Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 21st, 2008, 08:43 PM

CubistDog Woo who?
CubistDog's Customs

Been lurking for a while now & thought I might make a few contributions for perusal, criticism, blah, blah, blah...

BC Scots
84th Gordon Highlanders - edit 7/23/08
(Ral Partha)

The Piper - edit 7/23/08
(Ral Partha)

Sgt Majors

I've zipped the cards and put them in the download section because there are a lot of them. If I did the wrong thing, some admin can let me know & I'll remove it.
Anyway, what I did was addign powers to the Sgt Majors based upon clan mottos & war cries. I did not include every clan because there are some repeats (I was astonished at how many use the motto "touch not the cat but with a glove") and a few I just couldn't come up with anything for.
They have not all been play tested because there are so many, but if you play one, let me know what you think.
(I'm having trouble uploading... will try again later)

UNDEAD
Skeleton Warriors (I know there are some out there already, but this is my interpretation)
(Warhammer)

Skeleton Archers
(Warhammer)

Reapers
(HeroQuest - Return of the Wich Lord Quest Pack)

Skeleton Lancers
(Warhammer)

Lord Salun Dun
(Warhammer Bretonian knight modified)

Necromancer's Spell Book
Here's a take on magic. I like the idea of using a kind of spell book that can change from game to game. There is also some volitility to them as they may either not work or remove power from the caster. Spells are drafted at the same time as the hero that is using them. These necromancy spells are addapted from the Warhammer Battle Magic syetem.

Wind of Death (from the above spell book)

Superheros
Mirage (Edited 11/18 - changed some wording to male less confusing)
(HeroClix)

Doombots
(Heroclix)

MISC:
Arbiters of Justice
(Necomunda [I think] - Arbiter Arbites)
Not the "official" paint sceme that GW had in mind, but they looked so much like Judges I had to do it.

The CubistDog

Last edited by CubistDog; November 18th, 2008 at 06:36 AM. Reason: update cards
Old July 22nd, 2008, 09:51 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: CubistDog's Customs

You have some interesteing ideas there, but I think you might be a little unpriced for the units. The Highlanders look to be about a 125 point squad, and the Piper looks to be about a 150 point hero. Just my opinion.
Wulfhunter667
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:24 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Nice Customs, though they both seem like they'd be unique...Just my opinion though.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old July 22nd, 2008, 11:59 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of The Piper, though with that 'aura' of 6, being common, and since another member of your army can take his place when dead, it looks a bit underpriced.

Forcing your opponent to disengage with any friendlys within 6 spaces and no clear sight needed, IMO, is 180+ points.

This unit could decimate common squads.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM

CubistDog Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
Nice Customs, though they both seem like they'd be unique...Just my opinion though.
For the Gordons, I decided to make them "Common" mostly because I have a bunch of them and would like to field a bunch at one time. It feels like it would go against the spirit of the game to have a unit of more than 4 (though I've seen some keen ways around that suggested & may try them some time). The BC scots were the second unit I ever painted (around 1990).

I thought about naming the Piper and thus making him Unique, but historically there are likely to have been multiple pipers on a battlefield. I've got 2 of them. Perhaps I will name them after all.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:54 PM

CubistDog Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
You have some interesteing ideas there, but I think you might be a little unpriced for the units. The Highlanders look to be about a 125 point squad, and the Piper looks to be about a 150 point hero. Just my opinion.
Wulfhunter667
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I like the idea of The Piper, though with that 'aura' of 6, being common, and since another member of your army can take his place when dead, it looks a bit underpriced.

Forcing your opponent to disengage with any friendlys within 6 spaces and no clear sight needed, IMO, is 180+ points.

This unit could decimate common squads.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I will bump those up & re-post the cards. That's the kind of advice I need. My play testing seems kind of unballanced so it's difficult for me to judge sometimes.

I think "Pick up the pipes" was another reason I wanted this to be a common hero. If someone else picks up the pipes, the wouldn't really be the same guy.... Now I'm torn! On the one hand, this ability is "historic" as I have read historic accounts of a piper falling in battle, and someone else picking the pipes up and carrying on... but at the same time I think it would honor the pipers of history if I named him. Grrrrrr. Any thoughts would be appreciated (maybe I should do a survey?)

As far as the disengagement rule, I've kind of addapted that from The Sword and the Flame http://www.zeitcom.com/majgen/924tsatf.home.html, a British Collonial miniatures game that I am quite fond of. In it, when attempting to engage in hand to hand combat, a roll determines whether or not you actually engage, hold back, or run away instead (or sometimes if the person being charged at runs away).
Old July 23rd, 2008, 05:42 AM

CubistDog Woo who?

I have changed the point values of the 84th Gordons & the Piper.

I also have this question:
There was a project I was working on of some 55 cards that I would like to post for comment & suggestion if anyone is interested in looking. I was thinking of uploading them all in a zip file rather than posting each as individual cards. Any suggestions?
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:22 PM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!
Talking Re: CubistDog's Customs

You said you have 2 of the piper figures,right? You could make a unique squad called " The Piper Brothers" or something. Just a suggestion.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:20 AM

CubistDog Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claws of Death View Post
You said you have 2 of the piper figures,right? You could make a unique squad called " The Piper Brothers" or something. Just a suggestion.
I would like to start a band...
Old July 26th, 2008, 06:28 AM

CubistDog Woo who?

Added some undead.
Old August 12th, 2008, 01:24 PM

CubistDog Woo who?

Added Arbiters of Justice.
Old August 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The scots should probably be Jandar. Otherwise they'd hafta fight their ancient counterparts and thqt would just be wrong (kinda like the AE fighting against the 4th Line).

The skeletons are very well-done. I like 'em!

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards