Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old November 20th, 2020, 12:17 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Draft Recap

I streamed the game on twitch so it'll be visible for a bit. (Although it does look like maybe I can transfer it over to youtube) I'm still working out all of my glitches and my setup so I do apologize for that. Hopefully it'll be better for future videos since I think I'm going to do this as long as I get my opponent's permission beforehand.

Going into this draft when I got the opening pick, I knew Raelin was the right opening choice as everything in our pools liked to work with her. I wasn't sure what Chris would respond with since there felt like a lot of draft and counter draft options. Given that it was control points, I felt Cal would allow someone to have a real good shot at an easy first round point. But also there was so little range in the pool. This made Warriors of Ashra a really tempting option. Mobility was also going to be key which meant PKs and rats were also potentially very valuable options.

Chris took dwarves x2 which was a solid pick since 4 figures at 6 move is nothing to scoff at. At this point I felt rats took up fewer points and allowed me more spaces plus Rats + Raelin is always nasty. But I definitely kept an eye on those Ashra. Part of me hoped Chris would take Repulsors as they very much felt like a trap here. Because then I would have just taken PKs and gone to town. But he instead went with Brunak and X17. His setup very much made it look like he was going to go for the center spot with those two.

The big Brunak counter was taken previously with dwarves. Chris had 150 left which looked perfect for 2 squads of PKs and filler. I thought there was a chance he grabbed Ashra since I wouldn't have any good ways to take out all of them. All told I figured this was my chance to claim the squad I wanted. And I wanted Ashra. Brunak having to be the best tech against both Ashra and rats would mean he would probably struggle to do so since he could only be in one place and Blood Hungry would need to be especially hot. So I went with Cal (who also allowed me to hit X17 if need be) and a squad of Ashra. He went PKs x2 as expected.

At this point I was debating between Hoplitrons and Executioner (which I discarded somewhat because of dwarves being such a good counter that it probably wouldn't be worth it) and Ashra and good heroes. Unfortunately I could only take 2 heroes if I took Ashra. I contemplated NGS and Crixus but their tool set wasn't really that great for this matchup. Avernus had a really good chance of screwing up my defensive pod plus he had dwarves. Everything else meant I would have to drop a hero or play short. So I decided to hate draft Isamu and sit him and a squad of Ashra. It probably wouldn't mean much to force him to take Bol but I'd rather not lose the game to Isamu shenanigans.

After he took Bol I figured TheraShuttle © + Kreeloy Jenkins/Mogrimm was my best bet allowing me to use Theracus to shuttle Raelin, my hero or one of the squaddies as the game needs dictated. I then shuffled back and forth on Kreeloy or Mogrimm. Kreeloy had Cleave and a ranged attack which could be super helpful plus could be an absolute tank no matter where he sat. I ran some math though and found that Mogrimm would last through more attacks as long as Brunak never attacked him. Being able to get +3 to initiative as needed would be super useful here. Given that Ashra and rats were likely to be clogging down people Commander's Strike while being less likely was likely to give me a lot more of my needed flexibility so I went with him to finish off the draft.

Early game he led PKs and I led Raelin (parking her on the hill) and rats. I was able to claim a control point at the end of the first round due to having more board flexibility with rats than he did with PKS. 1-0

I then brought up some Ashra after that (killing a PK) while Brunak and X17 set up a roadblock. Brunak killed two rats and X17 stopped a third in its tracks. I moved rats to protect the control points (I should have placed one on the control point so Chris didn't move onto it and kill the rat; he didn't do either so this worked out). He was still able to get one. 1-1

Cal was able to teleport onto the hill and I left him up there as a distraction and it worked with Chris coming up to try and kill him and Raelin with PKs. They then went to the far end of the board to attack the rat on the other control point allowing me to reclaim this one with rats on my 3rd OM (I placed OM 3 on rats a lot more than I ever have in my life this game). 2-1

The next round the PKs moved to attack some Ashra and then the TheraShuttle and Mogrimm in my start zone allowing me to fortify one of my control points and set up my Ashra so that no matter what Brunak did he would have to give me a second control point. Had the Ashra survived his attack I would've YOLO disengaged and gone for the win right there. 4-1

At this point he needed everything to go right for him. I moved Raelin to fortify the my one control point which now meant to get height on the rat you had to either go through all of Raelin's life or get through a 5 defense Ashra. To get adjacent required you to go through water. I had my rats flitting around the board to cover all the needed spots and I actually almost gave it back to him by moving a rat to block off the water spot. I should have waited until the dwarf moved there on OM 2 and then moved the rat in front on my 3rd OM rather than my 2nd. If I do that he can't engage my rat on the control point except by hacking through the Raelin Ashra set up. As it was though, the rat defended with 7 dice and Chris conceded since he had no way to get that control point with his last OM.

~Dysole, who enjoyed this game a lot

Last edited by Dysole; November 20th, 2020 at 02:40 AM.
Old November 21st, 2020, 11:19 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Round 3

Round 3 is Hot Draft on Dance of the Dryads.

The dysole (2-0) v. arrow grut (2-0) draft pool is:
* Avernus, Beorn Boltcutter, Bol, Cal the Smuggler, Executioner 616, Major X17, Axegrinders of Burning Forgex2, Hoplitronx3, Omnicron Repulsorsx2, Warriors of Ashrax2

* Taelord the Kyrie Warrior, Knights of Blackgaardx6
arrow grut chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The kevindola (2-0) v. agentward (2-0) draft pool is:
* Finn the Viking Champion, Ne-Gok-Sa, Wo-Sa-Ga, Air Elementalx2, Darkprowl Thrall, Death Knights of Valkrillx2, Dumutef Guardx2, Knights of Weston, Marrden Nagrubs, Roman Legionnaires, Skull Demon, Venoc Vipersx2, Water Elemental

* Bahadur, Manauvi, Sentinels of Grax, Varkaanan Greyspears, Varkaanan Quickblades, Varkaanan Swiftfangs, Z'thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Frost Giant of Morh
agentward chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The vydar is the man (2-0) v. wargamingaddict87 (1-1) draft pool is:
* Arthur of Sherwood, Bol, Darrak Ambershard, Elaria the Pale, Millerson, Quorik Warwitch, Axegrinders of Burning Forgex2, Beakface Sneaksx5, Clawfoot Interceptor, Nottingham Brigandx4

* Bol, Isamu, Major J15, Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Death Chasers of Theskx3, Fen Hydrax2, Hoplitronx3, Sahuagin Raiderx4, Swog Riderx3
wargamingaddict87 chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The vegies dad (1-1) v. heroscaper guy (1-1) draft pool is:
* Kon-Tar-Na, Su-Bak-Na, Havech Eradicatorsx2, Marrden Nagrubsx4, Marro Dividersx3, Marro Stingersx2

* Guilty McCreech, Kursus, Me-Burq-Sa, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Ne-Gok-Sa, Pel the Hill Giant, Valguard, Dreadgul Raidersx3, Roman Legionnairesx3
vegies dad chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The shiftrex (1-1) v. moonknight (1-1) draft pool is:
* Bol, Concan the Kyrie Warrior, Heirloom, Otonashi, Sudema, Crypt Guardianx2, Phantom Knightsx3, Zombies of Morindanx4

* Marcus Decimus Gallus, Motley Max, 12th Caucus Riflesx2, Cathar Spearmenx3, Warforged Soldiersx4
moonknight chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The superfrog (1-1) v. dompredator77 (1-1) draft pool is:
* Arthur of Sherwood, Bol, Cormin the Dark, Darrak Ambershard, Elaria the Pale, Kha, Locksley, Millerson, Nottingham Brigandx9

* Ashi-Dhulu, Augamo, Avernus, Boreos, Breach, Cal the Smuggler, Talingul, 10th Regiment of Foot
dompredator77 chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The chris perkins (1-1) v. knight of scape (1-1) draft pool is:
* Brunak, Crixus, Isamu, Marcu Esenwein, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Tandros Kreel, Theracus, Deathreaversx2, Phantom Knightsx2

* Acolarh, Arkmer, Chardris, Emirroon, Haduc, Jorhdawn, Kyntela Gwyn, Ulginesh, Warriors of Ashrax4
chris perkins chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The vegietarian18 (1-1) v. dok (0-2) draft pool is:
* Akumaken, Beorn Boltcutter, Major J15, Prince al'Kahora, Quorik Warwitch, Axegrinders of Burning Forgex2, Beakface Sneaksx4, M-43 Resistance Fightersx3

* Asterios, Major J15, Hoplitronx3, Xualtica Fire Antsx4, Zombie Hulkx2, Zombies of Morindanx4
vegietarian18 chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

The mtl1998 (0-2) v. sir heroscape (0-2) draft pool is:
* Bol, Himmelskralle, Kaemon Awa, Otonashi, Sgt. Drake Alexander[SotM], Aubrien Archersx3, Venoc Vipersx6

* Breach, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Himmelskralle, Isamu, Motley Max, 12th Caucus Riflesx4, Microcorp Troopersx3
mtl1998 chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.

flounderd has a bye.

Remember for this round you will take turns placing figures anywhere on the map according to the rules in the OP. The diceoff loser will decide who wins opening initiative after all armies have been placed and before Order Markers are placed.

~Dysole, wishing you all good luck

Last edited by Dysole; November 22nd, 2020 at 12:49 PM. Reason: There was some rules clarifications thrown back and forth due to internal discussion. This is the correct version.
Old November 22nd, 2020, 12:51 PM

Clarification

There was some internal discussion regarding this format last night leading to several listed changes showing at various times. If you viewed the thread last night or this morning, please check everything again as the current version is the correct one. Apologies for any confusion.

~Dysole, working to make sure we don't repeat this in the future
Old November 22nd, 2020, 01:16 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
There was some internal discussion regarding this format last night leading to several listed changes showing at various times. If you viewed the thread last night or this morning, please check everything again as the current version is the correct one. Apologies for any confusion.

~Dysole, working to make sure we don't repeat this in the future
To be clear, the format is currently the same as it was when everyone signed up. We had some discussions about whether there was an issue with the format, made a subtle change, and then after further discussion decided it was unnecessary and reverted the change.
Old November 23rd, 2020, 02:40 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Round 3

Quote:
The chris perkins (1-1) v. knight of scape (1-1) draft pool is:
* Brunak, Crixus, Isamu, Marcu Esenwein, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Tandros Kreel, Theracus, Deathreaversx2, Phantom Knightsx2

* Acolarh, Arkmer, Chardris, Emirroon, Haduc, Jorhdawn, Kyntela Gwyn, Ulginesh, Warriors of Ashrax4
chris perkins chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.
Playing tonight @ 6 pm EST.

Draft is in progress; it will be in a table on the game google doc.
Old November 24th, 2020, 09:18 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
The vegietarian18 (1-1) v. dok (0-2) draft pool is:
* Akumaken, Beorn Boltcutter, Major J15, Prince al'Kahora, Quorik Warwitch, Axegrinders of Burning Forgex2, Beakface Sneaksx4, M-43 Resistance Fightersx3

* Asterios, Major J15, Hoplitronx3, Xualtica Fire Antsx4, Zombie Hulkx2, Zombies of Morindanx4
vegietarian18 chooses to pick first or second from the combined draft pool.
Code:
vegie		dok

Asterios
		J15
		Zombies
Axegrinders x2
		Zombies x2
Quorik
Beorn
		Zombies
		Hoplitron
Prince Al
		Hoplitron x2
		Zombie Hulk
Starting in about an hour.

Last edited by Dysole; November 25th, 2020 at 01:22 AM.
Old November 25th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Heroscape Season 38 - Multi Format Draft R2 til 1

dok beat me in our Heat of the Battle game last night. It was a zombie apocalypse.

I opened the draft by selecting Asterios, thinking that he's solid enough against Dwarves and good against everything else in the pool. dok responded by taking J15 and a squad of Zombies. I took Dwarves as a J15 counter, planning Asterios as a Zombie counter. Both of us kind of left the lane wide open for the other to get the picks they wanted; I had Beorn who could sabotage Soulborgs, and dok got all the Zombies and Hoplitrons. My big mistake was placement; I tried to place close to J15 but with auto-init dok was able to flood Zombies through J15 and deny my path to him. I started out with good kills against Zombies, but eventually the tide turned and I was quickly overwhelmed, losing all my Dwarves and Zombies getting back up to 12 members with only the Hulk and a couple of Hoplitrons dead. From there the game got a little silly as I was just making desperate plays to win. Quorik Warwitch and Asterios were both great against the remaining Zombies, but not great against J15, but they needed to kill J15 to win. Asterios desperately charged J15, making his way to Kelda but not getting anything else. Warwitch tried 5v5s on J15 but just couldn't find damage, but dok couldn't put too many Order Markers on J15 since he was low health and would get 100% of my focus. Eventually she died to the once per round fired Guided Cannon range attack and that was it. Good game.
Old November 27th, 2020, 09:55 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Online Heroscape Season 38 - Multi Format Draft R2 til 1

Code:
Vydar itm			wga87

Quorik Warwitch
				Major J15
				Hoplitron
Axegrinders of Burning Forge
Axegrinders of Burning Forge
				Death Chasers of Thesk
				Death Chasers of Thesk
Darrak Ambershard
Isamu
				Death Chasers of Thesk
				Me-Burq-Sa
Beakface Sneaks
Beakface Sneaks
				Hoplitron
				Hoplitron
Fen Hydra
				Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
				Sahuagin Raider
				Bol
We're set to play in a few minutes at 10:00e.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 27th, 2020, 02:33 PM

Game On

Myself and Arrow Grut are getting underway at roughly 3:30 Pacific. I will be streaming once again over here and will probably start the stream a little bit early to kinda talk through some things. If you miss it I think I'm going to start migrating videos over to YouTube a day or two after the stream since Twitch is only going to let me keep the videos for a short time so keep your eyes peeled for that. How the draft played out after Arrow Grut deferred first pick.

Code:
Dysole			        Arrow Grut

Ashra
				Avernus
				Dwarves
Dwarves
Ashra
				Major X17
				Beorn Boltcutter
Cal
Hoplitron
				Executioner 616
				Bol
Repulsors
Taelord
~Dysole, 3rd straight game with Cal the Smuggler, also she has taken at least one figure from her opponent's pool each game and now everything in her pool has been taken at least once
Old November 30th, 2020, 04:28 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Heroscape Season 38 - Multi Format Draft R3 til 1

AgentWard and I are playing tomorrow at 12pm central. AW has requested we draft at game time.
Old November 30th, 2020, 05:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

mtl and I finished up this last weekend. It went pretty quick. Basically this is how it went down.
Code:
Mtl				Sir H

Vipers (40)	
                                Max (135)	
                                Himmel (235)	
Drake (210)
Kaemon (330)	
                                Breach (380)
                                12th (440)
Micro (410)		
Micro (490)	
				12th (500)
Isamu (500)
R1T1 -
Himmel kills 1 Venoc and 2 Troopers
Troopers kill a 12th

R1T2 -
Max drops into shadow (next to lava) and dunks a Trooper in lava
Troopers keep shooting 12th and try and ping Himmel and Breach

R1T3 -
Breach smacks Drake, who wiffs and takes 4 wounds
Troopers ping Breach for a wound, miss on Himmel and kill a 12th

Lava. I take no damage, Mtl loses 3 Troopers to the lava burn.

R2T1 -
Awa does 2 wounds to Himmel
Breach disengages from Drake, rolls 6/6 skulls up on Awa who dies with all 3 (only losing 2 of them) OM's on him.

Mtl concedes with a 2life drake, 2 troopers, 2 venocs and Isamu but no turns for the rest of the round.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 1st, 2020, 03:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Finished my Round 3 game with Agent Ward. It was a thinker. Our live draft took about 30 minutes between all the army construction, placement decisions, and counter drafts that went on.

Spoiler Alert!

I got opening auto-initiative and Went all Varks. My opening volley killed 2 knights and put 3 hits on Finn, but I had 6 heightened attacks against the Grax that were all blocked. I did kill one of the vipers. Meanwhile AW used his Knights in Round 1 that killed 2 Varks, and Z'Thoth got 2 Order Markers and Madness forced a Vark to die to disengage and another to jump into lava.

Lava against AW: 0/2

Matchup:
7 Varks, 4 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS
vs.
2 KoW, 2 Snakes, 2 DKs, Both Grax, Z'Thoth

Round 2
I won the opening initiative but missed another 4 heightened attacks against the Grax (10 attacks of 4v6 all blocked.....) I move my attacks against ZT but they are also blocked.
Spoiler Alert!

In my last Vark OM I get another 4 attacks off and manage 1 wound to Z'Thoth. So in my last 18 attacks I have done 2 wounds. Ok last time I will mention it, promise

Meanwhile the Grax kill 1 wolf (they were tied down so couldn't move) and Z'Thoth uses his skillz to kill another 2 wolves.

Lava on AW: 0/2 (0/4 total)
Lava on kd: 0/1

Matchup:
4 Varks, 4 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS
vs.
2 KoW, 2 Snakes, 2 DKs, Both Grax, Z'Thoth (5 life)

Round 3
I thought I had a big edge going into this game, but I have now lost a lost of Varks without doing much on his big players. I win intiative and manage to kill one of the Grax and peg a 2nd wound on ZT. The double disengage ZT maneuver kills another wolf. Really excellent placement from AgentWard led to me constantly having to engage the living knights (who kept surviving lava), to get attacks on ZT. He would then madness force disengagement for the kill.

I switch to the Romans because I have no idea how many Wolves would be left. I manage to kill another viper, while ZT takes out a Roman

Lava on AW: 3/3 kills DK, KoW, 1w ZT (3/7 overall)
Lava on kd: 1/1 Quickblade (1/2 overall)

Matchup:
2 Varks, 3 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS
vs.
1 KoW, 1 Snakes, 1 DKs, Single Grax, Z'Thoth (3 life)

Round 4
I win another initiative and Romans kill the last Sentinel. AW has a clever OM on Knights though to get fantastic board position relative to Z'Thoth. I manage to get Z'Thoth down to 1 life when a 2 life ZT threw 2 shields against 3 skulls. Tense. ZT goes bonkers now. Forces NGS to go to a triple disengage (2 hits) and then smacks the Warlord for 2 more wounds (1 life). I have an empty movement order marker on the deathknights (thinking ZT would have been closer), but NGS survives a forced disengage! to live and ZT kills a Roman. Big moment here. Arguably ZT leaves NGS there and takes a 6v7 whack instead? Not sure

Lava on AW: 0/1 against the 1 life ZT!!!! so big (3/8 overall)
Lava on kd: 1/1 kills Roman (2/3 overall)

Matchup:
1 Vark, 2 Romans, 2 DKs, NGS (1 life)
vs.
1 KoW, 1 Snakes, 1 DKs, Z'Thoth (1 life)

Round 5
And now the game turns into the Kelda show!

Both heroes are 2 order markers away. Agent Ward FINALLY wins an initiative. Those knights turn up huge again (KoW x1, Finn so underrated). Does he go for NGS or deathknights (OMs are RL/NGS/dk x2). He decides to go for the dk and his 3v5 gets a kill, NGS blocks the 5 attack Knight. Good decision as my OM is on deathknights. But the last deathknight kills Finn (spirit to Z'Thoth). Z'Thoth can probably put the game away but misses a lava dunk on the last Vark and then misses a 6v2 on the last Roman. My deathknight goes again killing the last Knight. ZT kills the Roman on OM3 and I lose my OM3 (Romans)

No lava

Matchup:
1 Vark, 1 DK, NGS (1 life)
vs.
1 Snakes, 1 DKs, Z'Thoth (1 life)

Round 6
Now it's REALLY about Kelda. AW wins a big initiative and kills the last Wolf (lost OM for me). He then positions ZT around the tree by Kelda, thinking he's safe to pick up Kelda. Unfortunately this was probably a game losing move. He misenterpreted the map and thought the shadow space was 0 instead of even ground. This allows the deathknight on my OM2 to engage and throw 2 skulls!!! But ZT throws 2/3 on shields to block. ZT can't get Kelda on OM3 without disengaging but uses Madness to kill the DK. My OM3 is on NGS who can't reach the glyph but positions so he can.

Matchup:
NGS (1 life)
vs.

Round 7
Now it's REALLY REALLY REALLY about Kelda. Welp I get the initiative and heal up NGS. Agent Ward could have smacked down for a 6v6 on NGS and locked him down on low ground (surrounded by water), but chose to retreat and regroup. He sets up on Lava and misses a Mind Blast. NGS takes the even ground lava and misses his attacks. ZT hops off of lava, NGS does not.

Lava on kd: 1/1 (3/4 overall)

Matchup:
NGS (4 life)
vs.

Round 8

ZT and NGS slug it out with NGS taking one wound from attacks, but surviving a disengage from a pesky deathknight and surviving a lava wound (3/5 final overall lava for me), before one of my hits goes through to finish off the abyss.

Matchup: 3 life NGS vs. 1 deathknight, 1 snake

Rounds 9-10

It takes 2 rounds of fighting between NGS and the deathknight which include the deathknight surviving a lava wound (3/9 overall for AW) and NGS hopping off lava around iniatitive which could have given AW a 3v4 if he'd won the Round 10 initiative, but Finally I take down the deathknight having suffered 1 wound (2 life left)

Round 11-13
Not much to tell here. The Snake and Warlord danced around the map until AW picked the time to make his attack. It was blocked and frenzy failed and the Warlord cleaned up the viper to give me the win with a 2 life NGS.

Excellent game AgentWard.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events