Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
CupidsArt get +1 on his awesomeness.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 05:50 PM

NiteRaider is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
How is this sooooooo bad? Someone found a loop hole to force a walmart to put wave 6 out.

Wal-Mart
To heck with that, make 'em put out Wave 7 already. I want my Wave 7!!!

RRW
10/21/1935-02/01/2008
StarImpact
The Menagerie
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteRaider
Quote:
How is this sooooooo bad? Someone found a loop hole to force a walmart to put wave 6 out.

Wal-Mart
To heck with that, make 'em put out Wave 7 already. I want my Wave 7!!!
Wait, someone who also doesn't care what would happen to the other wal-Mart? Yes! Reinforcements.

But really, why are we calling each other murderers and stuff? I don't really get why this is so serious.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:12 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
What?

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:17 PM

Scape_Scrub11 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:

Wal-Mart
I want to learn how to hack your IP so I never have to read another one of your posts. It's not a bad thing right? I'll get rid of what I don't want around here and it'll get replaced with a new and improved member.

The Super Atheist
Your awesome......
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:05 AM

billcar has disabled reputation
OK to me this means I won't buy another piece of heroscape ever.I wouldn't want anyone else to do without because I might have bought the last pack of so and so wave.That would be unethical.I don't want to be unethical.

For great music go here...www.damone.net!!!!!!!
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:22 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
That's very kind of you billcar. I'm sure the other Scapers in the area will appreciate it. But if you can find one of the stores being dumped upon I'm sure you can buy plenty from there and not worry about reducing the available product for the other players. Thank you for your consideration.

Old August 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by billcar
OK to me this means I won't buy another piece of heroscape ever.I wouldn't want anyone else to do without because I might have bought the last pack of so and so wave.That would be unethical.I don't want to be unethical.
Ethics is not about "being nice." It's about not hurting other people. Taking the last pack of food from a starving family is a totally different thing than taking the last pack of heroscape from someone who already has hundreds of dollars worth. And you know it. You know that isn't the same.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah
Quote:
Ethics is not about "being nice." It's about not hurting other people. Taking the last pack of food from a starving family is a totally different thing than taking the last pack of heroscape from someone who already has hundreds of dollars worth. And you know it. You know that isn't the same.
Whenever a new wave hits store shelves, I only buy one set so that others can get some too. Later I come back and buy more if available. I'm never in any rush to flesh out my collection. Not enough to greedily snatch it all up anyway.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:45 AM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
No wait, buy all of whatever wave walmart has, wait for them to get wave 6 or 7, then return it all to the walmart u got it from
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:12 PM

Barbell Hero Woo who?
Quote:
Quote:
True dat...I just snatched the last piece of HS (a $19 tower set) out of my local Wal-Mart not 30 minutes ago right in front of some kid and his mom. I don't think they were interested in it, but it would have been funny if they were.
Old August 4th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Quote:
Whenever a new wave hits store shelves, I only buy one set so that others can get some too. Later I come back and buy more if available. I'm never in any rush to flesh out my collection. Not enough to greedily snatch it all up anyway.
Which is totally fine, and actually very nice of you. But I can't say you'd be doing something WRONG by taking what you wanted. I'm pretty sure the store feels the same way. They would certainly prefer you to buy as much as you wanted and more. More business for the store means more potential jobs. Jobs help put food on the table for people who need it. So by buying it, you may help someone in need while taking away mere entertainment from someone else. Your way, you give entertainment potential for someone (assuming someone else DOES buy it), and the store gets downsized. Okay, I'm exaggerating, obviously. My point is, I think it is difficult to say that "greedily" taking all the packs is an ethical problem. But to each his own I suppose.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion