Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 26th, 2006, 11:46 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
UPC's Maps - Revisited

I thought I would go ahead and mark off a chunk of real estate for my maps. Hopefully, I will start getting up my maps over the weekend. for those PMing me asking when I was going to get around to it, I thank you. I am sorry for being so slow.

My plan is to revisit all of my maps before posting them. As a result, there will be slight changes in most of the maps. I've learned alot of things since my early maps.

To mimic the new trend with map threads, I will begin posting all my maps in the first post.

Through Hell and High Water - 2MS, 2 VW, 3FF (the third FF is for the trees only)

The download for Through Hell and High Water can be found here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arctic Divide uses 1 Master Set and 1 Tundra Set.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Grass Is Always Greener uses 1 Master Set and 1 Forgotten Forest

TeamCastle uses 2 MS, 2 FF, and 2 Castle sets. I created this map for submission to the Team Heroscape tournament coming up in March in DFW.

Highways and Dieways uses less than one MS and 2 FF. My theme with this map is to lessen the power of ranged units.

Spring In The Air uses less than 1 Master Set, 1 Forgotten Forest, and 1 Tundra.

Betrayed! uses less than 3 RotV, 1 SotM, 3 FF, 2 TT, and 2 Castle sets. A scenario is included with the map.

Here is the text of the scenario contained within...
Quote:
The scenario is for four players, however, it can be modified for any amount of players.

The battlefield has been divided into two teams. The Red and Violet start zones make up the Defending Team and the Orange and Cyan start zones make up the Attacking Team. The start zones are purposely uneven in spaces.

The 4 yellow start zone spaces belong to the Betraying unit. Choose any 4 unit squad, but the Tarn Vikings work especially well because of there multicolor makeup in the squad. Place all four Tarn Vikings in the yellow zone spaces. It does not matter which Viking starts where.

Each team uses 500 point armies or another predetermined value amount.

In this scenario, both castle gates start out in the open position.

Last, but not least, choose four random glyphs and place them symbol side up on the four unknown glyph locations.

Before the start of the game, the Attacking team secretly chooses two of the four figures of the Betraying unit (via writing the descriptions on two pieces of paper). The Attacking team starts the game off controlling the Betraying unit, however, the only action they can take is opening and closing the main castle gate. The Attacking team also rolls defense dice for the unit. The Defending team can only take control of the main castle gate after killing the two figures in the Betraying unit that were secretly chosen by the Attacking team. As soon as either one of the "Betrayers" are killed, the Attacking team must inform the Defending team. All four Betraying unit figures are considered in position to control the gate until the unit has been eliminated.

Once both "Betrayers" have been killed, remove any remaining Betraying unit figures and play control of the main castle gate as normal.

The Attacking team can win by getting any three units (heroes or squads) into the red starting zone or by eliminating the Defending team. The Defending team can win by successfully eliminating the Attacking team.

Marvel Crosswalk uses less than 1 Master Set, 1 Marvel Set, and 1 Forgotten Forest.

Floating Castle uses less than 3 MS, 3 FF, 2 VW, and 2 Castle Sets.

Stroll Through The Park_SV1 uses 1 Swarm Set, 1 Castle Set, and 1 Jungle Set.

A Hunting We Will Go uses 2 Master Sets, 2 Forests Sets, and some extra pieces from expansions. It includes a couple scenarios to go with the map.

Last edited by UranusPChicago; July 2nd, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old May 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Thanks for getting the thread up. Bring on the revisited maps, and new ones, of course.

Old May 29th, 2006, 04:55 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
eagerly anticipating seeing your quality work over here, UPC.
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:07 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
What better place to start than the beginning. This is the first map that I posted back on HQ. I am also going to repost parts of my original post.

Volcano King is a more traditional Heroscape map along the theme of the old sandlot game King of the Mountain. It has a unique army placement rule that creates engagements from the very start of the game. It requires 2 Master Sets, 1 Hot Lava Set, and 3 of each expansion from Wave 1 and Wave 2.

reapersaurus wrote:

Why did you have the starting zones be inter-connecting/overlapping? I don't get the strategy behind that.

The starting zones are overlapping on the Volcano King because I wanted it to have a King of the Mountain feel to it. When I used to play king of the mountain on the huge mountains of construction dirt when I was growing up, the most fun was had fighting just to even get to the top.

With Heroscape, engagement and height advantage can make or break games. The placement causes people to think again before drafting an all range army. And placement of your army in the beginning plays a large part of the outcome of the game. I am high on strategy in all parts of the game.

In further defining what I was trying to accomplish with Volcano King, I was wanting a map that was challenging for all unit types. I.E. make it difficult fot the walkers by adding elevation, make it difficult for the flyers by adding the no-flying glyph, make it difficult for the range units by starting out engaged, make it difficult for melee units by potentially being so spread out and providing no cover, etc.

The pdf download is located in the first post.

Volcano King

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old June 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
thanks UPC.
Old June 29th, 2006, 01:03 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Here is a revisit of one of my later maps. I changed the location of the staring zones and moved the ruins to a different location. I think it plays pretty well as it tends to divide your army. It is a fun last man standing map.

Through Hell and High Water - 2MS, 2 VW, 3FF (the third FF is for the trees only)

The download for Through Hell and High Water can be found here.

Old June 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
This is probably one of my favorite maps. I like the changes, and the ruins fit now. My only gripe about this map has been starting zone sizes. In a 400 point game, where do you place extra Romans and 4th Mass?

Old June 30th, 2006, 12:53 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
This is probably one of my favorite maps. I like the changes, and the ruins fit now. My only gripe about this map has been starting zone sizes. In a 400 point game, where do you place extra Romans and 4th Mass?
Imagine that, Gib droping in on my map thread... Now if we could just get Dragonslayer back and regular, things would be totally back to normal.

As to your question, I end up just sticking some left over one and two hex pieces from the expansions to fill out the starting zones if needed. I don't include that in the official build of the map just in case someone who wants to build the map only has no expansion sets, other than the VWs and FFs.

Old July 2nd, 2006, 02:39 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Finally things are right in the world, UPC's maps are starting to go up. Can't wait to try through hell and high water when I get that extra terrain.
Old July 18th, 2006, 02:24 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
Why don't you upload all of your maps into the download section, and then you can take your time getting them up in this thread.

Old July 19th, 2006, 06:58 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I vote to see more of UPC's work here, too.
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:51 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I have finally returned to the job of map making after quite a sizable break. The upcoming Heroscape tournament in Texas is using custom maps and here are a couple of my new creations.

The first one uses 1 Master Set and 1 Tundra Set.

Arctic Divide

The second one uses 1 Master Set and 1 Forgotten Forest

The Grass Is Always Greener

Both maps have suggested areas for 2 randomly drawn glyphs. Neither one contains a scenario as both maps were designed for tournament play.

Hopefully I can clear out some more time to return to my mapping laboratory...

Let me know what you think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios