Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 30th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Quote:
Playing a solo game of Arkham Horror and again thinking how I need to make a copy of the board I can mount on a piece of metal and magnetized pieces so I can hang it on the wall to free up table space.
Heyo,

I just picked up Arkham Horror after thinking about it for about 10 months. A local comic shop had a 1/2 off board games sale and this time I figured why not. I bought it mainly for solo play, and perhaps an occasional game day play.

How do you like it playing solo and approximately how long does a solo game take?

- Raider30
I like it solo...time wise depends on how you play it...I usually play with 2 or 3 investigators so technically it isn't "solo". The intensity level is the same as playing with more people but it does lack some of the interaction/laughs/groans you get playing with others.
I've never played solo Arkham, but the way I have enjoyed the game most has been by playing 2 investigators each player (usually 3 people x 2 investigators each).
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Greetings,

Played a game of Food Fight with the boys and wife tonight. My wife won. Still a learning process with some of the cards but it went pretty quick tonight. I'd say about 25 minutes for a 4 player game. Not bad at all. One of the boys pulled off a Waffle and Chicken combo and thought that was the greatest thing since sliced bread(yeah, yeah, it's a food reference but hey, the game is Food Fight!)

I also played 2 games of Legend of Drizzt. Solo, Adventure 1 and lost both times, mainly because I wasn't paying attention to my experience points to use to cancel encounters, and my other abilities. Next time I play I think it will go pretty easy using Drizzt. He's a pretty powerful character.

- Raider30
Old November 30th, 2011, 10:39 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
I also played 2 games of Legend of Drizzt. Solo, Adventure 1 and lost both times, mainly because I wasn't paying attention to my experience points to use to cancel encounters, and my other abilities. Next time I play I think it will go pretty easy using Drizzt. He's a pretty powerful character.

- Raider30
Drizzt is a power house! I don't think any of the other characters even comes close.

SEE YOU @ GEN CON 2014!
Old December 1st, 2011, 12:29 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

That's the one thing I really dislike about Legend of Drizzt. Making him that powerful is very immature. In fact, all of the characters in the game seem more powerful than Wrath of Ashardalon and Castle Ravenloft. Each character in Drizzt gets two Utility powers instead of one, and the Drow can take additional Drow utilites.

I really hate the whole D&D Drow thing. They are supposed to be the "most awesomely awesomest of awesome," or some crap like that. I feel like I am dealing with 14-year-olds.

I also dislike that there are no level 6 Villains in Drizzt. Both of the other games have two level 6 Villains, and a slew of level 5 villains. This game just has level 5 Villains - even the Humongous Demon!

However, what I do like about Drizzt:
1) The new tiles, such as the narrow passages that cause -4 AC to monsters and Heroes.
2) The monsters with more than 2hp and worth 4 experience.
3) The treasure chests.
4) The corner tiles that close off the caverns.
5) The water elementals!
6) The competitive scenarios and team scenarios.

Old December 1st, 2011, 09:03 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Today -

Fairy Tale - Just a great filler game. I really enjoy it's simplicity but depth.

Wrath of Ravenloft (Yes I did that on purpose. We combine them) - Played with my 7 and 3 year old daughters. Long story short - we had burned both our healing surges and my oldest and I were w/in 2 hps of death when my 3 year old starting rolling 20s like they were going out of style. She single handedly killed 4 monsters on her last turn to secure the win with 3 20s and an 18.

SW Minis - Chewbacca "who's your daddy" Wookie just owned everything the poor emperor threw at him.

I'm hoping to get a game or 2 of Hinterlands in with the wife tonight since we just got it today.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:26 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Greetings,

Well for the *third* night in a row we had gaming going on at the Raider household. Tonight's choice was Survive! One I really like, but that we haven't played in a long, long time. We got it set up and off we went. Just using the regular Survive! game, no dolphins or squids.

The boys had a blast double crossing each other(don't eat me and I won't eat you...oh wait yes I will!), and dropping me into the water. But ultimately it was my wife who pulled out the victory. She had 3 people make it to safety and won with 10 points. I came in next at 7 and the boys tied at 4.

We use a house rule where we do not look at the point value of the people before placing them. This way if someone's high point person is killed they don't lose too much interest. It's always a surprise at the end to see who wins. It's a shocker when a person with only 1 survivor ends up beating someone who has 2 or even 3. But it also keeps the game interesting.

- Raider30
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Lost the last solo game of Arkham Horror...things looked good for awhile and then the dice betrayed me. Just reset the board for another game...this time going to try it with Michael McGlen, Bob Jenkins and Mandy Thompson vs Cthulu. Wish me luck.
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:44 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Played a few games of Yali and a couple games of Khet.

I won at Yali each time but only by one move in one of the games.

I won the first game of Khet and lost the second due to getting too excited about my one-move-from-victory position to notice that my wife also had a one-move-from-victory position and she got to go first. She gloated over that one for sure.

Oh well, happy wife, happy life. Now, off to bed with a happy wife.
Old December 1st, 2011, 11:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Lost the last solo game of Arkham Horror...things looked good for awhile and then the dice betrayed me. Just reset the board for another game...this time going to try it with Michael McGlen, Bob Jenkins and Mandy Thompson vs Cthulu. Wish me luck.
Good luck!

Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No gaming, just painting. Here is a bit of a gang for All Things Zombie.

More pics and info on my blog.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I really hate the whole D&D Drow thing. They are supposed to be the "most awesomely awesomest of awesome," or some crap like that. I feel like I am dealing with 14-year-olds.
They're really not. They were originally just supposed to be a monster class until Drizz't, who banked on the whole anti-hero appeal. Basically drawing in the whole "I'm dark and broody but a precious snowflake deep down" crowd that makes vampires the stock hero these days. Then, aw never mind, this explains it as well as anything else can:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0044.html
Old December 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

RISK LEGACY

I should say something else so I don't look like a bot. Such a fun game. I want to play it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games