Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:21 PM
has been BANNED

CKboy56 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Playing Outside Of Your Group

I don't play many TTG outside of my group. Every group knows the rules and yells at each other and whatnot. I haven't played a random person in a while. The last time was with yugioh (long time ago) and the kid was totally wierd (plus the rules are retarded to begin with). You ever play with someone and they interpreted a rule completly different than you? Doesn't it suck to not be able to insult people you don't know (well if you do that then dont play with me ) or have house rules like Mirmiring can fart on characters to kill them. I remember my group used to do the fireline attack sideways thus effecting 16 spaces even though we were only allowed to choose 1.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 02:38 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!
we all have a set way of play I remember the worst experience was with magic the card game that is the most interpetated game out and everyone thinks there right... But I always had to tell them they were wrong...LOL
Old January 23rd, 2007, 06:55 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
stubburn players

If it means a larger player base, I'm willing to work around rule interpretations. I can be pretty flexible so long as rules aren't just being pulled out of thin air and the other players are willing to see things from my perspective also (flagilant dragons not withstanding).

I played a game of Pirates of the Spanish Main with an old Warhammer fan and that was an all night torture scene. The guy argued about everything. I don't think we played one turn without haveing to kick around 3 different interpretations of at least one rule. And he'd never even played before. He also never once accepted that he might of had a rule (which he'd never seen) wrong. After an all nighter of saying "Fine have it your way, let's just play." I decided not to give him any more rope. The next rule debate, I had to call it quits. Then when we were packing it all up he accidently broke my favorate ship.

I'd really like to rematch the guy.
At kick boxing!

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 07:10 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Getting caught up on rules during the middle of a game can certainly stop the fun momentum. I usually dont get a chance to play outside of my group, except the few of the so cal gatherings I had attended.

I usually try to keep my play group well up to date on all rules ( and rulings) in regards to heroscape. Of course....If im playing someone who is adamant about a rule ( I know I can be pretty stubborn too) its best to let em have it there way....and then add that person too your poop list.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 10:39 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Currently my group is me and Junior Agent Minivann. I try to play with more than that as much as I can. At this point it is me teaching neighbors and the (roughly) monthly Utah game days.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:12 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Help Me.... yes I would like to play outside our playgroup. I hang with one tough group ...I keep getting beat-up by:
Spider_Posion
Jormi_Boced
The View
Momo_The_Monkey

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:15 AM
has been BANNED

There's always certain roles in groups.

The teacher - has to teach everyone how to play 'cause they're too lazy to read.

The loser - (my favorite) the guy who always loses but can be a faithful ally.

The nitpicker - slows down gameplay. He has to see "every" move and reads every card you play like 50 times to see how he can stop you.
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
I've only ever played with my little brother...and once with my older bro. A year of HS with this kid, he's finally getting better at not giving up and getting really upset. We've got a big game scheduled for tomorrow, we'll see if he can take over my castle.

But yea, I personally would love to get out and play with some different people.

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.
Old January 29th, 2007, 07:59 PM

imppious has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKboy56
There's always certain roles in groups.

The teacher - has to teach everyone how to play 'cause they're too lazy to read.

The loser - (my favorite) the guy who always loses but can be a faithful ally.

The nitpicker - slows down gameplay. He has to see "every" move and reads every card you play like 50 times to see how he can stop you.

No Way....... you have been spying on our game nights!!!!

Character Sig.
Comming soon.....
Old January 29th, 2007, 08:12 PM

Nakita_yeahtheydothat has disabled reputation
I know I played my fair share of "nitpickers". . . haha

It is a little hard to play ppl outside my group when I live in MISSISSIPPI ! ! !

(No one lives in mississippi)

Too close for missles . . . I'm switching to guns.
Old January 29th, 2007, 08:15 PM
has been BANNED

Seriously every time I get a new figure he has to look at it for like an hour.
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:09 AM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Mississippi scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakita_yeahtheydothat
It is a little hard to play ppl outside my group when I live in MISSISSIPPI ! ! !

(No one lives in mississippi)
Oh contrare, I'm in Byhalia (West of Holley Springs), and there are others near Walls and some in Corinth. Tons of folks further South.

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion