Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:26 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Any discussion about proxies is also premature because the cards being shown have not yet been fully playtested or edited. For example:

Quote:
ROLLING MOVEMENT
A Necrotech Wraithriders cannot move onto a space 2 levels above its base.
should probably read:

Quote:
ROLLING MOVEMENT
A Necrotech Wraithriders cannot move onto a space 2 or more levels above its base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Fortunately, they quickly showed more elaborate terrain builds. Wish they all weren't so massive. Hopefully newer players won't think a big battlefield is the best way to enjoy the game.
I like big maps and I cannot lie.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:35 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since we're getting multi life squad figures where the wound markers are placed on the base of the individual figure, the same could be done for uncommon heroes in the future which would be helpful. That way we can better track which ones have which wounds
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:43 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just finished watching. Fan-freaking-tastic video! No talk of where was this when the campaign launched. It's here now, it's awesome and there's still two weeks go. Hells yeah!

-insert signature here-
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:49 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
Since we're getting multi life squad figures where the wound markers are placed on the base of the individual figure, the same could be done for uncommon heroes in the future which would be helpful. That way we can better track which ones have which wounds
Each uncommon hero is supposed to have its own card. You place the wound markers on the card.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:52 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Each uncommon hero is supposed to have its own card. You place the wound markers on the card.
Right but then you still have to remember which card belongs to which model on the battlefield.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:56 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

That's what the stickers were for

-insert signature here-
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:57 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Right but then you still have to remember which card belongs to which model on the battlefield.
It would be nice if they came with a few different colored stickers to match up cards with minis, that's how my local group always handled it. Of course, with them being unpainted, I'll just be giving them different color schemes

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
wait they actually did come with stickers? I bought all mine second hand so I had no idea

Last edited by orgsbane; November 2nd, 2022 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Edited because I sounded sarcastic lol
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:58 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh right. I forgot about the little stickers!

I do like the base wound markers though.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 01:59 PM

AStickInTheMud is surprisingly tart

Having never played with uncommon heroes, only the multi life squads from AotP, the small cubes were useful, but fairly cumbersome. The proposed small wound markers that clip(?) onto the bases would be a really nice quality of life.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStickInTheMud View Post
Having never played with uncommon heroes, only the multi life squads from AotP, the small cubes were useful, but fairly cumbersome.

Those small cubes on the bases of the minis were the dumbest idea to come out of Magic: AotP. If I wanted to play a game of Operation, I'd play a game of Operation.
Old November 2nd, 2022, 02:11 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It would be nice if they came with a few different colored stickers to match up cards with minis, that's how my local group always handled it. Of course, with them being unpainted, I'll just be giving them different color schemes

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
wait they actually did come with stickers? I bought all mine second hand so I had no idea

I like the idea of painting them different colors better than using stickers to distinguish them; nonetheless having the wounds on the base would be more convenient than putting them on multiple identical cards
Old November 2nd, 2022, 02:15 PM

Even if you could put tiny wound markers on the bases of uncommon heroes, each would still need its own card for the purpose of order marker placement, so you may as well use those cards to hold wound markers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion