Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 11th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Some Things Don't Change...

I frequented these boards heavily as a teenager, 'Scaped every night/weekend I could with friends, pretty much lived and breathed HS as a 17 year old. I have to say, it's incredible to come back and see so many names I recognize, like...so many.

I rarely use facebook anymore, but while scrolling the other night I stumbled across a Heroscape group (I know some of you are also in there, hello.) and was absolutely amazed by the number of custom builds and epic-sized battles people were posting. To see there's still a quality community around this game that was such a big part of some of some of my most formidable years, I don't know if it's nostalgia I'm feeling or what, but it makes me so happy.

And THEN to come here and look around, it seems like no one skipped a beat. I can only imagine what I've missed over the years, but I was so happy to see the landing page looking exactly how I remembered it. I turned 30 this year, which means it's definitely been over a decade since my last game of 'scape. I stopped playing so much when I went to college, and then life just kept happening (which apparently is a constant thing?), so I watched from afar as WotC did what they did and the golden age of Heroscape seemed to dwindle. Through all of my moves, I never once thought about getting rid of my collection. (Even when my girlfriends suggested it.)

I want nothing more than to pull out my bins full of terrain, figures, and custom creations purchased from or inspired by members of this community. I know I missed a few releases towards the end so the collector in me is kicking himself, but those little pieces of plastic have brought me so much joy.

I apologize if this post is out of place, or completely about myself, but the point was to say: WOW, you guys. I love that this community still exists, and has continued to grow and blossom into new things. I love that the game is still alive and well because of players like you. And, I love that I had the semblance of mind to take extra care in storing my collection so it's safely waiting for me.

Hello, old friends

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old December 11th, 2020, 06:12 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Some Things Don't Change...

One of the best things as well, IMO, is that the game system can and will outlive the physical product. Custom terrain, figures, and cards can keep the game going long after anything officially produced beyond text crumbles to dust.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 11th, 2020, 09:31 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Touching post - thanks Chillidog. I sure hope we stay together as a community for many years to come. Great game and great people.
Old December 11th, 2020, 09:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

An O' Sixer. Nice.
Welcome back.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion