Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 7th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

Tonight there is a brand new episode of No Reservations focusing on Laos. This caught me by surprise because I thought the new season was already done. Does anyone know how many new episodes are going to run? The promos I saw mentioned Laos, Columbia, Uruguay, and some other spot I can't remember right now.

I'm not sure how many folks here watch this show, but if you like travel off the beaten path and social irreverence you should check out this show. It airs on the Travel Channel tonight at 9PM ET.

Cheers,
Mark

Old July 7th, 2008, 11:23 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain

I remember posting this when I first joined this site

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...t=Reservations

One the best shows on Television. I even have a 3 of Bordain's books. I think he also going to Egypt, Dubai, Saudi Arabia and a couple of other places. Not sure how long the season is but I DVR it every Monday. Can't wait.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old July 7th, 2008, 11:28 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post

One the best shows on Television. I even have a 3 of Bordain's books. I think he also going to Egypt, Dubai, Saudi Arabia and a couple of other places. Not sure how long the season is but I DVR it every Monday. Can't wait.
i can comfirm that. I was watching the show last night and i know that dubai was in the commercial thing.

I really do love that show, he's just so snarky.
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I'm not at all surprised that you like this show. I've read three of his books too...Kitchen Confidential, Nasty Bits, and The Elements of Cooking. Are those the same three you've got Uprising? They are all great reads.

I too DVR this show religiously and I can't believe that there are no solid DVD releases out there. Why not release them by season?

Old July 7th, 2008, 11:52 AM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars View Post
Quote:

I'm not at all surprised that you like this show. I've read three of his books too...Kitchen Confidential, Nasty Bits, and The Elements of Cooking. Are those the same three you've got Uprising? They are all great reads.

I too DVR this show religiously and I can't believe that there are no solid DVD releases out there. Why not release them by season?
The 3 exact books. He spoke at a college around here and although I couldn't get tickets I went to the even anyway and purchased some of his books. Quite a turnout.

Best Buy has the first two seasons of his show.
No Reservations

This guy is living the life if you ask me. Travels the world, eats dishes from every culture and experiences things most people won't. Nice gig if you ask me.

Old July 7th, 2008, 11:55 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, and he gets to do a ton of fun things too. Like I remember he got trapeze lessons once, and another time he went to a Maori banquet type thing, and then on the Jamaica episode last night he explored Cockroach cave!
Old July 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Yeah, and he gets to do a ton of fun things too. Like I remember he got trapeze lessons once, and another time he went to a Maori banquet type thing, and then on the Jamaica episode last night he explored Cockroach cave!
Yea, he hits some rough spots just as often as he hits the good ones. There are only two episodes that I didn't really care for so far. Las Vegas and Cleveland.

Old July 7th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Are those DVDs full seasons or just hit and miss episodes?

Old July 7th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Quote:
This guy is living the life if you ask me. Travels the world, eats dishes from every culture and experiences things most people won't. Nice gig if you ask me.
I agree for the most part. Especially when he's spending endless amounts of time with beautiful women in Sao Paulo.

But to get some stories from the otherside...I remember two of my favorite chapters in Nasty Bits...one was about the cliff jump he did in Sicily. The other was about being in Indonesia and being so tired and sick that he couldn't see straight. The chapter about that cliff jump had me laughing because of how much he hated their guide in that episode - something that doesn't really come across on screen. And the other chapter really lays it out about how living such a life can take almost all of the fun out of travel.

But still I think we'd all like to try.

Old July 7th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm... I see commercials for this all the time when I watch Bizzare Foods, but have never checked it out. After seeing all this praise, I just may have to!
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I don't like travel and food shows that much, but that is irrelevant when it comes to No Reservations. Anthony is an intelligent, party animal type that is quick with the jokes and isn't' afraid to put his life, stomach, or taste buds on the line for our entertainment. I used to DVR this; I will have to get that going again.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 7th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Johnny, if you like Bizarre Foods you'll like No Reservations. And it might give you some insight into all the old grizzled bastards that hang out at this message board.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV