Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old November 11th, 2008, 05:42 PM

edridtc123 Woo who?
A New Competitive Army in Need; Look Inside Please.

Hello fellow 'Scapers!

Today, my sister and I were drafting some armies and she decided that she wanted to play against my new competitive army. I agreed, and she drafted 520 points.

She failed in the game miserably.

So now, I'd like to ask you, the members of this community, for a team which she can use from figures we have to beat me and still hold up against other armies.

Req's: 520 Points, Can't Include Q-9, Raelin 1.0, Krav, MW, Laglor, or Figures we don't have.

Figures we have:

RotV
No Wave 1

No Wave 2
No Wave 3
No Wave 4
Warriors and Soulborgs x1
Nakita Agents from Garage Sale
All of Wave 6 x1
No Wave 7
SotM
No Wave 8
All Terrain except for TJ
Q-9 from Friend who stopped playing
Su-Bak-Na from said friend
Nilfheim " " "
Braxas " " "
Charos " " "
All Flagbearers except for Einar's Hatamato Taro
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: A New Competitive Army in Need; Look Inside Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edridtc123 View Post
Req's: 520 Points, Can't Include Q-9, Raelin 1.0, Krav, MW, Laglor, or Figures we don't have.
I recommend you give her that army and find something else to play with yourself. Otherwise I suspect you won't have a sister who is willing to play in pretty short order.

Next best option:
TorKulNa 220
2xNagrubs 60
2xStingers 120
Kaemon Awa or Raelin 2.0 120

~Aldin, stompily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Not sure how useful this will be, but...

RotV Sgt. Drake 110
Airborne Elite 110
Syvarris 100
Izumi Samurai 60
Deathwalker 9K 140

=520

Lots of range, fair defense, good attack for picking troops off from a distance, especially with elevation.

Hope this helps!

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Or, modifying the 400 point RotV army i made:
AE 110
KMA 210
Old Drake 320
Old Raelin 400
Kaemon Awa 520
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Cleon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems as if you picked all of the good figures and left her with the remainings, but this could hold up:

Braxas 210pt.
Nilfheim 185pt.
Kaemon Awa 120pt.

Total = 515pt.; 3 cards; 5 spaces
Old November 11th, 2008, 06:43 PM

edridtc123 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
I recommend you give her that army and find something else to play with yourself. Otherwise I suspect you won't have a sister who is willing to play in pretty short order.

Next best option:
TorKulNa 220
2xNagrubs 60
2xStingers 120
Kaemon Awa or Raelin 2.0 120

~Aldin, stompily
That's a great point. OK. That team looks fun enough to play. Thanks to everyone who came to my assistance!
Old November 11th, 2008, 08:21 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Hello fellow 'Scapers!

Today, my sister and I were drafting some armies and she decided that she wanted to play against my new competitive army. I agreed, and she drafted 520 points.

So now, I'd like to ask you, the members of this community, for a team which she can use from figures we have to beat me and still hold up against other armies.

Req's: 520 Points, Can't Include Q-9, Raelin 1.0, Krav, MW, Laglor, or [/FONT]

Did you wonder why she failed miserably?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 11th, 2008, 09:10 PM

edridtc123 Woo who?

So, after I suggested she use my team and I use Aldin's above, she insisted she use the one Aldin suggested. I allowed her to, since she wanted it so badly, and, after a lot of lucky trampling and bad placement options, I lost in a shootout between Kaemon Awa and Laglor on Arctic Divide...

Perfect! Just what I needed! Thanks Aldin!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion