Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 6th, 2017, 03:36 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Help With Wurdz

Well met!

The Undead player shall have two sets of Order Markers (OMs). One set shall be placed on Squad Cards (Unique or Common), and the other on Hero Cards, unless there are only Hero or Squad Cards remaining, in which case all the OMs may be placed on Cards of the remaining type. Each Round, the Undead player rolls for Initiative only once, and reveals OMs on two cards per turn, and takes a turn with each of them, after which a "full turn" is considered to have been taken.

I know this can be clearer . . .

Old September 6th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

My eyes!

You are right, this can be clearer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
The Undead player shall have two sets of Order Markers (OMs). One set shall be placed on Squad Cards (Unique or Common), and the other on Hero Cards, unless there are only Hero or Squad Cards remaining, in which case all the OMs may be placed on Cards of the remaining type. Each Round, the Undead player rolls for Initiative only once, and reveals OMs on two cards per turn, and takes a turn with each of them, after which a "full turn" is considered to have been taken.
Let's see:
The player controlling the undead horde uses two sets of order markers. One set must be used on hero cards, and the other set must be used on squad cards. If either (1) that player's heroes are all destroyed, or (2) that player's squads are all destroyed, the corresponding set of order markers may now be used for any army card remaining in the player's army.

The player controlling the undead horde rolls only one initiative die. When revealing order markers and taking turns, that player takes a turn with both sets of order markers, in either order. After the player controlling the undead horde has taken a turn with both order markers, that player's turn is over and it is the next player's turn.
Did I understand that correctly? My overall strategy was to streamline punctuation and organize with numbers and paragraphs.

What do you think?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 6th, 2017, 04:32 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

The Undead Horde.
The player controlling the Undead Horde uses two sets of order markers. One set must be used on hero cards, and the other set must be used on squad cards. If either (1) that player's heroes are all destroyed, or (2) that player's squads are all destroyed, the corresponding set of order markers may now be used for any army card remaining in the player's army.

The player controlling the Undead Horde rolls only one initiative die. When revealing order markers and taking turns, that player takes a turn with both sets of order markers, in either order. After the player controlling the Undead Horde has taken a turn with both order markers, that player's turn is over and it is the next player's turn.

Thanks!

Old September 6th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You got it, buddy. Have fun!

= =
Old January 2nd, 2018, 01:40 AM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

@Dad Scaper here you go! Looking for a little help with wordz..I'm an engineer so naturally I would choose numbers over words any day

Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this! I'm sure this won't be the last time I utilize your skills!
Spoiler Alert!
Old January 2nd, 2018, 02:59 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Wow, this is a mouthful. Thank you for sharing it with me.

I like the idea of a laser defense power. What you have here is very complex, and I'm going to encourage you firmly to limit it to normal attacks. Special Attacks can have all kinds of weird effects and mechanics, and you are looking for trouble by writing something like the attack "immediately ends." What about, for instance, an SA that might permit the attacker to move after attacking? I would not go there, with something this complex already.

I'm also going to try to simplify by removing some slippery game concepts that are not necessary, I don't think, to get the effect you want.

Without further ado:
When an opponent's figure uses a normal attack against Guardian 37 or a figure with within 3 clear sight spaces of Guardian 37, and the figures are not adjacent to each other, you may roll the 20-sided die. Count the minimum number of spaces between the attacking figure and the defending figure. Add this number to your die roll. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, the targeted figure takes no damage.
I removed the concept of targeting and tried to clean up the opening bit. The more I think about it the more I suspect that Special Attacks would be a bridge too far here.

Is the idea that the things on his face are lasers? If so, that's fine. If, on the other hand, the idea is that he's intercepting attacks from the shoulder-mounted devices, then we can discuss alternate names that might better hit that theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
@Dad Scaper here you go! Looking for a little help with wordz..I'm an engineer so naturally I would choose numbers over words any day

Thanks again for taking the time to help me with this! I'm sure this won't be the last time I utilize your skills!
Spoiler Alert!

= =
Old January 2nd, 2018, 05:15 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Wow, this is a mouthful. Thank you for sharing it with me.

I like the idea of a laser defense power. What you have here is very complex, and I'm going to encourage you firmly to limit it to normal attacks. Special Attacks can have all kinds of weird effects and mechanics, and you are looking for trouble by writing something like the attack "immediately ends." What about, for instance, an SA that might permit the attacker to move after attacking? I would not go there, with something this complex already.

I'm also going to try to simplify by removing some slippery game concepts that are not necessary, I don't think, to get the effect you want.

Without further ado:
When an opponent's figure uses a normal attack against Guardian 37 or a figure with within 3 clear sight spaces of Guardian 37, and the figures are not adjacent to each other, you may roll the 20-sided die. Count the minimum number of spaces between the attacking figure and the defending figure. Add this number to your die roll. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, the targeted figure takes no damage.
I removed the concept of targeting and tried to clean up the opening bit. The more I think about it the more I suspect that Special Attacks would be a bridge too far here.

Is the idea that the things on his face are lasers? If so, that's fine. If, on the other hand, the idea is that he's intercepting attacks from the shoulder-mounted devices, then we can discuss alternate names that might better hit that theme.
Thanks for the input! I really liked how you change it, and I feel like it captures what I was going for. I agree that the SA issue would just open up way too many concerns with gameplay, and being realistic in all.

I started with the idea that the shoulder-mounted weapons would intercept attacks, but I decided to use the big guys for his SA. Do you think it would be too much to expect the rocket launchers to block attacks and launch a barrage on an opponent's figure/figures? If I chose to use the shoulder-mount weapons what would you suggest calling it? I thought "Flare Response", but I'm not sold on it.
Old January 2nd, 2018, 05:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

It works as the face-mounted lasers. I don't want to discourage you from using that idea. But here are some ideas for a missile-based defense system:

Intercepting Flares (riffing on your "Flare Response," which I also like)
Interceptors
AEGIS (without explanation, but a reference to the ballistic defense system, and doubling - as in real life - with the use of "aegis" as "shield")

Or your own Flare Response, which I also like.

Thank you for your kind words. You're welcome.

= =
Old January 9th, 2018, 02:29 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Help With Wurdz: Abomination Edition!

Hey D_S! Would you mind giving this a once over? It's only for personal gaming, but I'd like to avoid rules lawyering later on, especially since I'm the group's rules rules lawyer . Thanks!

Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 9th, 2018, 06:34 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks for sharing! I love the theme in this power set. It looks excellent.

I actually don't have much to add here. Some bellyachers might deliberately read Corrupt Throne to allow for multiple Lizard Kings, so I just added the word "instead" at the end:

CORRUPT THRONE
At the end of each round, if this Lizard Abomination is the Lizard King for the Greenscale Warriors, you may choose another Lizardfolk Unique Hero to be the Lizard King for the Greenscale Warriors instead.

I don't like the language "is considered to be," because it doesn't really add anything. Abomination is good enough as-is, but this is how I'd write it:

ABOMINATION
In addition to the race Lizardfolk, this Lizard Abomination has the race Mindflayer.

I hope that helps. Uncommon heroes create confusion and corner cases without any extra burden from the text of their powers, but that can't really be avoided. Have fun!

= =
Old January 10th, 2018, 04:52 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Much appreciated and duly noted!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old March 23rd, 2018, 01:18 PM
I could go

Back again, @Dad_Scaper . Mind helping out with Xinoth's Double Barrage?

DOUBLE BARRAGE
When Xinoth attacks with a normal attack, he may attack again with a normal attack. When Xinoth attacks with a special attack on this Army Card, he may attack again with that special attack.

I don't like this wording, but can't figure out how to improve it. I want Xinoth to be able to use the same attack twice in a row (he has 2 special attacks, similar to Major Q10). Any thoughts?

Special Note: We have a custom unit who lets other units use it's special attack, as well as siege engines/treasure glyphs that grant units special attacks. I don't want Double Barrage to affect those, so I included the "Special Attacks on this Army Card" bit.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards