Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 21st, 2009, 12:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: Input Request 20/07 - Wriggz's Custom

Thanks for the input,

1. I know col hudson needs a limit, something on my plate.

2. As for bendict the gamble of putting all your order markers on him is very clear. You even have the card infront of you to warn you to put on order marker on him per turn. Many players would never put a OM on him unless necessary, but it forces your opponant to make difficult choices. But i thi nk I will add a d-20 roll, something like 1-10 nothing happens 11-20 you get control.

3. I want Kenish to have a wide area of engagement so that ranged figures that are not adjasent have to attack him first. he could clog up a whole bunch of stingers or 4th mass and cause them to kill themselves off with counter strike.

What about this:

Displined Speed:
When an enemy figure moves beyond 3 clear sight spaces or more than 5 levels up or down, Kenish may make a leaving engagment attack as if the figure was engaged. All Ranged figures withing 3 clear sight spaces must target Kenish unless otherwise engaged. If Kenish is targeted by a figure within 3 clear sight spaces and is no more that 5 levels up or down, he may moved adjacent for the duration of the attack.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; July 21st, 2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:47 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
2. As for bendict the gamble of putting all your order markers on him is very clear. You even have the card infront of you to warn you to put on order marker on him per turn. Many players would never put a OM on him unless necessary, but it forces your opponant to make difficult choices. But i thi nk I will add a d-20 roll, something like 1-10 nothing happens 11-20 you get control.
So are you saying that you may remove all of your opponent's OMs or only those that are on Benedict? The way it is worded on the card right now it would be all of your opponents OMs- that is very powerful indeed, even with a d20 roll.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
What about this:

Displined Speed:
When an enemy figure moves beyond 3 clear sight spaces or more than 5 levels up or down, Kenish may make a leaving engagment attack as if the figure was engaged. All Ranged figures withing 3 clear sight spaces must target Kenish unless otherwise engaged. If Kenish is targeted by a figure within 3 clear sight spaces and is no more that 5 levels up or down, he may moved adjacent for the duration of the attack.
Ah - you didn't clarify that when you take control of Col. Benedict that only the order markers on his army card are forfeited. It just says "all of your opponent's order markers", so I thought that he basically incapacitated your opponent for an entire round.

As for the Disciplined Speed, your new version is even more powerful than the first. Now Kenish may move adjacent if you wish for him to, or he can just stay put. I think his power needs some more well-defined limits, because as is, Kenish basically has the same effect as having several defensively-strong figures engaged to a large portion of your opponent's army.

It's a neat idea, but I still think giving Kenish the option of actually moving into engagement with a figure is more elegant and balanced.
Old July 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
What about this:

Displined Speed:
As for the Disciplined Speed, your new version is even more powerful than the first. Now Kenish may move adjacent if you wish for him to, or he can just stay put. I think his power needs some more well-defined limits, because as is, Kenish basically has the same effect as having several defensively-strong figures engaged to a large portion of your opponent's army.

It's a neat idea, but I still think giving Kenish the option of actually moving into engagement with a figure is more elegant and balanced.
You may be right.
What i'm trying to do is have a figure that is good agaist ranged, but no difference agaist melee. The leaveing engagement strike keeps the range figures close, and the counter and the forced attack brings them down. You would have to bring melee squads agaist him to take him down. Upping his points might balance it out.

Old July 21st, 2009, 03:58 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
Quote:
What about this:

Displined Speed:

You may be right.
What i'm trying to do is have a figure that is good agaist ranged, but no difference agaist melee. The leaveing engagement strike keeps the range figures close, and the counter and the forced attack brings them down. You would have to bring melee squads agaist him to take him down. Upping his points might balance it out.
Alright, given the goal that Kenish should be good at tying up multiple ranged figures, preventing them from raining down attacks on your forces, but that he should not hamper melee figures any more than any other unit, here's my attempt at defining his Disciplined Speed power:
Disciplined Speed
Whenever an opponent's figure that is within 3 spaces of Kenish targets a figure you control for a non-adjacent attack, you may immediately move Kenish up to 3 spaces.
Kenish must move adjacent to the targeting figure to move with this power. When moving with Disciplined Speed, Kenish does not receive any leaving engagement attacks.
...or you could take out the last line and give Kenish Tactical Disengagement 7, which I think makes him more interesting and balanced.
Old July 21st, 2009, 04:25 PM

A much better way of saying What I'm trying to do. The only down side is the range figure will always opt to move outside Kenish's 3 space aura before attacking, thus negating the power entirely.

Old July 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
A much better way of saying What I'm trying to do. The only down side is the range figure will always opt to move outside Kenish's 3 space aura before attacking, thus negating the power entirely.
Not exactly - that will reduce the ranged figure's threat range - in that situation, you're probably forcing him to move backwards, which might put units he would otherwise be threatening out of harm's way. You could increase Kenish's aura to 4 spaces or even more depending on the final cost of the figure though.
Old October 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM

I recall a Stinger Denial Debate which asked the question what if a figure was designed with this in mind, this was my idea:

Templar Spearmen
MOVE 5 Spaces
RANGE 2 Spaces
ATTACK 3 Dice
DEFENSE 2 Dice
POINTS 80

Engagement Strike
If an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to a Templar Spearmen, roll the 20-sided die. For each adjacent Templar Spearmen you control add 1 to your roll. If you roll a 18 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. Figures may only be targeted as they move into engagement with a Templar Spearmen.

Heavy Armor
When defending with a Templar Spearmen, add 1 defense die for each adjacent Templar Spearmen you control up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Heavy Armor power.

Extended Spear
When attacking a figure whose base is not higher or lower than 3 levels from the base of a templar spearman you may add one to the templar spearman's Range. You must have line of sight to use Extended spear.
+++++++++++++++++
The would keep melee figures at range with the engagement strike, but still have the range to hit them. Also they would be good agaist range. Note: the clumping nature of the powers keep them in check with regards to DW 9000, Zelrig, and to a lessor extent Mimring, Braxs and Neif.

Last edited by wriggz; January 11th, 2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:58 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

That's a unique take on a spear wall-type power, a very popular ability around here. My only suggestion would be to lower the number a bit, maybe to 17? With as small a chance for success as a 19, the power isn't much of a deterrent to charging melee figures, which is what it's supposed to represent.
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:13 PM

Philosphers stone
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by wriggz; February 2nd, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:43 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Are abilities factored into there somehow? I don't see them anywhere, but if you got Raelin's cost right you must have factored it in somehow...

Also, if this method turns out to be reliable, I wonder if there should be a quick little computer program to do these calculations for customs creators. It wouldn't be hard to write from the looks of things, as formulas are rather easy to code. Abilities would certainly throw a wrench in the works, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:05 PM

I'm still working on the special abilities. You will notice that the hive is at the bottom since with little attack it will never get it's points back that way. I only posted here so I had a back up I'm going to polish this up and post it in it's own page when I'm done.

Thanks for the early feed back, I'm actually trying to keep this on the down low until I'm done, Since this is like searching for the philosophers stone of heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards