Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 2nd, 2012, 09:53 AM

5858vince is surprisingly tart
VLP's Custom Marvel & DC & a few others

Hi everyone,

Here I am posting links to some of the Marvel characters that my son and I have made. Some are characters that I haven't found elsewhere on the forums and others are characters that I have modified a little. I will also be adding DC characters and a few others from time to time.

I welcome your feedback on the card designs as well as the characters themselves and their playability.

Hope you enjoy these.

High Evolutionary
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlkbbth1rb...olutionary.jpg

Red Shift
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7t3i4utba...ed%20Shift.jpg

Silver Surfer
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h96icons8q...r-revision.jpg

Thanos
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey7yjdflvet0xl1/Thanos.jpg

I am planning on adding Air Walker and Morg very soon.

Here is one I did just for fun because my son and I are Dr. Who fans.

Dr. Who
https://www.dropbox.com/s/32h0f2foydl007q/DoctorWho.jpg
Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: VLP's Custom Marvel & DC & a few others

If I'm being honest, I think Silver Surfer and Thanos have too many powers on their card. I know that they have a bevy of powers, but so does Superman. The real trick to making Heroscape cards (One that I feel the designers did pretty well with the original Marvelscape I might add) is that you need to be creative in the way you represent various powers on a card. For instance, Spiderman can climb walls and web swing, but the designers realized that making a power that allowed Spidey to climb walls would just be redundant if he had Web Swing. So they made WS usable in more instances to represent the fact that he could travel in more ways than one.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am glad you took a shot at the High Evolutionary. He is moderately prominent character and yet there are very few cards made for him, perhaps because he is really hard to capture.

My question is how you priced a character like him. I have a number of epic characters that are very difficult to price and I always like hearing methods/ideas. I have playtested my epic characters upwards of 10-15 time and am still making periodic tweaks.

EDIT: Was also going to add that on the HE card, it looks like your image was stretched. Either that or it was just a poor image to start with. It ultimately doesn't matter for game play, but I know that I won't use a card if it doesn't look nice. Just me being picky, but thought it would be an easy thing to change.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:17 PM

I like how you started your review "If I'm being honest", sounded like Simon Cowel on American Idol. I really appreciate your honest assessment. You are right, too many powers. I know it should be 3 and maybe 4 at the very most. I made adjustments to both cards removing some powers so the cards aren't so cluttered. Thanks for your input. What you all did with the C3G customizations is amazing.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:21 PM

The point total for HE is just an estimate based on other Event Hero's like Galacticus and Anti-Monitor and where I figured HE fit compared to them. My son and I are going to start playing testing him. I put his card up just to get some feedback even though I haven't played tested him yet.

And you are right, the picture is stretched some. It was the picture I liked the most but it didn't quit fit. I can fix that. I feel the same way, I won't use a card if I don't like how it looks. That's all part of being immersed in the game.

Thanks for your input.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 05:28 PM

High Evolutionary's Picture has been fixed.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:09 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Might I suggest that you type up your powers here as well. If I had an easy post to quote that contained powers I would be happy to make suggestions there as well. Cards are looking better, BTW! My experience of Event Heroes is that heavy tweaking usually take place once you playtest them a couple times.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I imagine there will be a lot of tweaking. Even with the other Unique Hero's I've made because I haven't play tested them yet. When I get a chance I will post the powers for each of these characters. I appreciate any advice you can give. I'm very new to this (only found out about Heroscape about a month ago).

Anyway here is Air Walker

Air Walker
https://www.dropbox.com/s/stturwbm77...r%20Walker.jpg
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:56 PM

Powers for my Hero's.

High Evolutionary
Genetic Manipulation
Range 3. Attack Special.
High Evolutionary may choose any
or all characters within 3 spaces of
High Evolutionary. Chosen characters
lose all Special Abilities for the rest
of this Round and the next Round,
this includes Super Strength and
Flying abilities.
Cosmic Destination
Instead of his normal move, High
Evolutionary may use Cosmic
Destination to move to any space, regardless of height, within 12 spaces of High Evolutionary. If High
Evolutionary uses Cosmic Destination
he may not attack this turn.
Regeneration
At the end of each round remove 2
Wound Markers from High
Evolutionary's card.
Life 25
Move 6
Range 5
Attack 8
Defense 7
Points 2200
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:01 PM

Powers for my Hero's.

Thanos
Cosmic Hand Blast
Range 5. Attack 5.
When Thanos attacks with this ability he may attack twice. He can attack 1 figure twice or 2 figures once.
Rejected Death
At start of each of your turns after Thanos has been destroyed, roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 19 or higher, immediately place Thanos on a space adjacent to any figure you control and remove all Wound Markers on Thanos' card.
Invulnerable
When Thanos is attacked with a normal attack he
gets 1 automatic shield.

Life 9
Move 5
Range 6
Attack 6
Defense 7
Points 585
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:06 PM

Powers for my Hero's.

Red Shift
Flaming Swords
Attack Special.
Red Shift may attack 2 times this turn. When he does he attacks with 5 dice each time. He may attack the same opponent twice or 2 different opponents once.
Cosmic Portal
When Red Shift is attacked by a ranged attack he may open a Cosmic Portal. If he does all the skulls rolled against him are redirected towards his opponent. His opponent must roll its defense die against the attack.
Black Hole
Red Shift may open a Black Hole on any space within 6 spaces of Red Shift. When he does all figures within 5 spaces of the Black Hole are pulled into the Black Hole. Place those figures adjacent to the Black Hole space.

Life 9
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 5
Points 485
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If it helps at all, here is my Korvac card. It has been playtested by a number of people over 10-15 games and I am pretty happy with the cost (so far...long process with epic characters). Perhaps some rough comparisons will help you narrow some more?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations