Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #4093  
Old February 5th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Dysole's Avatar
Dysole Dysole is offline
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner
 
Join Date: March 18, 2008
Location: Oregon Eugeneish area
Posts: 15,055
Images: 252
Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Short and Stout

Dwarves x3
Mogrimm
Migol
Darrak

4/4 5 attacks a turn with either 4 dice (occasionally 6 with Darrak) or 2 with deadly strike. Plague could be annoying but I think there's enough here to kill them all really quickly. Master of the hunt ends up being relatively useless here since all the heroes defensive powers work really well against it.

~Dysole, dwarfing the competition

Where in the Masq is Dysole Sandiego?

Reply With Quote
  #4094  
Old February 15th, 2016, 10:28 PM
mtl1998 mtl1998 is offline
 
Join Date: June 13, 2013
Location: USA-IN-Asmalltown
Posts: 504
mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Short and Stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Dwarves x3
Mogrimm
Migol
Darrak

4/4 5 attacks a turn with either 4 dice (occasionally 6 with Darrak) or 2 with deadly strike. Plague could be annoying but I think there's enough here to kill them all really quickly. Master of the hunt ends up being relatively useless here since all the heroes defensive powers work really well against it.

~Dysole, dwarfing the competition
TSA x4-260
Kaemon-120
Raelin (SotM)-120

Counterstrike is the key to this game. They should be often without Raelin, so she only helps. I expect her to get a few kills as well. Kaemon is used mid to late game to finish off the tiny dwarves and their leaders. I could see this game going either way, but I'm going with the range mixed with counterstrike against your non special attacking melee.

mtl1998 is Brave Arrow...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Reply With Quote
  #4095  
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:29 AM
sword4hire's Avatar
sword4hire sword4hire is offline
 
Join Date: November 2, 2010
Location: Cape Coral, FL
Posts: 145
sword4hire knows what's in an order marker sword4hire knows what's in an order marker
Elves and whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
TSA x4-260
Kaemon-120
Raelin (SotM)-120

Counterstrike is the key to this game. They should be often without Raelin, so she only helps. I expect her to get a few kills as well. Kaemon is used mid to late game to finish off the tiny dwarves and their leaders. I could see this game going either way, but I'm going with the range mixed with counterstrike against your non special attacking melee.
Something a little unorthodox to counter counterstrike?

Aubriens x3-210
Arkmer-260
Sonlen-420
Kumiko-500

Archers spread out and Frenzy to take out Kaemon. Then send in the ninja with her barrage. Sonlen and Arkmer should easily outlast whatever is left.
Reply With Quote
  #4096  
Old February 16th, 2016, 09:25 AM
mtl1998 mtl1998 is offline
 
Join Date: June 13, 2013
Location: USA-IN-Asmalltown
Posts: 504
mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Elves and whom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword4hire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
TSA x4-260
Kaemon-120
Raelin (SotM)-120

Counterstrike is the key to this game. They should be often without Raelin, so she only helps. I expect her to get a few kills as well. Kaemon is used mid to late game to finish off the tiny dwarves and their leaders. I could see this game going either way, but I'm going with the range mixed with counterstrike against your non special attacking melee.
Something a little unorthodox to counter counterstrike?

Aubriens x3-210
Arkmer-260
Sonlen-420
Kumiko-500

Archers spread out and Frenzy to take out Kaemon. Then send in the ninja with her barrage. Sonlen and Arkmer should easily outlast whatever is left.
Zaeus-130
Gorillinators x2-180
Drake (SotM)-170
Marcu-20

Gorillinators fair well against the archers, but will fall to Kumiko if she engages them. They need to spread out as much as possible. When they grab the height, move Zaeus out to help out against the ninja. Drake does well to clean up against the ranged figures. Marcu gets a valuable glyph or sits in the back with his popcorn.

mtl1998 is Brave Arrow...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Reply With Quote
  #4097  
Old February 16th, 2016, 09:50 AM
TheTravelingScaper's Avatar
TheTravelingScaper TheTravelingScaper is offline
 
Join Date: January 20, 2014
Location: USA - CT - Sterling
Posts: 129
TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Im not sure this is a valid solution but
Deadeye Dan 60 get those pesky nators.
Krug to get those melee figs 120
Grimnak for chompin the squads 120
4 squads of marro dividers 200 bog down Zaeus and drake
500 looking real good.

Quote:
Less-than-complete understanding of the rules is bad behavior? Since when?
-@Sherman Davies;


My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Reply With Quote
  #4098  
Old February 16th, 2016, 10:25 AM
mtl1998 mtl1998 is offline
 
Join Date: June 13, 2013
Location: USA-IN-Asmalltown
Posts: 504
mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper View Post
Im not sure this is a valid solution but
Deadeye Dan 60 get those pesky nators.
Krug to get those melee figs 120
Grimnak for chompin the squads 120
4 squads of marro dividers 200 bog down Zaeus and drake
500 looking real good.
Black wyrms x10-300
Marro Warriors-50
Krav-100
Sahuagin Raiders x2-50

Black wyrms take out all of the dividers and eliminate the threat of cell divide. Whatever is left of them is to go after DED. Marro Warriors and Krav come to the party next and have some fun with the slow, melee, double-spaced heroes. I'd leave the Krav in the back if DED is still alive. The blood thirsty raiders are a last resort option against wounded heroes. They should be able to get at least one hit on each hero if need be.

mtl1998 is Brave Arrow...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Reply With Quote
  #4099  
Old February 16th, 2016, 10:30 AM
TheTravelingScaper's Avatar
TheTravelingScaper TheTravelingScaper is offline
 
Join Date: January 20, 2014
Location: USA - CT - Sterling
Posts: 129
TheTravelingScaper is surprisingly tart
Re: "I could beat that army!" Theoryscape Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingScaper View Post
Im not sure this is a valid solution but
Deadeye Dan 60 get those pesky nators.
Krug to get those melee figs 120
Grimnak for chompin the squads 120
4 squads of marro dividers 200 bog down Zaeus and drake
500 looking real good.
Black wyrms x10-300
Marro Warriors-50
Krav-100
Sahuagin Raiders x2-50

Black wyrms take out all of the dividers and eliminate the threat of cell divide. Whatever is left of them is to go after DED. Marro Warriors and Krav come to the party next and have some fun with the slow, melee, double-spaced heroes. I'd leave the Krav in the back if DED is still alive. The blood thirsty raiders are a last resort option against wounded heroes. They should be able to get at least one hit on each hero if need be.
I Got nothing. You blew whatever was left of my mind to alpha prime

Quote:
Less-than-complete understanding of the rules is bad behavior? Since when?
-@Sherman Davies;


My Tradeslist : http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51248
Reply With Quote
  #4100  
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Dysole's Avatar
Dysole Dysole is offline
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner
 
Join Date: March 18, 2008
Location: Oregon Eugeneish area
Posts: 15,055
Images: 252
Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
No Worries

Beakfaces x 9
Braxas
Marcu

Beakfaces are excellent anti range and should pretty easily kill a lot of stuff before they're all gone. Braxas can easily mop up in cleanup. Marcu is filler/early glyph grabber.

~Dysole, antirange

Where in the Masq is Dysole Sandiego?

Reply With Quote
  #4101  
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:07 PM
mtl1998 mtl1998 is offline
 
Join Date: June 13, 2013
Location: USA-IN-Asmalltown
Posts: 504
mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker
Re: No Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Beakfaces x 9
Braxas
Marcu

Beakfaces are excellent anti range and should pretty easily kill a lot of stuff before they're all gone. Braxas can easily mop up in cleanup. Marcu is filler/early glyph grabber.

~Dysole, antirange
Goblin Cutters x5-250
Charos-210
Siiv-40

Cutters for Sneaks; Charos for Braxas.

mtl1998 is Brave Arrow...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Reply With Quote
  #4102  
Old February 23rd, 2016, 01:09 PM
TREX's Avatar
TREX TREX is offline
"like" happy
 
Join Date: February 24, 2010
Location: USA- ID- PRESTON
Posts: 7,152
TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: No Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Beakfaces x 9
Braxas
Marcu

Beakfaces are excellent anti range and should pretty easily kill a lot of stuff before they're all gone. Braxas can easily mop up in cleanup. Marcu is filler/early glyph grabber.

~Dysole, antirange
Goblin Cutters x5-250
Charos-210
Siiv-40

Cutters for Sneaks; Charos for Braxas.
Isamu-10pts
Cloning Vat-0pts
49 Uncommon clones of Isamu-490pts
Isamu will just be himself x50 and kill everything.
All that aside.
Cathar Spearmenx2 150
10th Regiment X2 150
Marcus Decimus 100
Roman Legos x2 100
Cathar Spearmen to hold the line against all the goblins and siiv, also good against charos with their reach. 10th reg backed by marcus getting an enhanced wait then fire, and some legos to back marcus for any odds and ends.
Reply With Quote
  #4103  
Old February 23rd, 2016, 02:44 PM
mtl1998 mtl1998 is offline
 
Join Date: June 13, 2013
Location: USA-IN-Asmalltown
Posts: 504
mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker mtl1998 knows what's in an order marker
Range>Melee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Cathar Spearmenx2 150
10th Regiment X2 150
Marcus Decimus 100
Roman Legos x2 100
Cathar Spearmen to hold the line against all the goblins and siiv, also good against charos with their reach. 10th reg backed by marcus getting an enhanced wait then fire, and some legos to back marcus for any odds and ends.
DED-60
Syvarris-100
Zetacron-60
Deathwalker 8000-130
Major Q10-150

An OM nightmare for sure, but it should do fine against all the melee. DW8K should have some fun against the average attack and defense squads. Syvarris would start and assumably take out a bit over a squad of whatever you open with. Once Syvarris inevitably falls, DW8K comes next and has fun with the special attack. Zetacron will be for Marcus whenever the opportunity arises. Major Q10 serves as fantastic cleanup against all of your army using Machine Pistol as much as possible until Q10 is engaged. DED doesn't do much, but he has the highest range in the game and that's kinda the entire point in my counter.

mtl1998 is Brave Arrow...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Reply With Quote
  #4104  
Old February 26th, 2016, 03:14 PM
dart48's Avatar
dart48 dart48 is offline
 
Join Date: June 5, 2009
Location: U.S.-Idaho-Burley
Posts: 490
dart48 knows what's in an order marker dart48 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Range>Melee???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
DED-60
Syvarris-100
Zetacron-60
Deathwalker 8000-130
Major Q10-150

An OM nightmare for sure, but it should do fine against all the melee. DW8K should have some fun against the average attack and defense squads. Syvarris would start and assumably take out a bit over a squad of whatever you open with. Once Syvarris inevitably falls, DW8K comes next and has fun with the special attack. Zetacron will be for Marcus whenever the opportunity arises. Major Q10 serves as fantastic cleanup against all of your army using Machine Pistol as much as possible until Q10 is engaged. DED doesn't do much, but he has the highest range in the game and that's kinda the entire point in my counter.
Axegriders x5 350
Q10 500

Dwarves cause they are fun and should handle all your large units. Q10 to cause a break in the fabric of reality from meeting himself

Keep your hints rational!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"XXXX Point Army" thread compilation Killometer Competitive Armies Discussion 53 June 1st, 2013 05:44 PM
Strongest "Themed" Army? (Class/Species) HyperactiveSloth Official Units 28 January 12th, 2013 12:53 PM
PochoMan's Custom "Classic" Army Cards PochoMan Custom Units & Army Cards 46 March 10th, 2011 07:21 PM
An Open Letter to "Help Me Build an Army" Threads Nooblar Scapers Online 16 July 15th, 2008 09:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 AM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.