Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 19th, 2015, 11:00 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: GCF - Grishnakh Superhero Customs - Design Discussion Th

Huh, I did not know the Question uses guns. In Deductive Reasoning you could just say 'view that order marker', instead of going through all this 'reveal, but not really' rigmarole.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Huh, I did not know the Question uses guns. In Deductive Reasoning you could just say 'view that order marker', instead of going through all this 'reveal, but not really' rigmarole.
I thought I recalled seeing that in one of his bios but now that you mention it he's more about hand-to-hand combat, which is where he'd add the extra dice he gets from his Deductive Reasoning anyway. That's the way one of the first drafts of his card portrayed him (more martial arts oriented) but it got too powerful with his ability to add dice (at least using the same martial arts powers we've already established).

I'll update his card a bit later today and remove the guns. We'll wait to see if anyone else has a comment before hand though.
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I went ahead and updated his card.

The text on the bottom left is the current way we word any martial arts kinda power. Perhaps we should look at somehow incorporating those? Just trying to avoid yet another punchy character. This guy should be more cerebral in nature.

Last edited by Grishnakh; June 19th, 2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old June 19th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Question Intimidates the likes of Thor and Hulk?
Also is he supposed to Intimidate friendly figures?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Question Intimidates the likes of Thor and Hulk?
Also is he supposed to Intimidate friendly figures?
Good points. This is the first time we've tried something like Intimidate and I'm not too sure I'm a fan of it. Easy enough to add "opponents figures" to the ability, but who he intimidates is a different story.
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:06 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

In C3G land we would go with a Superstrength restriction.
I think a point value restriction would work nicely(something C3G is currently against).
A Life value restriction may work nicely.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Titleless

Quote:
In C3G land we would go with a Superstrength restriction.
I think a point value restriction would work nicely(something C3G is currently against).
A Life value restriction may work nicely.
We are definitely working on cards that use point values during play, so there will be a precedent. For example our upcoming Lex Luthor takes advantage of the point value card statistic for a couple of skills. In all honestly it was the first thing I thought of as well. He only intimidates figures that are point costed at (say) 150 points or less.

The only question is: is Intimidate an appropriate skill for him?
Old June 19th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Titleless

Maybe we're going about this ability wrong. When it comes to DC we usually are not creating characters based on the New 52, but rather following the older versions of the characters. But the Question has had three different versions, one at Charlton Comics, and two at DC. So, perhaps in this case, we should blend the various incarnations of the Question.

From Comic Vine here's the powers we probably should be attempting to model:

Illusion / Misdirection - continued use of the gas to bond his mask has allowed Vic to enter a hallucinogenic state much like that of native medicine men. In this state he has taught himself mild mystical abilities. He can cast illusions that affect the minds perception of things. These illusions affect even the greater senses of Superman. They could not fool the electronic detection equipment of Inter-gang monitoring from afar but could make him invisible to those present. He can make himself appear to be someone else. He can also make subtle suggestions that others can take as their own thoughts.

Martial Arts - He is a highly skilled martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant. When Shiva visited Hub city she saw promise in the Question and challenged him. She won of course but was convinced a great warrior layed beneath the surface. She sent him to Richard Dragon to be trained further. After this training he fared much better in a rematch though Shive is still his better. She did comment that he had lost some of his killer edge.

Exceptional Detective Skills and Higher Intelligence

So, instead of Intimidation what about this:

BINARY GAS ILLUSION
All opponents figures adjacent to the Question subtract 1 from their defense, down to a minimum of 1. Binary Gas Illusion does not work against Androids and Robots.

I can add in the Martial Arts skills, and the Exceptional Detective Skills should be covered by his order marker guessing. That might make him fun to play, especially against figures that hog order markers.

I think we'll revamp the card a bit to reflect those thoughts and then see what we have.
Old June 19th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Titleless

I feel like the Question is starting to come together. At least close enough to test play him. Still a bit shaking about the wording of his first ability.

We also added in his martial arts abilities. But he is only effective as much as his deductive reasoning allows him to be. If he doesn't quite understand the situation he's up against he's fairly weak. Especially with his base attack and defense. It's only when he reads the situation correctly does he become a threat for the round.

Of course this makes him a dangerous end game figure. Or against an order marker hog, or even Loki, who starts the game with an additional X order marker. That would give the Question 5 guess instead of the normal 4.

Old June 19th, 2015, 01:48 PM

Re: GCF - Design Discussion Thread - Currently - The Questio

Looking good.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 19th, 2015, 07:22 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Looking good.
Thanks. By the way I'm thinking about doing Powdered Toast Man next. Anyone seen a mini for him?
Old June 20th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Titleless

OK. I was kidding about Powdered Toast Man. I was just curious if anyone was listening. Still, he could be fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations