Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2015, 01:37 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I started with Captain America: The First Avenger last week, and did Iron Man this week. They're both still as much fun as the first time I saw them!

Next week, The Incredible Hulk.
I want to watch CA:TFA again now that Agent Carter has aired. I think it will be interesting to watch and focus on Peggy now that we have a better perspective of her character.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 01:42 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Just watched Whiplash. It is an excellent human drama, highlighting the cost that it takes to become great in a competitive industry. Insanely good performances by both Miles Teller and J.K. Simmons.

Also watched Draft Day last night. If you like football, you will (or at least should) love it, though if you're watching it with a football novice, you will have to explain most of the concepts that they're talking about (which is what I had to do for my dad ). It's similar to Moneyball, but more focused on a single event. If only it were a true story...
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:51 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I started with Captain America: The First Avenger last week, and did Iron Man this week. They're both still as much fun as the first time I saw them!

Next week, The Incredible Hulk.
I want to watch CA:TFA again now that Agent Carter has aired. I think it will be interesting to watch and focus on Peggy now that we have a better perspective of her character.
I LOVED Agent Carter, so good! However, the first Cap movie highlights a somewhat curious problem with the whole premise of the series...

Before Peggy even meets Captain America, she is already a high ranking military official. What on earth happened to cause her to fall so low in prestige and rank between the end of the war and the beginning of the series? Her involvement with the Super Soldier program, and her connections with General Gruff Mc Grufferton should have been more than enough to keep her involved.

She wasn't some factory worker being asked to give up her job of a few years, she was already a highly trained military liaison for a long time. It just struck me as strange is all.

Old March 4th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Fury.

Good, very good.

Logan Lerman is excellent.

I just felt like they tried a little too hard to make the viewer feel bad.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 8th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Fury.

Good, very good.

Logan Lerman is excellent.

I just felt like they tried a little too hard to make the viewer feel bad.

Well I just got done watching The Longest Day and by contrast, I didn't feel bad at all during the movie.

I've read a good bit of military books, both fiction and non-fiction. The last series I read was D-Day with the Screaming Eagles, Hell's Highway and The Battered Bastards of Bastogne. This series was about the exploits of the 101st Airborne from D-Day, Holland and Bastogne, with firsthand accounts from over 500 soldiers that were there. There was a lot of ugly things that happened in real life experiences of these soldiers. Bloody, shooting surrendering Germans, finding tortured U.S. prisoners, using frozen German soldiers as benches to sit on or as protection. The list goes on and on.

What Fury did (for me anyway), aside from the graphic nature that was also used in Saving Private Ryan, was to show another ugly side. Not all soldiers were happy go lucky good guy types. Fury kind of gave us what some Vietnam movies did where it showed that our soldiers weren't always good people, or at least if they started out as good people, they were changed by some horrific events they were exposed to over and over.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 8th, 2015, 04:31 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

No arguments there. I think Fury did use a great technique to make me feel bad instead of using some of the situations you mentioned.
I guess this just comes down to my own preference in movies of this type. I am in it more for the action and the setting and cinematography.
If I want to feel bad I can read a book or watch a documentary.
Since no one is going to tailor their movies to my liking I guess I will have to endure.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 8th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just watched Maleficent and really liked it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 8th, 2015, 05:51 PM

VANish(2015)

Super impressed. Great movie on a small budget.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 15th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Watched Big Hero Six tonight. That was a fun movie. We're buying that one for sure. And best Stan Lee cameo ever.
Old March 15th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Watched Big Hero Six tonight. That was a fun movie. We're buying that one for sure. And best Stan Lee cameo ever.
Big Hero 6 is excellent, and I agree about the Stan Lee cameo.
Old March 15th, 2015, 07:52 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

My wife should be on this thread. She on average is watching 1 or 2 movies every night that her favorite TV shows aren't on. Friday she go time to watch "Saint Vincent," with her with Bill Murray. We were *not* impressed. It's a cute movie about a plausible real life situation, with a few laughable and sad moments, but nothing worth blogging about. The bottom line (moral of the story) is that you shouldn't judge a book (or your neighbor) by its cover (or their gruff exterior).

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old March 15th, 2015, 08:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Finally saw Lucy last night. It was not the kick ass action movie I thought it would be. It had moments, but it was mostly more about a sci-fi speculation than anything with a real plot. It was interesting, for sure, but not really what I was expecting going in.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies