Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 8th, 2006, 10:44 AM

Logrey has disabled reputation
BattleLore Discussion

Woot.

http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.p...me_battlelore/

Sounds like it could give Heroscape a run for its money - especially in my wallet....

A quote from the press release:
"Game play takes place on a largescale hex board filled with armies, legendary races and monstrous creatures that fight over varied terrain and landmarks to capture the enemy’s banners in a series of unique Adventures."

Hmmm... Sounds familiar...
Old September 8th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice find, Logrey! There goes more money out the door.

Newb.
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Can't wait for that to come out...
Old September 8th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Great find, indeed. However, I'm not sure this will compete too heavily with Heroscape. Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a cool game and concept. But the gaming components and mechanics sound different than HS. And I'd be quite surprised if DoW offers prepainted minis with this game.

It is cool to see that DoW looks to be backing this game in a big way, touting that they will offer many expansion packs. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one...

http://blog.battlelore.com/en/

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:26 PM

Logrey has disabled reputation
Yeah - I doubt style of play will be very similar. In fact, since it's based on the C&C engine, it's primarily a one-on-one game (or one team on one team). So, it won't have the flexibility of Heroscape.

But it will compete for dollars. I'm intrigued by the concept of small monthly expanisons. Sounds crazy.

Another thing that sounded great is the database driven, Adventure Creator online. The fan support could be huge! Hasbro could learn a thing or two from how DoW handles their online presence.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I don't anticipate pre-painted minis, but OMG look at this little guy! Look at the detail!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 8th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
For those too lazy to click the above link and read the article...

Quote:
"BattleLore includes: over 210 highly detailed plastic miniatures, including 58 banner bearers; an extensive Player’s Guide, with separate Adventures Booklet; a double-sided battlemap; 46 Terrain and Landmark tiles; 60 Command cards; 60 Lore cards; 48 Summary cards; 2 War Council sheets; 24 Lore Master Tokens; 12 Battle dice; and a Days of Wonder Online Access Number, giving players free access to the BattleLore Online Adventures Editor. BattleLore is for 2 players (or 2 teams), ages 10 and up and takes approximately 60 minutes to play."
Wow... 210 miniatures? Makes me wonder just how miniature these figs are. And I agree with Ninth, no way these are prepainted. But still... 210? Wow...

Note also, MSRP is $70.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old September 8th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I doubt they will be prepainted either, I think its going to be like Memoir '44. So they will be small and unpainted.
Old September 8th, 2006, 01:19 PM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
I'm guessing they'll be Memoir '44 sized, so they'll be small. Check out some pics of Memoir '44 at BGG to get a feel for their size. Need to be small to fit several units on a hex board.

Really looking forward to this. I've been wanting a fun wargame but real wars aren't something most of my friends can get into. A fantasy theme, on the other hand, is right up our alley. Can't wait to get more info on the actual battle mechanics.
Old September 8th, 2006, 02:12 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
This is REALLY... REALLY... exciting news!!

I've been wondering what that little card advertising "something BIG" was in Cleopatra, and have been interested in Command and Conquer: Ancients for awhile - I think I will check this game out big-time.

I'm hoping it turns out to be what they say it might - this may very well be the Next Big Thing for us afficionados of fantasy gaming.
Old September 8th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Awww Holy Crap!!!!

Soooo looking forward to this!!!

Loved Memior and (now) I'm glad I didn't drop cash on the expansions and C&C Ancients.

Gotta get the Giant and Elemental!!!

Recent Games Played:
Old September 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Bad DoW. Naughty DoW. They're just trying to suck all the money out of my wallet before it can get to Hasbro.

OK, so I know what's on my shopping list for Essen then.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games