Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:08 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

How about Power Grid? Or Advanced Squad Leader?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 2nd, 2014 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Race for the Galaxy?
Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Or Kemet, Robinson Crusoe, Dead of Winter, or Heroes of Normandie?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 2nd, 2014, 09:50 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Snce they're in sixth grade, they should be able to handle Legendary Encounters, as well. It has some similarities to Power Grid; it just isn't quite as exciting.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 10:49 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Love Letter is good, but if you wanted it to be "cooler" and a little more appealing to boys, you could try the Lost Legacy versions by AEG (The Starship and Flying Garden). They are both similar to Love Letter with some sci-fi theming. Each one plays up to four people, but you can combine the games to play up to six.
Keep in mond though, that Lost Legacy isn't just a different version of Love Letter. They are completely different games that use a very similar mechanic. I love Love Letter and didn't like Lost Legacy at all.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 11:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Me neither. Of course, I was taught by a nincompoop.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 2nd, 2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: seriously, though. . . i didn't like it either.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:18 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Love Letter is good, but if you wanted it to be "cooler" and a little more appealing to boys, you could try the Lost Legacy versions by AEG (The Starship and Flying Garden). They are both similar to Love Letter with some sci-fi theming. Each one plays up to four people, but you can combine the games to play up to six.
Keep in mond though, that Lost Legacy isn't just a different version of Love Letter. They are completely different games that use a very similar mechanic. I love Love Letter and didn't like Lost Legacy at all.
Agreed but one thing it has over Love Letter is that it's less likely that a player is eliminated before the final round. I've played plenty of games of Love Letter where somebody is eliminated before even getting a turn & that is just frustrating.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 07:25 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Since they're in sixth grade, they should be able to handle Legendary Encounters, as well. It has some similarities to Power Grid; it just isn't quite as exciting.
I think we are getting a little too heavy in setup time with these, let alone play time. We don't play Legendary anymore because of setup time. I should probably trade it, but I have yet to get rid of any game, so I doubt I will start anytime soon. Also, I love my DoW and RC too much to let grubby 6th graders I don't know even look at them.

Heroes of Normandie looks cool, but at this point I think Memoir 44 might work in multiple 2-player games and then step them up to Overlord.
Old September 3rd, 2014, 07:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

New Games On My Buy List:

September

Firefly: Blue Sun Rim Space Expansion
Star Trek Fleet Captains: The Dominion Expansion
Cyclades: The Titans Expansion
Quatermaster General

Later Fall

Kemet: The Tau-Seti Expansion
C&C Napoleonics: The Prussian Army Expansion (November)

Oh yeah!

Meanwhile, I'm playing lots of Memoir 44: D-Day Landings. Asmodee just bought the small Days of Wonder! Since Asmodee already distributes for them in Europe (where they are apparently the largest game company), we're hoping for a stepped up production of M44 expansions!

I've solitaired all six M44DDL expansions, and also both three map National Landing set ups--US and UK. Having played the US one also with one opponent, today I'm doing the UK game in this mode. Next week I'll be introducing two new players to this game. A larger pool of interested friends seems to be forming, so the possibility of playing the beast with four to six players (the most I can fit at my place) seems to lie somewhere down the road!

For more detailed info on my M44DDL playing experience see boardgamegeek, (where I'm 'Jon Snow,' and people keep telling me I know nothing).
Old September 4th, 2014, 07:57 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Today I picked up the very last copy of Quartermaster General in the main FLGS of NYC! Usually a pal buys what I want from an online vendor, but he was already Out of Stock. It seems like the first printing is quickly disappearing.

(Edit) I just posted the National Card Deck Lists in Files on Boardgamegeek as a player aid. If you really want to see what this game is all about, take a look.

(Edit 2) If you are looking for more info, there is a short strategy guide on the company site: www.grigglinggames.com, and great posts by the designer on a bgg thread called "Axis Strategy."

Last edited by chas; September 5th, 2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old September 4th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Congrats on getting a copy Chas. Look forward to hearing how you like it

Old September 4th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I tried out Shadowrun: Crossfire on Tuesday night. We played it twice and I'm ready for more! Fun coop that felt just challenging enough and had a theme very like Netrunner.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 4th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

I believe one or two of the guys in my group have that game Bats, so I'll hope to try that one. I know some of the guys in the group are excited about it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games