paints but at about half the price. I love to paint minis and have a pretty high mini painting count but think this will make my mini painting even more enjoyable and go even faster. Figured I'd give a shout on here since I pre-ordered the mega set of them for a good deal this morning. @Hahma . Here's a link to one of the many videos out there on the army painter speedpaints. Hope you guys get as hyped as I am about these.
Old April 16th, 2022, 07:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

@TREX - Thanks for the recommendation. Ive only dabbled with crappy paints so far but I went all in on the masters of the universe Kickstarter so I'm going to have more unpainted minis than ever before in the future so something quick and effective will be required. I also didn't want to chhep out this time as it's a significant investment.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 18th, 2022, 09:21 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks @TREX ! I'll have to look into those paints.

Though I have greatly decreased the amount of minis I am buying, waiting to finish up with what I have already. I just got divorced in January and while I kept the house and have more than enough room for minis, I've got a new mortgage that I have to pay by myself as well as two daughters in college. On top of that, my ex and I are buying the girls cars. We just got a 2016 Kia Soul for the one daughter on Saturday and have one more vehicle to buy the other daughter.

Add on to that, I recently found out that the digestive issues and some terrible experiences over the past 3 years is from gallstones. So I have to see a surgeon onnthe 27th for a consultation and then likely a test to see the function level of the gallbladder (for insurance reasons) and then see if they are going to remove it. Normally people are out of work for a couple weeks, but since I have a very physical job, I will likely miss at least 3 weeks.

So maybe I may be able to get some painting done in that time, we'll see.

Been a crappy several months, so hopefully things get better.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 18th, 2022, 10:08 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Hang in there Hahma. I hope they are able to make you feel better.
Old April 18th, 2022, 10:30 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Thanks Tornado! Me too. I just have to be really careful what I eat in the meantime.

Old April 18th, 2022, 11:30 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Thanks Tornado! Me too. I just have to be really careful what I eat in the meantime.
Sorry to hear how rough things have been going for you . Hoping the best for you on the health issues. I know first hand how horrible that stuff can make things. Hope things turn around for you and get better. I've slowed down on getting new stuff as well for the most part and have concentrated on trying to get what I have painted. Seeing these new speedpaints as a great answer to that at about half the price as contrast paints got me excited, so I got some ordered and wanted to give a shout to some of you guys that I know paint as well to help you guys knock out projects more quickly.
Old April 18th, 2022, 08:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Sorry to hear how rough things have been going for you . Hoping the best for you on the health issues. I know first hand how horrible that stuff can make things. Hope things turn around for you and get better. I've slowed down on getting new stuff as well for the most part and have concentrated on trying to get what I have painted. Seeing these new speedpaints as a great answer to that at about half the price as contrast paints got me excited, so I got some ordered and wanted to give a shout to some of you guys that I know paint as well to help you guys knock out projects more quickly.

Thanks Trex!

We all could have uses those speed paints a couple years ago 😄 but better late than never.

Old October 21st, 2022, 04:35 AM
"like" happy

It's been awhile since this thread has had a good bump. I just want to put all the fun and interesting miniatures games I've been actively playing, building things for, eyeballing, or hoping to pick up or get to the table. I've been more regularly playing and painting star wars legion. This game is fantastic. Really scratches my star wars itch. I'm yet again painting more models for it. I'm caught up printing and buying models for it for the time being. I've got tons of everything, all units, for all five armies. Anybody that's a starwars fan, and loves miniatures games should check this out. I've also been actively playing walking dead call to arms. I really love this . Its a very fun smaller scale skirmish game. There aren't squads or armies, but groups of individual survivors that you draft. There are a handful of fun objectives, and it's super fun to screw the other players over by moving walkers towards enemy survivors. It's got a really fun and thematic walking dead feel to it. Some games I have that I'm dying to get to the table are stargrave, frostgrave 2.0, ghost archipelago, and fallout wasteland warfare. These are all fun little skirmish games all except fallout of these are miniatures agnostic. Off and on I've been painting models for various versions of zombicide. The modern ones, especially zombies, make great additions to my walking dead zombie hordes on the tabletop. I'm currently getting ready to dive into middle earth battle strategy game. I absolutely love tolkeins work and the game looks pretty great. I've got quite a few lotr and hobbit minis based with scape bases that I'm going to rebase for this game since the HoME group is pretty stagnant anyway. I've already got all the pdfs for it and a gearing up to make an Isengard army first. At one point in time I wanted to put star wars, walking dead, and lotr into heroscape, but have come to the conclusion in the last few years, that everything doesn't need to be heroscape, and other systems can be great fun and should get a chance. Very exciting time to have sweet miniature games for all these fun IPs. Last game I've been eyeballing lately is called space station zero. A Sci fi mini agnostic game that can be played solo, coop, or in one off head to head games. The solo and coop are a survival type adventure where the players fight through the space station. I look forward to what any of you others are playing that you are excited about and are painting and making things for. I figure this is a cool spot to discuss something besides the Age of Annihilation in a time where it gets 99% of all conversation for reasons I can't in all honesty get excited about.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2022, 06:00 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fair points @TREX
My youngest has been dragging me into Legion. It's a good game and he does all the painting for it (he's far better than I've ever been - I think he enjoys painting while I hate it). It's actually a fun game but I've "heroscaped" all his figures as well. But when we play Star Wars scape we do not tend to mix them with non star wars figures.
My oldest is into warhammer painting (not the game but Orks, space wolves and halflings) so that gets heroscaped too and again it's not something we generally mix in.
Bloodbowl is the big game right now and we've all painted teams for that - it's a game I was into in the 80's so I've far more teams than either of them - but together we have 46 teams that we play elimination tournaments with on an annual basis. We'll play 3-team matches in Dungeonbowl for 5 various cups then we each chose a team (not allowed to choose the same as last year) and put the winners and our choices into an 8 team elimination final. Lot's of yelling and fun.
Heroquest is another fun game that I've started painting the figures to after a year of using proxies from my old D&D and Heroscape collection.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 21st, 2022 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Lot's of painting happens here...and they put up with my grumbling.
Old October 21st, 2022, 04:13 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Fair points @TREX
My youngest has been dragging me into Legion. It's a good game and he does all the painting for it (he's far better than I've ever been - I think he enjoys painting while I hate it). It's actually a fun game but I've "heroscaped" all his figures as well. But when we play Star Wars scape we do not tend to mix them with non star wars figures.
My oldest is into warhammer painting (not the game but Orks, space wolves and halflings) so that gets heroscaped too and again it's not something we generally mix in.
Bloodbowl is the big game right now and we've all painted teams for that - it's a game I was into in the 80's so I've far more teams than either of them - but together we have 46 teams that we play elimination tournaments with on an annual basis. We'll play 3-team matches in Dungeonbowl for 5 various cups then we each chose a team (not allowed to choose the same as last year) and put the winners and our choices into an 8 team elimination final. Lot's of yelling and fun.
Heroquest is another fun game that I've started painting the figures to after a year of using proxies from my old D&D and Heroscape collection.
That's awesome that your kids play these games with you. I have an 11yr old daughter that will only play minecraft along with the occasional other video game. She likes to paint and draw but I'm yet to get her mini painting on the regular. I've been trying to tantalize her with the airbrush lately. The answer is always, you do it better dad, can you just paint the stuff in question. I guess on the other games they could live in their own games and heroscape. I guess I just am tired of making customs and prefer to just play the game they came with. I don't play 40k but am very interested in the kroot models. I found and downloaded a bunch of awesome stls that I could build an entire kroot army with. I'm thinking I'll just make some smaller crews of them for stargrave or something. I've never played dungeonbowl. That sounds neat. I have been trying not to get into too many new games lately. But since I pretty much have all the middle earth strategy battle game pdf manuals, a bunch of models already, and a ton of stls, combined with my unnatural love for Tolkien stuff, I can't help myself.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures