Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 11th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
**AHEM***

from the dictionary relentless means "that cannot or does not relent or give way to appeals or pity; mercilessly hard or harsh: immovably stern or persistent".

Somehow I don't think being relentless prevents the use of ranged weapons...

I do like the idea of a ferocious bonding squad. Say that has the Relentless Assault ability itself.

Think about it, Khosumet, who is relentless in base with 3 of those wolves. Maybe the bonding could only be for a wolf champion as well.

I like the idea. HELL, they could be Dire Wolves, large two based critters. Maybe not with bonding, but with carry!

Evil...

Adam

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old May 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
**AHEM***

from the dictionary relentless means "that cannot or does not relent or give way to appeals or pity; mercilessly hard or harsh: immovably stern or persistent".

Somehow I don't think being relentless prevents the use of ranged weapons...
I never said it prevents it, just that its not what immediately springs to mind when I think of a ranged unit. Labelling something as relentless generally gives the impression that they are out of control to a certain degree, which doesn't work well with ranged weaponry. In any case, I really don't think Khosumet's bodyguards should be ranged, simply because it doesn't change his situation. If he boosts a ranged unit, he'll still end up standing in the back with clean hands. If people want Khosumet to dive in and make his mark, he needs a melee squad supporting him to dive in along side him.
Old May 11th, 2007, 02:47 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Weird...I had thought the same thing and was planning on making custom pouncing wolves this summer along with a set of wolves that act as guards for the Darklord.

Old May 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM

riledguy has disabled reputation
Add 25 points to his cost and give him "wolf bonding" after your turn you may move and attack with up to 3 wolves.

Surely some folks out there have found a way to make him useful.

I agree that he is a waste of a cool sculpt.
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
Weird...I had thought the same thing and was planning on making custom pouncing wolves this summer along with a set of wolves that act as guards for the Darklord.
I've already made a bonding guard squad for him, and a ranged squad of Unleashing wolves, which would make for a fun Darklord army, IMO.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:28 PM

fejkl Woo who?
If he's your only wolf owned right now, I think 30 pts. would be a fair cost for him.

I've toyed with using Khosumet and Krug for Ornak's Flag of Fury Aura. Move Khosumet first, getting a 3 or 4-dice attack in. Then move Krug up next to Khosumet and get your extra attack twice. Actually, this combo works well if you have the Arrow Gruts, as well. Put 1 on Ornak, then 2 & 3 on the Gruts, fully utilizing Krug's potential. This could work well after your opponent's forces have been thinned by your Blade Gruts.

How's this?

Khosumet 75 pts.
Krug 120 pts.
Ornak 100 pts.
2 x Arrow Gruts 80 pts.
1 x Swog 25 pts.
2 x Blade Gruts 80 pts.
Marcu 20 pts.

500 points
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
I've had multiple success stories with using Khosumet with Mittens and Venocs as well as Armoc Vipers. The catch? I actually don't take turns with Khosumet (unless I feel I absolutely need to), and instead use Theracus as a mount of Khosumet.

With Mittens on the field, Theracus has a base move of 9, which essentially means that I can move Khosumet between 9-11 spaces ahead, and makes it much easier for me to position him adjacent to the fast moving Venocs and Armocs. Meanwhile, I use the Armocs bonding to constantly move Mittens up along with my army, with Mittens being a more formidable figure that the opponent will usually focus more on.
Old July 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM

fejkl Woo who?
That's another good idea for using Khosumet. You may even be able to get a 4-dice attack in with Theracus, too, since he's so fast.
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:49 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
What about the new wolves in thormun's journal? Maybe they do something to help out the darklord

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:03 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
I still think some wolves will come out with bonding like the Armocs came out to work with the Venoc Warlord, while the Venoc Warlord boosts the D20 roll of the venocs.
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Mystyc has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
I still think some wolves will come out with bonding like the Armocs came out to work with the Venoc Warlord, while the Venoc Warlord boosts the D20 roll of the venocs.
I always like this tension in the Viper units. I think this would be a great way to bring Khosumet back into the fold.

Some scattered customs: Corona, Deathwalker 10000
Old August 10th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
In defense of the Darklord...

The Unleashed Fury enhancement is more powerful than it seems. If you roll a 1, you don't have to kill one of your wolves. If you roll a 1, 6, 11, or 15, you get to add 1 more die to the attack of your wolves than you would without the Darklord. If you roll a 19 you get to add 4 more dice to your wolves attack than you would without the Darklord. In short, Unleashed Fury has a 25% chance of boosting your wolves on each roll for Unleashed Fury. This D20 enhancement has a much greater chance of boosting Anubian Wolves than the Venoc Warlord's Frenzy Enhancement boosting Aubrien Archers frenzy or Su-Bak-Na's Hive Supremacy boosting Ne-Gok-Sa's Mind Shackle(5% in both cases). Khosumet's regular stats are poor but he is also much cheaper than analogous figures such as Venoc Warlord or Su-Bak-Na.

I do understand the reasoning behind the idea that it is better to draft another squad of Anubian Wolves instead of Khosumet the Darklord but I have a different view. First of all, many of us don't have large numbers of every common squad. I have two sets of Anubian Wolves so, by necessity, I will choose Khosumet over a third squad of Wolves. Secondly, Khosumet boosts the Anubian Wolves that are actually in battle and who are attempting to do damage to the enemy. If you draft another squad of Anubian Wolves over Khosumet, you are working under the assumption that the first squads will get killed off and that you will need the last to put you over the edge. I can only back this opinion up with gut-feeling rather than mathematical reasoning but I would rather have my first squads do more damage and survive longer by killing more of the enemy faster and by not destroying themselves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units