Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Orac has disabled reputation
Re: Possible Master 3 announcement upcoming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
I think as stated earlier in this thread if WOTC wants to compete with the WoW mini game they are going to have to release a small starter product for 2 players to get new players into the game.It needs to be small and not take up alot of shelf space.

If they where smart they would just need to release a couple mini starter sets. To contain one unique Hero and a common or unique squad that has synergy with the heros. A small amount of terrain to make a mini map and maybe 2 LOS blockers. Or hell toss in the lexan maps to save even more!!!!!

Set one:
They already have the Desert mountain on the table.
One set of indians(or eygptian) plus vydar with some grass and desert
Desert lexen map

Set two with
Aqulla(Aztec Warriors) and Jandar (cyborg skeltons)
with swamp and stone terrain
Throw in a couple of statues for LOS blockers
Swap lexan map

A third could be
Winged vikings Vs a dragon + whelps
Toss in just stone and sand terrain ( A weaker set with no LOS blockers but it has a large Chiese Ullar dragon!!)
Toss in a water lexan map

Charge $25-30 and its a done deal
Small packaging. New heros + squads for the players already in the game. Plus a small basic intro to addict new players.
Toss in about 3 scenarios per mini starter

Still the battle of all time just in different boxes.

Yes I know it cost more then what we got in the past but I would rather have that then nothing at all and it gets new players into the game.

WOTC if you are listening you have my permission to use this idea just name one of the cyborg skeletons "Skelly"

Someone tell me they hate this idea
Good ideas here. And if there is concern to there being multiple SKUs, just make one small "starter-type" set per wave, moving some uniques into it.

I know we were all spoiled by ROTV. Ofcourse that is the best way to start out with the game. But the facts are it is big (good for us, but bad for retailers), and probably does not provide WOTC with the profit margins that they would like. (Compare the $40 ROTV set to what you get for $20 with AA, RTTFF, etc.)
Old February 20th, 2009, 05:30 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker

I changed and edited a couple of ideas but premise is the same.
Old February 20th, 2009, 06:02 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orac View Post
I know we were all spoiled by ROTV. Ofcourse that is the best way to start out with the game. But the facts are it is big (good for us, but bad for retailers), and probably does not provide WOTC with the profit margins that they would like. (Compare the $40 ROTV set to what you get for $20 with AA, RTTFF, etc.)
I agree. And that is reflected in my purchases: I have 14 RotV; but only 6 RttFF; and less than that for TT, FotA, etc.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:20 PM

elvinleader Woo who?

I like the 2 existing master sets, but i think a new master set is the best course of action at this point. the game needs new players and the best way to do that is to keep as many options on the market as possible. with 2 substantial releases planed, a master set would do the perfect way to add hype to the market for HS( thus encouraging new plays to give it a whirl) Also, it would be a good way to give aquilla some girth. any way you look at it, a new master set cant be a bad thing. Lets just hope that the other 2 are kept in production at some level so that new players always have access to the origonal
hs goodness.
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:27 PM

Cthulhu1979 is surprisingly tart

A new Master Set would be something that I'd definately be interested in, however, I doubt that the announcement will be about a new Master Set, as Swarm of the Marro is still somewhat new.

The idea of a smaller, Marvelscape set is a good one; yet would they release such a thing when so many Marvelscapes sat around and then paraded to clearance? Yes, core 'scape is a different kettle of fish, but I wonder: how much convincing it would take in order to get a similar product on the shelves?

Perhaps the announcement will be about a "Hex by Hex" online store? I know I heard some kind of rumour about that, and WotC would likely turn a pretty penny on such an endeavour. Imagine how much money they could make selling 'scape "a la carte". How much water would you buy? How many glaciers? How much lava?

Maybe they'll market 'scape in a completely different way. But at the moment, I think that a Master Set like RotV will be the only one of its kind. I think that everyone agrees that SotM is more of a giant terrain expansion than a Master Set, and I'd think that future releases would follow that mold.

Anyways, I'm rambling...
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post
I think it would be cooler to have Vydar get into a fight with Aquilla about their summoning beliefs, and base an MS on their fight. More thematic, and gives units to 2 of the smaller generals.
Yeah this is what I have been hoping for. An Aquilla vs Vydar box set so I can fill out those two armies at one time. I don't see them making an all Aquilla and Vydar expansion wave so a master set is the logical way to get those two aremies caught up with Jandar and Utgars' massive armies.
I should have mentioned earlier that I think it is possible to have a Vydar Kyrie Warrior in this MS. My idea for the bio would be along the lines of Vydar sending his most loyal sentry on a scouting mission to the furthest edge of the know border of Valhalla, to spy out what is going on in the mysterious Ticalla Jungle. This sentry is spotted and captured by Aquilla the Moon Priestest's Kyrie Temple Guards. A cautious and suspecting Aquilla decides to keep her guest company against his will until Drake, Raelin, Sonlen, Q10, and Shiori arrive, which she has been expecting. Aquilla will do just about anything to gain allies to help rid her land of the Marro.

I thought that the last entry in Thormun's journal about the Marro invading Ticalla Jungle was a great way for Hasbro/WOTC to transition from SotM to Aquilla's Alliance, Ticalla Jungle and hopefully a new MS.

GOD Bless YodaKing and Creationist

Last edited by Griffin; February 20th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old February 20th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Am I the only one who is officially getting speculation fatigue?

Last year around this time was one of the coolest times for me to be a Heroscaper. Tons of new stuff on the horizon, a new HSers site, constant peaks at cards and units... those were the days!

And then a week after the mammoth release the speculation began.

:Stops whining and tries to think of something to contribute instead:

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old February 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM

clonedpoop Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteWolf View Post
I agree that Marvel Wave 1 announcement would be great..... but unfortunately from the people that had originally said there was going to be an "annoucement", they said that WotC said it was definitely not Marvel related.

But I really like the idea of a mini master set or wave 9 being transformed into Master Set 3 !

Well, that's awful news. What is it going to take until we get Marvel Wave 1 released?

Could anyone who knows one of the reps ask a couple questions for the Marvel Zombies of this board? Thanks in advance!

Marvel Heroscape Expansion Votes:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733

Marvel Heroscape wishlist:
Scarlet Spider & Carnage
Old February 21st, 2009, 05:48 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Thursday I stopped by the local FLGS to continue my desperate search of their shelves....to no avail. He recognizes me by face now and knows what Im looking for.

He indicated he wants to be more involved but is waiting on his distributer to send him stuff - but he is really holding out for a "REAL" order to come in before hosting our event.....long story short though - his exact words about a late spring release "a bunch of stuff, including a new starter set".

My curiousity got piqued with the idea of him hosting events, stocking large quantities and preparing this with a "new starter set" this spring. I wont say that it means a new master set of course, it could be that its just new to him - and SotM, RotV and Marvel are new to him....each would be a "starter set".
Old February 21st, 2009, 07:34 AM

iceat Woo who?

Some new elf squads would be great. Love to play with the wizards but there's not enough to theme an army (can't find the early waves with the squads anywhere). Maybe a dwarf army with hate against elves, ..., new lava terrain, nice terrain pieces, ...

To many possibilities

What about vehicles? Tanks, battlemechs, spaceships or army themed tiles
Old February 21st, 2009, 08:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedpoop View Post
Quote:
I agree that Marvel Wave 1 announcement would be great..... but unfortunately from the people that had originally said there was going to be an "annoucement", they said that WotC said it was definitely not Marvel related.

But I really like the idea of a mini master set or wave 9 being transformed into Master Set 3 !

Well, that's awful news. What is it going to take until we get Marvel Wave 1 released?
$$ makes the world go round, and Marvel isn't cutting it, that's the simple answer IMO.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM

darkmantle has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedpoop View Post
Quote:

$$ makes the world go round, and Marvel isn't cutting it, that's the simple answer IMO.
Its a problem, because I Loved the idea of the marvel game, but with no expansions out, I have no incentive to buy more than one of the original set for the land or whatnot. Honestly, if heroscape had just come out and all that was out was the original RotV I would say the game had a lot of potential, and be thrilled at the idea of more stuff coming out, but if that got delayed time after time, I would end up giving up on the game. The thing so great about heroscape in my opinion is the extreme variety, and the fact that most new waves that come out, everybody has to rethink their strategy a bit to account for the possible new enemies. With Marvel, its just like having a weaker version of RotV and nothing to back it up. I think if they would come out with wave 1, then the selling of both wave 1 and the orignal master set would skyrocket. I hate to see them give up on such a good idea. It also needs a few squads, skrulls or doombots or something to make it a bit more like regular heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News