Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 14th, 2007, 04:29 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarkypants
There just sooooo sssslllloooooowwwwwww. How can anything fly that slowly? Helicopters hover faster then that....
coughSoldierscough
Exactly, they fly as slow as a legion of armoured soldiers on foot. Those cool masks must be made of lead.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old July 14th, 2007, 04:37 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've found they do pretty well against an orc army. Just remember to keep them inside Kiova's aura.
Old July 14th, 2007, 10:07 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Get them with the Kozuke Samurai, as my opponent usually picks the einar imperium to keep me from using them, (*sigh*) so i just pick the Kozuke and []wn the imperium.
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:33 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
yeah, just use Kiova, Raelin, Marcus, three sets of rats, and the Krav Maga, play against a non range zombie army, then they work great.

Seriously though, if you send in Deathreavers first, these guys can be devastating. This is the only unit I use that can't stand on their own, but they're just so cool-looking and the idea is incredible that I can't stand to see them sit in the box. Keep trying, everyone. When you get them to work, it will be glorious.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
They do have their moments. The other day I took some EI with Raelin/Kiova into my enemy's start zone and murdered 2 squads of 4th Mass Line that he was saving for last when their Valiant Army Defense would have kicked in. Not one of those guys ever moved before dying. The EI took out Me-Burq-Sa at the same time.

No, they're certainly not very efficient, but they are a lot of fun. I love overrunning weak ranged figures and taking out 4+ in a turn. The templar knights strike me much the same... a high-cost, low-defense common squad that people will still buy and play because they want them to be great.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:35 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
They do have their moments. The other day I took some EI with Raelin/Kiova into my enemy's start zone and murdered 2 squads of 4th Mass Line that he was saving for last when their Valiant Army Defense would have kicked in. Not one of those guys ever moved before dying. The EI took out Me-Burq-Sa at the same time.

No, they're certainly not very efficient, but they are a lot of fun. I love overrunning weak ranged figures and taking out 4+ in a turn. The templar knights strike me much the same... a high-cost, low-defense common squad that people will still buy and play because they want them to be great.
The Cavalry have a chance to actually enter the battle

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Barky, you keep missing the point that Marcus makes them move faster.

Or maybe not. I don't know, but it is one semi-fix. And in an otherwise effective soldier-based army (AE, 4th. Mass...) they might not be awful. Still 140 points is a lot for them, I agree.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:24 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Barky, you keep missing the point that Marcus makes them move faster.

Or maybe not. I don't know, but it is one semi-fix. And in an otherwise effective soldier-based army (AE, 4th. Mass...) they might not be awful. Still 140 points is a lot for them, I agree.
Honesty, I'm just complaining. I was so happy to get these guys, but they all die when I get them in a battle. I have yet to even get them into an attack. I haven't even seen them create a wound against me.

Old August 4th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Have you tried using Syvarris, Deadeye, etc. with Einar to force the enemy to approach them?
Old August 4th, 2007, 08:09 AM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
Quote:
Have you tried using Syvarris, Deadeye, etc. with Einar to force the enemy to approach them?
No. It's just when I'm putting together a 500 pt army and I believe you need at least 2 squads of commons, there aren't many points left. Your idea has some merit if you want a turtle army. But, squads with low defense don't make sense to me in a turtle army.

In giant armies I'm sure they have a place.

Old August 4th, 2007, 08:32 AM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
Lately, I've been playing games with them where I had two squads of them and Kiova, and they kicked some serious butt.

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:45 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
I just picked up a set of the Imperium and I'm not sure what to think of them. I set up 3 sets of Roman Archers in a castle and tried to advance the Imperium in backed by Kiova. They died two times over backed by Kiova before I said screw this and just let them live for the sake of playtesting. Then took out all but one archer once they were on the walls, plus a squad and a half of Legionaries. Kiova flew in and easily mopped up.

Final assessment - Personally I think they should have one more defense to be worth 140 points. As it is, any unit with a range of 4 or more will cut them down with little resistance.

And whoever tried them against a zombie army and said they dominated, try playing a competent opponent. I put 140 points of Imperium up against 120 points of zombies, and the zombies had very little trouble infecting them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units