Utgar, red uniforms... 25 18.38%
Einar, Neutral... 89 65.44%
Jandar, maybe but then they'd be on same team as rivals, minutemen... 17 12.50%
Ullar, but British aren't real tree huggers... 1 0.74%
Vydar, because they have muskets... 4 2.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 5th, 2007, 04:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
What do zombies have to do with Lava?
They don't. They're evil.

Quote:
What do 4th mass have to do with Tundra?
They don't. They're good.

Quote:
What do vipers have to do with trees?
A lot, actually.

Quote:
Is my point getting across?
No. :P

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 5th, 2007, 04:55 PM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
What do zombies have to do with Lava?
They don't. They're evil.

Quote:
What do 4th mass have to do with Tundra?
They don't. They're good.

Quote:
What do vipers have to do with trees?
A lot, actually.

Quote:
No. :P

Basically they have nothing to do with those things but are still part of an army that has figures who are. Just because 2 out of 3 army cards for Aquilla are bug/jungle related doesn't mean that the whole of an army is going to follow that trend. That general can still have variety alongside that 'trend'. Now do you see?
Old August 5th, 2007, 04:56 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I hope they go to Aquilla. A four-figure ranged squad would go a long way toward establishing the new guy.

As far as being different from Ashigaru... well, has anyone even confirmed they're common?
but what do the redcoats have to do with jungle and bugs?
What do zombies have to do with Lava? What do 4th mass have to do with Tundra? What do vipers have to do with trees?
sort of, but insects haven't really been done yet with heroscape and i think aquilla will have a "creepy crawly" army.

giant bugs are associated with exotic rainforests with icky swamps.

lava is red, and red is sometimes seen as evil. and zombies are evil.

tundra, is white and blue. blue is good. blue is water, opposite of fire/lava. the minute men are good guys and they also wear blue.

as for the vipers, i think of some forest with a river running through it. plus, they are green.
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:

Basically they have nothing to do with those things but are still part of an army that has figures who are. Just because 2 out of 3 army cards for Aquilla are bug/jungle related doesn't mean that the whole of an army is going to follow that trend. That general can still have variety alongside that 'trend'. Now do you see?
I see what you're trying to say, yes. It's too early to say what Aquilla's 'trend' is going to be, but I doubt redcoats will have anything to do with it. Then again, Aquilla could just 'borrow' units from other generals and redcoats could make perfect sense. Only time will tell. *Waits for Rev to show up with an interesting story about the phrase 'Only time will tell'*

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:33 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I voted Einar.

I think that Einar isn't truly a bad guy anymore, but has come into his own as a real faction over the past year, so I don't think there's any stink of evil about him that could offend the Brits. He allies with Jandar on occassion, fights Utgar sometimes, and has an interesting rivalry with Jandar in the form of Valguard versus the Tarns. British troops verus the 4th Mass would continue that rivalry quite nicely.

Also, Einar has a strong military lineup....tons of soldiers. He also has representatives from a few major historical Empires.....Rome, Japan, and the fictional Einar Imperium....the massive British Empire should feel right at home.
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I hope they go to Aquilla. A four-figure ranged squad would go a long way toward establishing the new guy.

As far as being different from Ashigaru... well, has anyone even confirmed they're common?
but what do the redcoats have to do with jungle and bugs?
India!
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
*Waits for Rev to show up with an interesting story about the phrase 'Only time will tell'*
Naw, I'll let Jimmy Buffet score on that one.
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I'm thinking Jandar if they're actually Brits, Utgar if they'ren't. If Einar can have Romans AND Gladiators, I don't see why Jandar can't have British and Americans (during colonialish times).
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Let's step back from the themes and look at gameplay for a second. The designers have overridden theme before, such as when they gave everyone but Utgar a cowboy. Now, it's rare for a four-figure ranged squad to be "orphaned." Instead, they usually have some hard-wired allies/helpers within their general's forces.

DISTRIBUTION of 4-MAN RANGED TEAMS
Jandar 2 (4th Mass common, Airborne unique)
Utgar 1 (Marro Warriors unique)
Vydar 1 (Blastatrons common)
Einar 1 (Ashigaru common)
Ullar 0
Aquilla 0

YEAH RIGHT

Jandar is already in good shape with a strong common and a strong unique of this class, and the common synergizes with Gilbert and all those Valiant melee troops. He doesn't really need the redcoats, least of all at common.

The Marro Warriors have SBN to boost them and are part of Utgar's marro group. Utgar's getting so many marro squads in SotM, I don't see why he needs a human one too. And with all the figures that boost or bond with Arrow Gruts, is there really room for yet another Utgar ranged squad right now, on top of the SOTM gunner marro?

Vydar's blastatrons work well with his other robot forces and his flagbearer. He has his fully synergized 4-man shooter squad already, plus a backup ranged/ranged movement bonding group with the Nakitas and gorillas. With two movement-bonding groups loaded with shooters, he doesn't really need the militia unless they're offering some heavy synergies or are just plain awesome.

OUTSIDE CHANCES

Einar just got the Ashigaru, which work with his flagbearer, but he has no ranged unique squads whatsoever. I could see the redcoats going here only if they're unique.

Happily for my predictive abilities, the two generals with the fewest army cards are also those with no 4-man ranged squads. Ullar could definitely use the redcoats. But he's got a hero in SotM and almost certainly that full pack of elf heroes, maybe more from the molten sea pack, in Wave 8. The Aubriens currently have Acolarh, Gwyn, and Venoc Warlord to boost them-- why add in another ranged squad now when the one he has is so thematic and heavily supported, and exactly when that elf theme is getting played up?

MOST LIKELY

Aquilla. No ranged squads whatsoever. No obvious bugs or swamp-dwellers in Wave 8. Maybe one ninja or that just maybe that yellow-and-gray elf (like if they decide to give everyone an elf). If unique, maybe Ullar or Einar, but I just can't see anyone else having anywhere the chance that Aquilla has if the militia are common.
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I originally voted Einar, but I'm not considering that Einar already has the Harquebus. I'm leaning toward Aquilla at this point. I'll be shocked but not surprised if they end up Utgar.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old August 6th, 2007, 01:59 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
I originally voted Einar, but I'm not considering that Einar already has the Harquebus. I'm leaning toward Aquilla at this point. I'll be shocked but not surprised if they end up Utgar.
Me too...or...hrmph. I voted Einar but now I have doubts. I have no idea where they are going to end up.

The problem is that the wave is called "Defenders of Kinsland" and for some reason I thought this referred to either the elves or Ullar. I can't remember everything from the websight right now but I have this nagging memory buzzing at the back of my skull. The wolves, the elves, and the Templar leader from this wave are all already part of the story so I would presume that the other figures from this wave will be either part of the current story and soon afterward. If this is following anything close to the storyline in Thormun's Journal then the Redcoats have to be with Ullar/Jandar, Utgar, or the story is going to make a sharp turn and have a third party arrive. I don't think (but could be wrong) that any third party could be Aquilla as hints lead us to believe that this general will rear its head when Sarge and Co. cross over into the jungle. I am really confused and am going to just wait until the wave comes out and someone posts their stats...otherwise I risk the chance of sanity.

Old August 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I am voting Einar.....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units