Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old February 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM

chuynn Woo who?
Line of sight blockers

Hey I asked this Question on another thread And there was no real answer, So here I'm asking it again.

Dose any one know what the rule was going to be with regard to the swamp terrain, was it to giving a fig. one extra defense dice when next to or behind the bushes ?? I hear something about this at Gen Con.

If this were true would this mean that all L.S.B.s would add a+1 to defense ?
Also I thought if it was going to be some time before we get some new official terrain, I could start to use the extra Figs. form the master sets I have as Line of sight blockers. Some of these pic. I have already posted

I know some are just repaint, but it's nice to just look at something new on the battle field

The more there are the greater the glory!!!!
Old February 2nd, 2008, 06:20 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?
I absolutely adore your frozen Mimring, it just looks so awesome.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 09:20 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Frozen Mimring is truly awesome.

Now, I assume when you mention the "swamp" terrain, you're actually referring to the Jungle set, right? I think it was 1 extra defense when standing next to a tree or shrub.

And no, not all LOS blockers give +1 defense. (unless you want to make it a house rule). I believe the idea with the jungle was that the deep brush could keep you camouflage.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:01 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart
Poor Mimring...

Alderaan shot first
Old February 2nd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archkyrie11
Poor Mimring...
Huh? I think it looks cool. He is probably one of the most modified pieces in the game. Lots of people seem to have a lot of extras.

Nice swamp plants chuynn!

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:10 AM

chuynn Woo who?
Eckels Thank you, and yes you are correct I did mean Jungle.

I also agree with you about the +1 for Camouflage. I think that we will give it a try in the group I play with now that I have made the jungle terrain.

As far as the frozen Mimring, I love the snow and ice terrain but always needed more, this was my first snow terrain I have a few more ideas I'm working on.
Quote:
Now, I assume when you mention the "swamp" terrain, you're actually referring to the Jungle set, right? I think it was 1 extra defense when standing next to a tree or shrub.

Old February 3rd, 2008, 01:33 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
We also play that you can move through a tree or jungle hex(s) (but not stop on it) for a cost of two movement. This is not offical Hasbro but it does make sense that you can cut your way throught the underbrush but not be able to fight from it or stand on it. Anyway, this house rule has worked very well for us. Used it if you'd like.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh
We also play that you can move through a tree or jungle hex(s) (but not stop on it) for a cost of two movement. This is not offical Hasbro but it does make sense that you can cut your way throught the underbrush but not be able to fight from it or stand on it. Anyway, this house rule has worked very well for us. Used it if you'd like.
This is much like the Difficult Terrain rule in WH40K. Instead of a squad able to move it's normal 6 inches, you roll 2D6 and take the higher (in inches). Definitely a good house rule to use in HS.
Old February 3rd, 2008, 02:17 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Wasn't the rule that you get +1 defense against non-adjacent attackers? Or am I just crazy? Or is it both?

I agree that the frozen Mimring is magnificent.
Old February 4th, 2008, 09:40 PM

chuynn Woo who?
Thanks for all the info guys. I think I have a clear idea of how I will play my

new Jungle Terrain, that is until the official stuff comes out.

Sorry did I say until I should say IF !!!!!!!!

Old February 6th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
My sister (who always plays Mimring) would be sad to see her love frozen and buried in snow.

I however, think its awesome.

Is that tan glacier from the upcoming Desert Terrain Pack?
Old February 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM

time scourge has disabled reputation
nice frozen Mimring and destroyed dethwalker for more terrain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles