Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old April 12th, 2022, 01:48 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Post The Curse of Feylund

Greetings readers and writers, and welcome to the second installment of the Feylund Trilogy: The Curse of Feylund. I've been working on this one for some time, but now it's finally written, proofread, and ready to go.

The Curse of Feylund is a direct sequel to Dilmir: A Tale of Feylund. While Dilmir was a reposting of the story I originally wrote back in 2013, the Curse is not. There was a sequel to Dilmir which I wrote in 2013, and it was also called the Curse. Originally I was going to just repost that with some edits. However, as I'll explain in the Author's Note, that didn't work out, and I eventually had to just remake the entire story. There are a few similarities, but the two stories are vastly different.

A note on posting:
Spoiler Alert!

A note on the plethora of material:
Spoiler Alert!

Finally, there are a few PoV shifts. These should all be separated by either chapter divisions, or separators within the chapters themselves. I believe I got them all, but if you come across a sudden PoV shift with no separator, please let me know.

Begin reading here! You can find all the chapters under 'The Curse of Feylund' heading on the menu at the top.

~TGRF.
Old April 12th, 2022, 01:54 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Curse of Feylund

@TheAverageFan @AMIS @William099

The Curse of Feylund, the sequel to Dilmir, is now live! Note that the whole thing is posted, as I explain above. You're free to read as much or as little as you like in a sitting.

Also, AMIS, the first chapter features vampires, but don't worry. The story is very much about elves and magic.

As always, any comments, criticism, or advice is welcome. The primary goal of writing fan fiction for me is to become a better writer, and I can only do that through honest feedback. I welcome any thoughts you have, both as you read and as a whole once you're finished.

If you read the whole story, please consider leaving a rating between 1-10, so that I can better judge how this story stacks up against my previous works.

Let the reading commence!

~TGRF.
Old April 12th, 2022, 06:08 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The whole thing in one big chunk?! Guess I've got my work cut out for me. Updates on my feedback may be sluggish; I'm going to try reading it but I might have to stop and reread all of Dilmir depending on how much essential information I may have forgotten over time.

~TAF, who'll have to get back home before he can begin

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 12th, 2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
The whole thing in one big chunk?! Guess I've got my work cut out for me. Updates on my feedback may be sluggish; I'm going to try reading it but I might have to stop and reread all of Dilmir depending on how much essential information I may have forgotten over time.

~TAF, who'll have to get back home before he can begin
The recap should do a pretty good job of conveying everything essential, and there is a bit of recap in the story itself. It's the little details which aren't covered - but being the author I can't tell how essential those might or might not be.

~TGRF.
Old April 13th, 2022, 05:57 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Intro, author's note, chapter 1 + 2:

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

Old April 13th, 2022, 06:51 PM

Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.
Old April 13th, 2022, 10:10 PM

Ah, yes. I did totally forget to check out the maps before I began.

Chapters 3-7

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

Old April 14th, 2022, 12:21 AM

Spoiler Alert!

~TGRF.
Old April 14th, 2022, 01:11 AM

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

Old April 14th, 2022, 06:52 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just started reading this.

I don't remember Dilmir, but I know I read it a while ago. Memory just not what it used be.

This story is very reminiscent of RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'urden with an elf searching for a place in his own society.

It's well written so far and I'm enjoying it.

Favorite side Character to this point - Asenir.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; April 14th, 2022 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Vampires and Zombies...really? LOL
Old April 14th, 2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Just started reading this.

I don't remember Dilmir, but I know I read it a while ago. Memory just not what it used be.

This story is very reminiscent of RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'urden with an elf searching for a place in his own society.

It's well written so far and I'm enjoying it.

Favorite side Character to this point - Asenir.
Glad you're enjoying it! I look forward to your thoughts as you progress.

~TGRF.
Old April 14th, 2022, 06:06 PM

8, 9, 10:

Spoiler Alert!

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction