Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 17th, 2008, 01:56 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Heroscape Storage (Concept Design Thread)

I know there has been threads over packaging and storage, and for new concepts that we would like WotC to impilment.

And one of those Ideas is Official Storage for Heroscape.

This thread is made to discuss ideas that we would like for WotC to consider

Other Threads such as

Hahn and Bunjee's Stanley vs. Plano smackdown

Most of the Importiant stuff is at the beginning. Both are mainly for figure storage, though they can be used for some ammount of hexes. They have their drawbacks though, Hahn's cannot hold the dragons, and Bunjee's is much bigger (and Bulkier) and might have more space than most need

Draconious' Storage Tower (Slight Upgrade)

Is a Huge wheeled behemoth, that holds a ton of stuff, mostly Terrain but figures would be fine to put in there too. This is the best idea I have seen for storage, but bulk is still an issue

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10803

Is an example of works that have been custom made to store figures, but as some of us do not have a degree in woodshop, making stuff like that is very hard to come across (beutiful wood though)

Some of the smaller threads that never had much growth

Mode of Transport

Storage?

Terrain Storage

There is also Ej's Map Making Tips which is begginning to turn into a storage debate

Each of these are some good ideas, but not exactly great ideas. Everyone is developing the little thing that works for them, if it is using the Origional MS boxes (like me), or trying to find tackle boxes or bins.

What I believe that the storage would have to impliment

-Well Designed Graphicly- Such as the covers of the Master Set Boxes, such great artwork

-Easily Expandable- To go with ever expanding collection that we each are gaining

-Well Organised- Not sure how, but it needs it

-Compact and Space Effecent- Because it is sometimes really hard to fit a bookshelf in your trunk

-Mobile- For the 'Scaper on the move

-Says Heroscape on it

-Not sure about this one but include a common squad or hero to promote buying more heroscape and storage

Any More Ideas?
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
I don't see the value and/or importance of official storage as it pertains to Heroscape and WOTC taking it over.

Did WOTC request that we have a detailed discussion about official HeroScape storage????? If so, someone of influence needs to point out to WOTC that there are considerably larger fish to fry than official storage.

I can't imagine WOTC gives two squirts about how we store our Heroscape.

Regardless, I can say this with the utmost certainty: I will not buy official storage containers for Heroscape because I have already spent in excess of $200 over the years for varying types of storage. I am certainly not inclined to spend more just because it says HeroScape on it.

To me, this is the most minor of all minor details that could possibly be discussed with regards to WOTC taking over Heroscape.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Not to dump on your idea but here are a couple of things that make this thread problematic:

Using the word Official in the title. It isn't a thread requested or started by an "official" of this forum.

Links to past conversations. You mention the previous storage threads but fail to provide links to them. If you want to get anyone Official interested in the topic you need to show them that significant discussion has occurred over time. Find the older threads and provide links in your first post.

Summarize. As you said, there is extensive conversation about storage topics, so it would be nice to have summary of the what has already been discussed, otherwise, it is just another splinter thread of a topic with threads already established.

So I'm going to change the title of your topic. Flesh out that first post, pm me, and we'll see where it goes from there.
Old February 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM

I'll get to it later, a little preocupied right now.

Thanks though.

I was hoping, not to make a thread on what we can, could use for storage, like the Plano vs. thread, but for a thread on how could the design for a heroscape storage could work, which I am not sure has been discussed before (though probably has)

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old February 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy94920
I'll get to it later, a little preocupied right now.

Thanks though.

I was hoping, not to make a thread on what we can, could use for storage, like the Plano vs. thread, but for a thread on how could the design for a heroscape storage could work, which I am not sure has been discussed before (though probably has)
Good design generally comes from looking at what people have used in place of a specific tool. Rocks can pound nails just fine, so can sticks. Put a stick in a rock and you have a tool that is much more efficient at doing a job at which the rock did pretty well.
Old February 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM

oni is surprisingly tart
I can’t see any add value to the Official HS Storage. Other than to say, Warhammer has them. I’m fine with my Tupperware.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:49 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Whoa, overreaction indeed.

But on topic, I agree that official storage isn't going to happen. On the other hand, there will probably be as many custom-made storage solutions as there are fans. Stuffing it all into a box under the bed, stacking it on the side of a dedicated game table, arranging it all in a stacking drawer system, or who knows what.

If you're talking about custom-built, I would like to see one that works like a cup dispenser at a gas station--pull the bottom cup out and another one takes its place. Probably would only work with 1- 2- and maybe 3-hex pieces, though.
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker
Wow. I just had a flashback to 1979. I wanted the Official Darth Vader Head action figure case but I had to settle for the generic Space Case.
Old February 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Whoa, overreaction indeed.

But on topic, I agree that official storage isn't going to happen. On the other hand, there will probably be as many custom-made storage solutions as there are fans. Stuffing it all into a box under the bed, stacking it on the side of a dedicated game table, arranging it all in a stacking drawer system, or who knows what.

If you're talking about custom-built, I would like to see one that works like a cup dispenser at a gas station--pull the bottom cup out and another one takes its place. Probably would only work with 1- 2- and maybe 3-hex pieces, though.
That is not that bad of an Idea, or in fact, a great one, just not sure how well it would work.

Old February 17th, 2008, 08:59 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Well, I could see problems with 1-hexes flipping over and landing in the "storage tube" at odd angles...but the 2- and 3-hex pieces would not do this due to shape (if the tubes were shaped like these pieces). And I don't know what would hold them all in at the bottom--a rubber band? a solid bottom with a slot cut into the side? Ewoks armed with hex-shooting catapults?
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Well, I could see problems with 1-hexes flipping over and landing in the "storage tube" at odd angles...but the 2- and 3-hex pieces would not do this due to shape (if the tubes were shaped like these pieces). And I don't know what would hold them all in at the bottom--a rubber band? a solid bottom with a slot cut into the side? Ewoks armed with hex-shooting catapults?
Or it could be more like the coin despensers that they have in some cars.

Just have a solid piece of plastic inside a tube with a spring holding it up

Slide in a piece to fill it up, or pull it out

Old February 17th, 2008, 10:07 PM

Ok, here is the deal. I don't really care how much I like people, don't get nasty in threads or the posts will be deleted as well as posts quoting them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion