Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 22nd, 2018, 12:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: New 52 And DC Rebirth Workshop

I'd kinda do both - key Jon into Spoiled Sidekicks, then maintain the class/personality combo on a Damian II that does the Titan leadership thing.

Jon looks cool, though. Might need a tweak on the power level of the explosion, but it's a cool mechanic.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 01:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

funny this should come up now. Earlier I was just talking about a Damian II Titan leader card in the sanctum. My thought was that a Damian with an X power would work well as a second Titan leader that doesn't play well with Nightwing.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 12:20 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Alright, this here is 200% brainstorm so don't hesitate to tell me if you hate it.

SUPER-MAN
KENAN KONG

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
UNPREPARED

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5

MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 4

250 POINTS

EIGHT TRIGRAMS

Start the game with 8 white Trigram Markers on this card. Whenever Super-Man or a friendly figure within clear sight of Super-Man receives one or more wounds, remove a Trigram Marker from this card. Instead of moving or instead of attacking with Super-Man, you may place a Trigram Marker on this card, to a maximum of 8.

TAO TE
If Super-Man has at least:
- 2 Trigram Markers on his card, add 3 to his Attack number and he has the Super Strength special power.
- 4 Trigram Markers on his card, add 3 to his Defense number.
- 6 Trigram Markers on his card, add 3 to his Move number.
- 8 Trigram Markers on his card, add 3 to his Range number and he has the Flying special power.

MAGICAL PROTECTION
Opponents' figures with the Magical Defense special power cannot target Super-Man with a special power or special attack.

-----

Kenan has a weird power set. He has all the powers of Superman, but they're filtered through the lens of Taoism - he's a human manifestation of the balance between yin and yang. As such, all of Super-Man's powers are filtered through the eight trigrams. Confusingly, these trigrams are ordered 0-7, not 1-8. In his series, he learns to master them pretty much one by one, and when he's thrown off focus, he has to meditate a bit to recenter himself.

Trigram 0 = Stomach = Invulnerability
Trigram 1 = Hands = Super Strength
Trigram 2 = Ears = Super Hearing
Trigram 3 = Thighs = X-Ray Vision
Trigram 4 = Feet = Super Speed
Trigram 5 = Eyes = Heat Vision
Trigram 6 = Mouth = Super Breath
Trigram 7 = Head = Flight

So, the markers on the card are my best approximation of those powers. I went two-by-two and kept them to almost purely stats, but if we wanted to play around, we could drop Magical Protection (which is something he has, but doesn't always come into play) and give all eight a unique boost.
What if the marker loss is keyed to a dice roll? As he progressed Kenan got better at not losing his powers so easily, so maybe he could start with half the markers, but you add to the dice roll per marker? Just a thought, as clear sight leaves him pretty open to lose a lot of markers fast, especially against teams with multiple attacks. I like the idea of a unique power per marker, but that would probably overcomplicate the design.

Even still, I love this design and would play this Kenan a lot. But I do really like his character.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 07:44 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I like the idea of a unique power per marker, but that would probably overcomplicate the design.
Oh, I don't know, I think that could work and potentially make for an even more interesting card:

SUPER-MAN
KENAN KONG

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
CHAMPION
UNPREPARED

MEDIUM 5

LIFE 5

MOVE 5
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 4

250 POINTS

EIGHT TRIGRAMS

At the start of the game, choose up to 4 Trigram Markers and place them on this card. Whenever Super-Man or a friendly figure within clear sight of him receives one or more wounds, you must roll the twenty-sided die, add one to your roll for each Trigram Marker on this card. On a roll of 16 or less, you must remove a Trigram Marker from this card. Instead of moving or instead of attacking with Super-Man, you may place a Trigram Marker on this card, to a maximum of 8.

TAO TE
If the one of the following Trigram Markers is on this card, Super-Man gains the appropriate special power:
  • Stomach: add 3 to Super-Man's defence and, when defending against a normal attack, all blanks rolled count as shields;
  • Hands: Super-Man gains the Super Strength special power and rolls 3 additional dice when attacking an adjacent figure;
  • Ears: immediately after an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may move one of your Order Markers to this card;
  • Thighs: before moving, if Super-Man is not engaged, you may look at the power side of any one Glyph that is Symbol Side up;
  • Feet: add 3 to Super-Man's move;
  • Eyes: add 3 to Super-Man's range;
  • Mouth: instead of attacking with Super-Man, you may place any figures adjacent to him on any empty space within 3 spaces of their initial placement. Figures moved in this way never take leaving engagement attacks;
  • Head: Super-Man gains the Flying special power.
MAGICAL PROTECTION
Opponents' figures with the Magical Defense special power cannot target Super-Man with a special power or special attack.

-----

If you keep all the powers simple, it could work (though I might suggest going back to the simpler Eight Trigrams power). Mouth/Super Breath seems to be the only place where that's difficult to do, to me at least - wouldn't surprise me if someone else came up with something more elegant.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; September 23rd, 2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:23 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

One wonders what the heck a “thigh” marker will look like.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:27 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Probably something like this:

~Lazy Orang, who felt a bit weird doing a 'male thigh' image search.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:30 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Methinks that will translate awkwardly to a little marker ....

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:44 AM
Hard as ice

This might be helpful, of course it'd need explanation of which marker was which if we went for these symbols (you could maybe put a diagram in a spoiler tag, after all, we gave Doctor Manhattan a round tracker):

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 23rd, 2018, 09:01 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I pictured the Markers being the Trigrams mainly with possibly the title. Or we could do something really unique and instead of saying thigh on the card we can add the trigram on the card as the title.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 09:05 AM

Or, just throwing it out there ....

Old September 23rd, 2018, 09:53 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I pictured the Markers being the Trigrams mainly with possibly the title.
That works really well.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 23rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the important thing is to maintain the order of the trigrams. Kenan had to master them in order and the culmination of him getting flight was a big moment. Him being able to cherry-pick powers just seems anti-thematic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy