Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old October 8th, 2009, 11:52 AM

Calzone knows what's in an order marker Calzone knows what's in an order marker
Post Calzone's Custom Terrain: Elven Bridge (10/08/09)

Hi guys, I'm fairly new here (been a lurker for a while, and recently started posting), but though I'd share my custom terrain projects as i got around to them. I apologize for the blurriness of some pictures, they were taken with my cell phone's camera.

Elven Bridge
My current project is a bridge in kind of an elven/natural style. The original concept was that a couple of trees were arced toward each other when they were young, and grew together, fusing into a solid mass. Over centuries, the wood warped as the trees slowly fought for real estate, clutching at boulders and each other as they struggled to survive. Space for walking was hewn along the arch of the trees, resulting in the bridge.

Click the Spoiler for construction details (lengthy):
Spoiler Alert!

Here are the current pics. I've only done three coats of paint so far. I still have to add some moss details, highlighting/drybrushing for everything, and finish it with a wash, but it's coming along.

Questions, comments, constructive criticism are heartily welcomed. Hope you enjoy!

Mmm...Tasty.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Calzone's Custom Terrain: Elven Bridge (10/08/09)

Looks really good, especially for a first time using the materials.
Looks like you could easily make a Marro bridge with a similar method. I'd like to see that.
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:01 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Wow, that is cool. Looks like it took a lot of work, but it paid off.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old October 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart

Absolutely fantastic! Not only did you make a great piece of terrain, but you provided a tutorial to go along with it. Great job. +rep
Old October 8th, 2009, 04:57 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Looks great and nice detail on the process!

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:11 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Great job, Calzone!
I echo A_Train, I would love to see you do a Marro bridge this way. If this first bridge is any indication I am sure you would do great at it.
Old October 8th, 2009, 05:34 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Thats looks really really really AWESOME!

Old October 9th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Calzone knows what's in an order marker Calzone knows what's in an order marker

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback, it's very encouraging!

I've still got a little painting to finish on my elven bridge, but i should finish it here in a day or two.

I hadn't given a lot of thought to doing a Marro bridge, but after thinking about it, it seems like a lot of fun. I'll start doing some concept sketches and post them here for initial impressions if you guys don't mind contributing some feedback.

A couple other projects I'm working on the side:

- Distressed pillars (wedding cake ionic columns)
- Cherry blossom trees
- a red lacquered Japanese-style bridge

Look for updates in the next few days!

Mmm...Tasty.
Old October 10th, 2009, 05:36 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Holy crap, Calzone. That bridge looks great. You got in an incredible amount of detail. I hope more is to come.

~Spite
Old October 10th, 2009, 06:51 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Woah!

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 10th, 2009, 10:39 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Wow, nice job for your first custom thing. They way you built it actually seemed easier then many other ways, and I really like the paint job you gave it! Good Job!
Old October 12th, 2009, 10:02 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

This is turning out real nice. The look and feel is excellent. Good colour scheme too.
Only question I have is that the hex parts look a wee bit wobbly and uneven. So I'm not sure how steady your game pieces would sit on them, but maybe that's just the picture and lighting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles