Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 6th, 2013, 06:25 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: ShooterScape/GameScape - Any Interest?

Random other thought, an easy way to do dual wielding might be to make it a special power for characters that it fits with.

Something like:

DUAL WIELDING
(Character Name) can use 2 Light Weapons during each turn.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 6th, 2013, 06:28 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I'd love to help with this project if there's still room. I'm not super captain videogame guy, but I've played quite a bit of Halo and Gears. My brother has played most of the rest talked about, so I could get his input as well.

On the weapon glyph thing, I think it's totally fine to have guys like Master Chief use pretty much any weapon. If he can use plasma pistols and things like that, he should have no trouble with a Lancer.

It seems a little weirder for the Assassins Creed guys to be using laser guns and stuff though, or for Gears or Halo characters using their special hidden blades and such. Maybe they shouldn't have the ability to pick up weapons, and just have theirs represented by powers on their cards? Is picking up random weapons even a thing in the AC games?

Another option might be for their weapons to only be useable by Assassins, and have their weapon pick only work with certain weapons.

It might be useful for the weapon cards to have a left stat box like character cards do. Instead of Species you could have a basic type (like ranged and melee), then you could have a common/unique weapon line, then a 'class' of weapon, like 'pistol' or 'machine gun' and size (like light, medium, heavy).

Like a Sniper Rifle might have something like:

Ranged
Common Weapon
Sniper Rifle
Medium

So, only characters that can use ranged weapons can use the sniper rifle. And maybe certain characters might have a special power that works with sniper rifles, that kind of thing.
I would of thought there is plenty of room

Fwiw, some Elites in Halo do have hidden blade like things in Halo Reach. They use them in a cutscene and during assassinations. Hidden blades I would of thought won't be pick ups, but who knows we will find ways around things like that though

That sounds like a good idea! Although I don't know what others would think of weapons having that side bit. Seems like a good idea to me though. That could separate some of the heavier weapons from the weaker characters.

I can see Jun from Halo having bonuses from Sniper Rifles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocGlock View Post
Even though he doesn't have a heroclix figure I think it would be cool to add Desmond in at some point. Being a more modern assassin I don't think it would be too strange if he had the ability to pick up weapons, but I don't see him dual wielding or using heavy weapons. And since he is just a guy who wears a white sweatshirt he can't be that hard to find a suitable figure for him.

Also I was wondering, for all the equipment glyphs would characters still lose their weapons when wounded or would it be more of just when an opponent is killed type of thing?
Not sure what Desmond would do that Ezio couldn't do already. It wouldn't be too difficult though, I can think of a couple of usable figures already.

It would make more sense that they only lost them when killed, although I can see characters dropping heavier weapons when wounded.
Old July 6th, 2013, 06:33 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Random other thought, an easy way to do dual wielding might be to make it a special power for characters that it fits with.

Something like:

DUAL WIELDING
(Character Name) can use 2 Light Weapons during each turn.
That could work, here's what we had with the UHS (if you want it for ideas):
Quote:
DUAL-WIELDABLE
Before attacking with this Weapon Glyph, you may choose to subtract 1 from your range and attack number when attacking with any Weapon Glyph this turn. If you do, after attacking with this Weapon Glyph, you may attack with any other Weapon Glyph on this card with the Dual-Wieldable special power.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:47 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Here's my tweak on your suggestion, ZJ.

DUAL-WIELDABLE
After a figure attacks with this Weapon Glyph, that figure may attack with one other Weapon Glyph on that figure's army card that has the Dual-Wieldable Trait. Figures without the Dual-Wield Special Power subtract 2 from their attack dice when using the Dual-Wieldable Trait.

I was thinking the Dual-Wield Special Power would be a symbol, like the C3G uses for Flying and Super Strength.

We should keep the other symbols pretty simple and to a minimum. What other ones do we need?

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:02 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Pretty cool.

The only other symbol that I can think of that we might need would be a 'Energy Shield' for Spartans, Elites and the like.

Also, should this be in 'Misc Customs Project Forum' instead of 'Custom Units & Army Cards'?

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:18 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Would it be a good idea to make a list of people willing to be involved, and a list of characters and weapons that will be the ones we start off with?
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Must have weapons that I know of. (AKA, most iconic in the games.

Halo
Assault Rifle
Plasma Pistol
Magnum
Needler

Assassins Creed
Hidden Blade
Hidden Pistol
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:28 PM

Symbol ideas:

Dual-Wield

Shielding

Old July 6th, 2013, 08:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

The most thematic way to represent Energy Shields would be:

Start the game with X Energy Shield Markers on this Army Card. Whenever this figure receives one or more wounds from an attack, you may remove any number of Energy Shield Markers from this Army Card. For each Energy Shield Marker removed, ignore one wound.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:47 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

If we're going to start off with a 'master set', I wouldn't mind having a 'Halo vs. Gears of War' Theme. Assassins Creed is a cool game to, and should be covered sooner rather than later, but it's sort of an odd man out right now. Halo and Gears have a lot in common game play and theme wise, and would be easier to turn into a cohesive Master Set/ Rule set. Actually, it might be cool if most of the releases had a 'XvsY' set up. 'Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat' 'Mario vs. Sonic' that kind of thing.

With that in mind I like to see something like this as the starting rooster:

Marcus
Dom
a Locust Squad
a Locust Hero

a Boomer/other big locust
Master Chief
Squad of Grunts
Uncommon Elite Hero

Hunter Squad

Possibly a 'gun emplacement' type destructible object from each game

My Etsy Store
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:50 PM
A Robot in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The most thematic way to represent Energy Shields would be:

Start the game with X Energy Shield Markers on this Army Card. Whenever this figure receives one or more wounds from an attack, you may remove any number of Energy Shield Markers from this Army Card. For each Energy Shield Marker removed, ignore one wound.
I agree with that system.

Though they would need to recharge at some point, otherwise they're no diffrent than having more life.

My Etsy Store
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

All good discussion here. Hopefully we can get something a bit more standard up shortly so we can organize our thoughts a bit!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards