For my first vote, I must vote Patrick!

By the way, good point, mccombju!
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:21 PM

Red_Sox_1 is surprisingly tart
Re: A_Train's Pictured Battle Reports / Predict the Victor

A_Train
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:27 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright. I haven't been here for awhile, so I have no idea what the armies are. So I'm gonna GUESS and say A_Train.
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:44 PM

0ros is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is interesting. If drake can keep the microcorp at bay for the drop, A-train will have it. But if the microcorp can get into position while Q9 keeps drake distracted it might be OK for patrick, but that sounds tricky and I'm at this point doubting patrick's skill in being able to control the field that effectivly. A lot is going to depend on the timing of the drop IMO.

Oh well, I'll vote for patrick largely based on higher power units.
Old November 30th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Patrick on this one. Woot elves!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old November 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Patrick!
Old November 30th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Alright, let's get at it.

Patrick's Army: Major Q9 (I guess he was getting desperate after back to back losses), Microcrops x2 and Marcu.

vs

A_Train's army: Zetacron, ROTV Drake, Marcus Gallus, Otonashi, Isamu and the Airborne Elite.

Pat sends some Microcorps to elevation on his first Order Marker. My first two send Drake forward, and knowing that so long as the Microcorp are elevation, Thorian speed keeps Drake safe. So he singles out a level Microcorp and slays him, Stealth Armour keeps him safe however.

And suddenly storming the lone agent doesn't seem like such a good idea. Drake takes one wound.

Zetacron shoots at the Agent, but he lives on.

The elevated Microcorps go on the offensive, putting a wound on Marcus, and destroying the Zetacron.

Drake finally manages to drop that pesky Agent.

Marcus takes more wounds from the elevated Agents.

Sgt. Drake keeps cutting through Agents, one at a time.

Isamu ties up the Agents taking shots at Marcus, and kills one in the process.

The Agent attacks Isamu, but the red ninja vanishes. He moves back in and puts a wound on the Agent, only to have it ignored by his armour.

Marcus dies before even giving any soldier boosting to the Airborne Elite due to my terrible rolling for the Drop.

Drake takes out the fourth Microcorp agents.

Marcu swoops in and catches Drake offguard putting 3 more wounds on him, bringing him to 4. Drake strikes right back and puts 4 wounds on Marcu.

Q9 finally advances and takes out my only big hitter left. I'm down to Isamu and Otonashi until the AE drop.

Make that just Isamu...

That little red ninja is persistant though, as he Vanishes ofte, and puts a wound on the Q.

And even takes out Marcu

But eventually his luck runs out, and Q9 finally catches him.

And Patrick wins.

In the final round I had considered just running with Isamu, trying to stay out of range, and just Vanish away, hoping to get another shot at dropping in the AE, but instead opted for a little offense. Isamu did good, but needed to survive one more turn. Had the AE dropped, even late game, I think that I would have had a very good chance of coming out victorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
A_Train ftw. (Interesting Soldier synergy... I wonder if we'll see the AE's attack boosted by Marcus.)
I wasn't going for interesting synergy. My original plan was to take the Romans as well, but I abandonned it once Patrick took Q9. And the lack of an AE drop made him him virtually useless to me.

Here's the next battle, we're into 2 vs 2 again.
First game:

Brian and NewGuy vs A_Train and Paul
Brian: Charos, MacDirks, Alistair MacDirk, Kaemon Awa, Isamu and Marcu
NewGuy: Cyprien, Sonya, Ne Gok Sa and Grok Riders x2

Paul: Omnicron Snipers, Zetacron, DeathReavers x1, Warden 816, Sonlen and Syvarris.
A_Train: Sujoah, 10th Regiment of Foot x2, SOTM Drake and Deathreavers x1

Get your thoughts in. Thanks for playing.

Last edited by A_Train; September 13th, 2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:56 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Goin' Brian and the New Guy.

Good luck to both teams.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:22 AM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Last game was a GG. Good stuff from both A_Train and Patrick.

Tough to call b/c I like both sets of armies.

Nonetheless, I'm voting A_Train and Paul ftw.
Old December 1st, 2008, 10:49 AM

0ros is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

A-Train and Paul,
Brian and newguy are way week on ranged, which is 10th's biggest weakness. Deathreavers will be annoying to get passed with all that melee. Should favor Paul and A-Train in the beginning heavily, and Paul and newguy won't be able to recover fully.

Last edited by 0ros; December 1st, 2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old December 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

A-Train and Paul. They have the range and the rats to tie things up in the middle.
Old December 1st, 2008, 01:42 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Go Patrick, you pulled through... with a landslide victory nonetheless! (Well... at least it looked like that...)

I'm going with Brian and NewGuy.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports