Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 5th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
# of Themed Armies

Aside from the obvious Orc army and Marro army, what other themes exist for, say, a 600pt battle?

I'm surprised that, so far, there really aren't any other clearly developed themed armies in Heroscape. And the two obvious themes BOTH belong to Utgar! And the next closest one, the Soulborgs, mostly belong to Utgar as well.

What other 600 pt themed army could be put together in a battle against the Marro and the Orc. (in other words, what theme could you build without using any of the Marro or Orc units... so no using Me-Burq-Sa in a Roman army...)

And could any other 600 pt themed army potentially stand up to the Orc and/or Marro?

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 5th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Soldiers
Vipers
Old July 5th, 2006, 11:39 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
How about a total Roman/Greek 600 pt. army?

Marcus
Parmenio
Roman Legion X 3
Sacred Band X 3
Roman Archers X 2

I think if played right, they would fair pretty well against either the Marro or Orc army. I'm not saying its the best army, but if you ar looking for a theme...

OR

Venoc Warlord
Theracus
Armoc Vipers X 2
EOV
Aubrien Archers X 3

I think you could do pretty good with this army as well.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old July 5th, 2006, 11:43 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I have to disagree Vydar has a lot more soulborgs than Utgar, if you have multiple commons if not then Vydar has one more for now.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 5th, 2006, 11:49 PM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
There are lots of "Theme armies" you could make, they just wouldn't be great

Soulbourg army
Dragon army
Kyrii Army

etc
Old July 6th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Or, expand Jason's Kyrie Army idea to make it a Viking army using mortals and Kyries.
I guess there's just not quite enough to do a cowboy army.
Certainly people have done dragon armies, though.
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: the Soulborgs... Utgar has the heart of the army (9000, 8000, 7000, Zettians). Granted, one could make a Soulborg theme army and leave out 7000, but I think the army would be "soul-less' without 9000, 8000, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum. But a pure soulborg army would be challenging to play, potentially competitive, and even more doable once the new Blastatrons are released!

And I agree with Nether that a soldier theme army could do well. 4th Mass, Marcus, Romans, Drake, AE -- could be formidable. (plus fairly mobile as long as Marcus stays alive.

The Kyrie Army idea would be a complete flop in terms of competitiveness. NO RANGED UNITS = certain death. The Kyrie would be cut down from afar before they could engage the enemy. (Come on Hasbro... give us at least one little 3-member ranged Kyrie squad!!) The Sentinels can work wonders in closing the gap on ranged units with their Shields of Valor, but we all know how fickle the blue dice can be.

The Viper/Elf theme has potential, but I don't think it would have the needed staying power. No true Brute Heros to throw in the mix. (Venoc Warlord, IMHO, doesn't rank as a brute). I think the Vipers need a new unit to add to the mix.... either a large Venoc Beast or a Viper Shaman.

The Roman/Greek army would get squashed in short order. First off, I have no respect whatsoever for the Greeks. Any power that relies on constant adjacency (Parmenio death defy / Khosumet Relentless Assault) is fairly worthless. And the archers can be effective against heroes, but would be shooting spitwads at a swarm of Orcs or Drones.

The Dragon Army could be good, but I've never really seen an army of only huge units do well. For 600pts, a person could field what, 3 dragons? A good combo might be Charos, Mimring, and Nilfhiem. Not sure how well they'd hold up in the long run... anyone have much luck playing all dragon armies?

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm wanting to do more themed army battles, and this discussion will help to iron out some of the possibilities to create a balanced match-up for 3 or 4 players.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM

Oprime is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Soldiers
Thats one of my fav's

Marcus 100
Drake 110
AE 110
Legions x2 100
4th Mass x2 140

Then usualy Guilty to round out the points = 590
Old July 6th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i've done the Orc/Mimring/Krug, Roman/Greek, Marro/Wulsinu, Viper themes in a game. (gonna have to try the Viper theme again with Theracus tossed in for one less squad of Venocs...)

A Valiant themed army centered around Charos and 4th Mass could be fun. been wanting to try that.

actually, i was scribbling down some theme combo's on paper once and found that 520 points works well. and what works better is having a team of 2 players focus on the same theme (and complimentary SPs), each with 520 points.

now if i could only find that piece of paper...
Old July 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Here's an army:

Gorillinators
Dund
Zettians
Khosumet
DW7K
Valguard

You tell me the theme....

:P

Old July 6th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Here's an army:

Gorillinators
Dund
Zettians
Khosumet
DW7K
Valguard

The Island of Misfit Toys Theme?

Old July 6th, 2006, 11:41 AM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Here's an army:

Gorillinators
Dund
Zettians
Khosumet
DW7K
Valguard

I think the theme is a "lose every single game youever played with this team" army.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion