Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 27th, 2013, 12:09 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
An SoV general question -- is using speciality dice OK? Not everyone has them and they're not cheap to acquire....
That depends on the judge. I would be fine with reusing Valkyrie dice. I'm against using white dice.
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:36 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

White dice are actually cheap to acquire.

White dice and valkyrie dice are effectively the same; blanks = symbols. However, VC policy thus far has been to never use powers that require white dice, although we may allow powers that use "Valkyrie dice," recognizing that those without Valkyrie dice will use their white dice.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:59 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
An SoV general question -- is using speciality dice OK? Not everyone has them and they're not cheap to acquire....
That depends on the judge. I would be fine with reusing Valkyrie dice. I'm against using white dice.
Old September 27th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
Well you can just use the white dice that are pretty standard that have blanks on them. Blanks=Symbol.
Yea, I thought of that, and I for one would be much happier if you just said it that way.

The only problem is that these are the version 2 dice, the originals (which I have to say I don't like these days) would need to be differentiated. Perhaps something like:

"or with the white combat dice the one blank counts as a shield."

But I suspect the people over at SOV will be a little... disturbed by requiring rare dice to use a unit. You should work on the wording so that us mere mortals can use the unit.

And about the original question. I like the idea of a common hero, except that would mean he had two bonding powers. That is unprecedented. And 4 special abilities, that has precedent and the precedent is "well at least two of them better be standard." That's Sonya for you. I doubt the SOV would pass Sonya.

Honestly I think you should just accept that the SOV will never ratify this squad. Availability or two bonding powers on the same card? I can't see them being happy with either option.

Combat Prowess is cool, but Lithoderms is mighty strange. Why not go with a standard like one shield defense/tough/warforged resolve? Or just drop it entirely? If you go the common hero route that's a way forward.

Also, why are these guys hunters? When I read the card I imagine them being on a castle wall, watching for the invaders. That's what they look like too. I don't see them in a forest which is what hunter invokes. Of course I know nothing about Goliaths.
Old September 27th, 2013, 08:49 AM

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth

Kroc, it would not require two bonding powers:
"After revealing an Order Marker and before taking a turn with a Skywatcher, you may take a turn with two other Goliath heroes you control."
That would do the trick neatly in one power. Whether that one power would be acceptable in that form... I don't know. I still don't like it in any form.

--

--
Maps Customs Trades
Old September 27th, 2013, 08:59 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
White dice are actually cheap to acquire.

White dice and valkyrie dice are effectively the same; blanks = symbols. However, VC policy thus far has been to never use powers that require white dice, although we may allow powers that use "Valkyrie dice," recognizing that those without Valkyrie dice will use their white dice.
Thanks for the clarification.

<goes to draw Valkyrie symbols on his dice with a Sharpie>
Old September 27th, 2013, 09:07 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

So I've been messing around with this guy for a while, and you all have been really helpful with feedback on him. I have a new version of Lord Revadac's "go insane" power, which I think works better and requires no in-turn die rolling. Hoping to get some feedback on "Fit of Madness" and if I'm missing something wrong with it. Thanks!

Lord Revadac
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 27th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I have no issues with this version of Lord Revadac. The current version of Fit of Madness takes care of the issues I had with it before.
Old September 27th, 2013, 11:29 AM
2-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Much of my point of view of the customs/game is from the Onlinescape enviroment. I play perhaps 2 live face to fact tournaments a year and never play outside of that at home.

Online I play in 6-7 tournaments a year, in the application there is a easy way to just check valk dice. So I guess it is something I really never think about.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old September 30th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
So I've been messing around with this guy for a while, and you all have been really helpful with feedback on him. I have a new version of Lord Revadac's "go insane" power, which I think works better and requires no in-turn die rolling. Hoping to get some feedback on "Fit of Madness" and if I'm missing something wrong with it. Thanks!

Lord Revadac
Spoiler Alert!
I've loved Lord R since the first version. This version is clear, doesn't suffer from any of the weaknesses seen before, I love it, what more needs to be said?

I am... a little concerned that he might be too cheap. 6L/4A/3D is an awful lot for 110 points. Yea, you've got a negative and that cool bonding that requires you to risk the negative. That's nasty. I like it, but still be sure to run him through the mill extensively to be sure he's costed right.
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:26 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alexander Drake v1 also costs 110 and is 5L/6A/3D, plus the very nice thorian speed. And drake v1 is not really overpowered.
I don't think the price is too low.
Old October 1st, 2013, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
Alexander Drake v1 also costs 110 and is 5L/6A/3D, plus the very nice thorian speed. And drake v1 is not really overpowered.
I don't think the price is too low.
My thoughts as well; nothing particularly underpriced about this figure. The undead boost is nice, but even with it he might still be overpriced.

--

--
Maps Customs Trades

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards