Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 14th, 2010, 08:32 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Kurrok the Elementalist

You can only roll to summon one of your previously destroyed elementals, not any of your opponent's.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old September 14th, 2010, 07:52 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yes but if you have temporary control of kurrok, then "your" would still apply at the time, so you are wrong Fenjared. Almost as confusing as the MacDirk Warriors still having a highland fury champion after he is lycanthropised to no longer be a human champion. See the FAQ or clarifiaction in the opening post as it should apply to temporary control besides Werewolf:

Quote:
Q. Kurrock the Lycanthrope:
If I draft Small/Medium Elementals along with a Werewolf Lord, and turn an opponent's Kurrok with LYCANTHROPY, may I use my turn with my opponent's Kurrok to SUMMON my own elementals?
A. (Hold on, just give me a second to reread that question) . . . YES, yes you may, as long as you have not already drafted Kurrok as a part of your army, in which case taking control of multiple uniques is never permitted.
Welcome Nepycros! See The Scaper Index in my signature and check out the introductory threads.

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 14th, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old September 14th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you have elementals in your army and take temp. control of your opponents Kurrock, you may try to revive one of your destroyed elementals but not your opponent's elemental. This has already been asked and answered.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Yes but if you have temporary control of kurrok, then "your" would still apply at the time, so you are wrong Fenjared. Almost as confusing as the MacDirk Warriors still having a highland fury champion after he is lycanthropised to no longer be a human champion. See the FAQ or clarifiaction in the opening post as it should apply to temporary control besides Werewolf:

Quote:
Q. Kurrock the Lycanthrope:
If I draft Small/Medium Elementals along with a Werewolf Lord, and turn an opponent's Kurrok with LYCANTHROPY, may I use my turn with my opponent's Kurrok to SUMMON my own elementals?
A. (Hold on, just give me a second to reread that question) . . . YES, yes you may, as long as you have not already drafted Kurrok as a part of your army, in which case taking control of multiple uniques is never permitted.
Welcome Nepycros! See The Scaper Index in my signature and check out the introductory threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
If you have elementals in your army and take temp. control of your opponents Kurrock, you may try to revive one of your destroyed elementals but not your opponent's elemental. This has already been asked and answered.
Yep. The emphasis you're missing has been bolded/underlined by me. You can only use this trick on elementals you drafted, not those your opponent drafted.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; September 15th, 2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: And the MacDirk conversation wasn't remotely confusing... for me :lol:
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:16 AM

Super Platapus is surprisingly tart

Okay, quick question, i didn't see it answered, but i have very little time so i kinda just skimmed through, can Kurrock take turns with the Granite Guardians?
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:20 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Platapus View Post
Okay, quick question, i didn't see it answered, but i have very little time so i kinda just skimmed through, can Kurrock take turns with the Granite Guardians?
No. They are not elementals they are elementars.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 12th, 2010, 04:36 AM

marv_art has disabled reputation

Is there a limit to how many times Kurrok can summon his elementals? Played a game last night and my opponent become frustrated when all that was left was his Orc Archers and my Kurrock sat back and summoned over and over, in the end I had summoned my elementals 10 times!! Finally taking the win. I figured there was no limit. He'd just like it clarified.
Old October 12th, 2010, 05:52 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

No limit. Your opponent needs to go Hobgoblin huntin'.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old October 12th, 2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv_art View Post
Is there a limit to how many times Kurrok can summon his elementals? Played a game last night and my opponent become frustrated when all that was left was his Orc Archers and my Kurrock sat back and summoned over and over, in the end I had summoned my elementals 10 times!! Finally taking the win. I figured there was no limit. He'd just like it clarified.
Well, CRC is right that there isn't a limit to how many times you can summon elementals, or even a particular elemental, except that you may not have more elementals on the board at one time than you started the game with. That clarification is a given if you read the card, but it wasn't clear to me that was understood so I wanted to mention it.

Old October 12th, 2010, 05:21 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I can't imagine how Kurrok finally won the battle.
  • He can only try to summon 1 elemental per turn, and has only 50% to succeed.
  • He can only use his 3 dice adjacent normal attack if he chooses to summon.
  • The summoned elemental can't do any damage immediatly.
  • Kurrok has only 3 def.
How did he managed to survive to multiple ranged attackers ?

Last edited by dalu; October 12th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
Quote:
I can't imagine how Kurrok finally won the battle.
  • He can only try to summon 1 elemental per turn, and has only 50% to succeed.
  • He can only use his 3 dice adjacent normal attack if he chooses to summon.
  • The summoned elemental can't do any damage immediatly.
  • Kurrok has only 3 def.
How did he managed to survive to multiple ranged attackers ?
Just guessing, but it takes a long time to whittle down Kurrok's 3 defense/5 life using three attacks of 1 - especially if you're also trying to kill 4 defense elementals as they're created. The best chance for the Arrow Grut player is to try to surround Kurrok so that he can't summon.

~Aldin, who once lost Q9 to an attack by a Rat but understands that's a bit unusual

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 12th, 2010, 11:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
The best chance for the Arrow Grut player is to try to surround Kurrok so that he can't summon.
Kurrok can place summoned elementals up to three hexes away.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units