Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 3rd, 2016, 10:50 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

I fixed it! I fixed it already! I'm just glad someone is paying attention.

I am concerned about Taeblewalker, his being at GenCon and all. Should we abandon all hope of an early Draft, and just wait til game day?

Next Generation

Old August 4th, 2016, 12:05 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

I spoke to Taeblewalker this evening and reminded him about the draft, so we'll see. He was helping to set up tables for tomorrow's Scape festivities! TW flew back from his Florida vacation recently to his home in upstate NYS, and then drove right out there. Hopefully in the morning he'll pick up the two games he offered to try and get for me--Cry Havoc and Star Trek Ascendancy--retrace his steps after the Con, and then appear for our KolakoskiScape game on Wednesday. What a guy!

By the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak! My turn order and first pick stands, being Official and all! Go ahead and pick, and perhaps we will be rewarded with an Indianapolis Indication!

Dr. Strange--appearing this November in theaters near you!

PS: Note to Taeblewalker regarding tomorrow when the Dealer Room opens:

1. Fight! Smash! Kill! Tramplestomp!!!

2. Then pick up the other game.

Last edited by chas; August 4th, 2016 at 12:57 AM.
Old August 4th, 2016, 11:52 AM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

By the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak! My turn order and first pick stands, being Official and all! Go ahead and pick, and perhaps we will be rewarded with an Indianapolis Indication!

Dr. Strange--appearing this November in theaters near you!

OK . . . Since you insist. But I'm not holding my breath for completion of the Draft. I'm prepared for the rest of the picks to happen on game day, after the viewing of the Map I'll be free building.

P.S.: A little late in the day, but . . .

The Water in the central Pool is poisoned in GoTs.
I considered treating Water in the central Pool like Lava Field, with units still on Water at the end of each Round rolling for Wounds. I let it slide, because it's not being drunk, but it could conceivably weaken units that spend any length of time in it. I'm open to suggestion on a Special Rule.

Next Generation

Old August 4th, 2016, 12:16 PM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

So who's your pick?
Old August 4th, 2016, 02:30 PM
worthless thread clother

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Draft order is: chas, kolakoski, Taeblewalker, Sherman Davies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
So who's your pick?
Oh, it's my turn! I choose the King - Namor McKenzie!

Over to
Taeblewalker.

P.S.: Duh! I can't believe I sat around so long waiting for Taeblewalker when it was my turn!

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; August 4th, 2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old August 4th, 2016, 05:10 PM

Taeblewalker reports that he got my Star Trek Ascendancy at GenCon. By the time he got over to the next booth, the Cry Havocs were all gone. Maybe they'll have some more tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I told him its his turn to draft...

Chas
Old August 4th, 2016, 06:04 PM
worthless thread clother

Well met!

Note: Deleted Special Rule for Malekith. He is clearly intended to benefit from there being more than one opponent.

Next Generation

Old August 8th, 2016, 01:46 PM
worthless thread clother

Well met!

Sunset on the Cliffs Hotel/Resort

At the end of November, we will be taking our annual vacation in Negril, Jamaica. This year, we will be staying (for about four weeks) at the same hotel at which a couple of friends have been staying (their annual stay being for around three months).

P.S.: Open to purchasing another squad of NotNW.

Irvin and Addena Sumter-Freitag

Normally, when we're not swimming, walking, running, going out to eat, partying, bar-hopping, etc., we play Jamaican Dominoes. [Actually, we play Dominoes in the midst of many of these activities, as well.]

I've often contemplated taking some Heroscape with me, but thought it would require a large minimum amount of terrain and figures to be worthwhile. However, coincident with the creation of my 16 Card/Choice idea, I received a pile of Supers figures from Sherman Davies as a prize at the most recent Islandscape. . . . So I decided to take some 'Scape to Negril.

At first, I thought to use only those prize figures, but, just to see, I looked for Heroclix online.
I didn't realize how inexpensive it was to purchase (most) Heroclix! On Sunday, from Troll & Toad and Coolstuff, for only around $15, I purchased all the figures for the Faceless Ones!, except the Black Knight, Iron Man, and the two squads of Hand Ninjas, which I can easily proxy with Sir Hawthorne, one of the figures shown below,

A few of the figures in my Islandscape prize.
(Thanks to Sherman Davies!)

and all but one of my Classic Ninjas (Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Moriko, Kumiko, and Otonashi), respectively. I don't expect them to arrive before Wednesday's Game Day, but I'll surely have them in time to take them to Negril at the end of November.

Sunset on the Cliffs Hotel/Resort

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; August 8th, 2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old August 8th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I draft Silver Banshee.

Old August 8th, 2016, 07:02 PM

Over to Sherman Davis: Who will he pick? He gets two choices!
Old August 8th, 2016, 09:55 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'll take Chameleon/Hand Ninjas and Hydro Man.

Over to Taeblewalker.
Old August 8th, 2016, 10:12 PM
worthless thread clother

Well met!

Well, I guess I convinced somebody Chameleon/Hand Ninjas were a good pick . . .

Next Generation

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion