Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:46 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Thanos

So what you are saying is that, in a scenario, per say Dr. Doom mind exchanges Thanos, Thanos attacks a counterstroke unit and is counterstruck and killed, at the end of that turn, would I roll for RBD, and if that is correct and I roll a 19/20, would I keep Thanos?

First off, I don't think the above scenario would happen because it (RBD) only comes into play on future turns, and the ownership of Thanos goes back to your opponent.

Although, if that were possible, that would be cool...

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Rejected By Death triggers at the start of turns after he's been destroyed, so it'd never trigger during a Mind Exchange turn. Also, with Mind Exchange, control returns to the original owner after the turn is over, so even if you were able to get Thanos to come back during that turn, as soon as that turn ended, control would revert. It wouldn't suddenly become permanent mind control.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:41 PM

Scaper Nerd is surprisingly tart

That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

Scaper Nerd is Sharwin Wildborn...
in the Tower of Agony..
Old June 21st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

These books need updated too, much like the Valhallan figures.

Last edited by MegaSilver; June 21st, 2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: They need to look consistent, do they not? ;)
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

On the old Hasbro site in the charector pic of Thanos, there seems to be something on his hand like a ball of ice or energy or the like. Anyone else seen this/know what it is?
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:31 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That's a picture of the prototype miniature that they didn't end up using.

Welcome to the site!
Old May 1st, 2018, 07:26 PM

King_Buyer costs too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I actually thought about this - an official "turn" involves the turning over of the turn marker - you might end up having multiple "turns" on the activation of one turn marker (frenzy), but that initial turn marker activation is required for it to be a turn. If your figure is dead, you reveal and remove the turn marker without activating it. Thus you don't ever have the activation part of the turn, thus you cannot perform *any* actions, including rolling for Rejected by Death.
That said, if your #2 turn marker were on, say some Venoc Vipers, and your #3 turn marker were on a dead Thanos, and you got that 19 roll from the Venocs during their activation with the #2, then your #3 turn marker would be useable once again, IMO.
Sorry for being a joker, my dear Batman, but I must disagree about the Heroscape use of the word "turn". Before taking a "turn" with blade gruts, take a "turn" with an orc champ... "turn" means "turn", not activation or flipping order markers. This is why game designers said the Marvel-scape does not jive with the regular-scape. Note that Blastatrons or Nakitas let you move with other squads but not take a "turn" with them. Anything with the bonding ability is clear about the wording... "take a TURN".

When Dr Doom takes a "turn" with another fig, you don't activate anything new or flip any markers but you do take a "Turn" and yes you do roll for Thanos at the start of that additional "Turn". So when Dr. Doom and Thanos are drafted together, you can possibly roll up to 6 times per round for Thanos to return. Ornak or Red Skull have abilities that say "instead of taking a turn" so you wouldn't roll for Thanos after revealing those order markers but you would at the start of the "turns" you take instead.

Kurrok is where the wording gets tricky: "take A turn with up to 3 elementals"... so with those 3 elementals (who all move first then all attack - it doesn't say take up to 3 turns with any elemental) you take ONE fancy super-turn. That would only be one roll for Thanos.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 12:28 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I see @King_Buyer 's logic, but I would keep with the spirit of the rules if combining Marvel Classic/C3G and and ERRATA rejected by death to say, "After revealing an order marker on an in play army card you control After Thanos has been destroyed..." Otherwise yes, Bonding and Frenzy and Kurrok would be multiple turns.

Also see Hasbro's official FAQ at in the opening post:
Quote:
- REJECTED BY DEATH : Rolling for 'dead cards'
If I have a turn order marker on an Army Card, but every figure on the Army Card has been destroyed, can I still roll for Rejected By Death?
No. If the every figure on the Army Card is destroyed, you cannot take that turn, and Rejected By Death would never activate. (Hasbro FAQ)

- REJECTED BY DEATH : Using Order Markers after Thanos is revived
If I have a turn order marker on a destroyed Thanos, but he is brought back onto the board by Rejected By Death before I would have used that Turn Order Marker, can I take that turn with him when the time comes?
Yes. The turn order markers are not removed from the cards once a figure is destroyed. If Thanos is on the board when his turn would come up (even if he was destroyed the turn before), he can take that turn. (Hasbro FAQ)
Old May 2nd, 2018, 03:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty ballsy to roll in with 8 posts and call out someone with 80,000+.

Last edited by Tornado; May 2nd, 2018 at 04:15 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:14 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe King_Buyer should roll in to the Taelord book and speculate about what his weird version of flying means.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Pretty ballsy to roll in with 8 posts and call out someone with 80,000+.
However, if anyone has been looking at the C3V playtesting they have a unit with Rejected by Death and they are playing it that each Turn (even those triggered by bonding) count for rolling. And the rules team with C3V are not slouches either.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:26 PM

King_Buyer costs too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Pretty ballsy to roll in with 8 posts and call out someone 80,000+.
Heh heh heh, that's kinda what jokers do. Just cuz someone tweets all day Mr. President, doesn't mean they tweets be accurate. I've had probably a dozen profiles on this site thus far but have long since changed emails. I've hosted Heroscape demos and tourneys in some of the largest Comic Conventions in my Country (I've made moving vehicles out of Heroscape terrain and even a mechanized AT-AT puppet out of castle walls). I don't mean to cast dispersions or bust the Batman's chops, but I do disagree with his opinion. I'm just back here again to buy up a swath of goodies for my nephews and will then go back to living an actual life and not wasting all my time debating about childrens' toys. And at the end of the turn, Morsbane negates you... who's turn... THE turn... yours, mine, EVERY turn! Peace be with you my dizzy little tornado

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's