Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old July 31st, 2010, 08:12 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Doombot - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I like what I see here fellas. These doom bots are really cool. One tweak:

DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom, and he receives enough wounds to be destroyed, immediately after removing him from the battlefield, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage. Destroy one Doombot you control, and then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot. snip 8<
Actually, I am not sure I agree with that change. As I read it, Doom would be destroyed (taking all necessary wounds) then he saves on a 6 or higher, then he would ignore all damage... but he would have already received that damage. So I have to either take your suggestion and a step further with this change "remove all wounds markers from Doctor Doom's card". Or I could stick with the front page.

Now your suggestion + my addition, would increase his power, and I haven't playtested it that way, but it is how I had it originally. How does everyone feel about this? We have 24 hours though, and then I am making a proposition.
No you're right. I was looking at it hastily and I still feel that the last line seems clunky. You guys are treating it like a teleport. If Dr Doom is really not there at all, then leaving engagements shouldn't factor in at all. It's a theme thing. But yes my attempt at a hasty fix really would itself need examination. There is also other abilities like cyberclaw that would trump this correct? My thinking is that you almost have to follow through with the destruction in order to conduct the ability.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Last edited by Grungebob; July 31st, 2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:23 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like what I see here fellas. These doom bots are really cool. One tweak:

DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom, and he receives enough wounds to be destroyed, immediately after removing him from the battlefield, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage. Destroy one Doombot you control, and then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot. snip 8<
Actually, I am not sure I agree with that change. As I read it, Doom would be destroyed (taking all necessary wounds) then he saves on a 6 or higher, then he would ignore all damage... but he would have already received that damage. So I have to either take your suggestion and a step further with this change "remove all wounds markers from Doctor Doom's card". Or I could stick with the front page.

Now your suggestion + my addition, would increase his power, and I haven't playtested it that way, but it is how I had it originally. How does everyone feel about this? We have 24 hours though, and then I am making a proposition.
No you're right. I was looking at it hastily and I still feel that the last line seems clunky. You guys are treating it like a teleport. If Dr Doom is really not there at all, then leaving engagements shouldn't factor in at all. It's a theme thing. But yes my attempt at a hasty fix really would itself need examination. There is also other abilities like cyberclaw that would trump this correct? My thinking is that you almost have to follow through with the destruction in order to conduct the ability.
Yeah, Cyberclaw does/should trump this, but to what extent is not currently clear.

I think destroying Doctor Doom first is going to be necessary after all.
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:26 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

How does that look?
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
How does that look?
That looks better to me, but of course with this change would come another look at the checklist. Sorry to be a pain.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 31st, 2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Quote:
How does that look?
That looks better to me, but of course with this change would come another look at the checklist. Sorry to be a pain.
Not a pain at all. That is usually the type of stuff we catch earlier on than this or if not, our ERB people do, but most of us here have been a bit.... distracted lately , and not paying much attention to my little bots. But yeah, a new check list and some testing is probably going to affect their cost a good deal, as a completely revived Doom is pretty powerful, and I don't want to make them obsolete by bumping the D20 roll up either, cause if there isn't a good chance of hitting that, I am not going to draft them.
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:23 AM

What do you guys think about this:

Quote:
DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom, and he would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, remove him from the battlefield but do not place any wounds on his Army Card. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage. Destroy one Doombot you control, and then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot.
That would be the exact same intent and effect as what was playtested.

A Griffin/G-bob joint. :spike: We had a little back and forth via PM.
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:48 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:

Quote:
DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom, and he would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, remove him from the battlefield but do not place any wounds on his Army Card. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage. Destroy one Doombot you control, and then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot.

I'm still not happy. It is too far off of standard wording. too many fiddly things to consider.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
DECOY OF DOOM

I'm still not happy. It is too far off of standard wording. too many fiddly things to consider.
Unfortunately, I have hit a roadblock that unless I start rewriting the power (making subtle changes to the intent), I am stuck and out of my pay-grade.
Old July 31st, 2010, 11:55 AM

Just curious though, what is "fidly" about that? I can't for the life of me find any problems other than the lack of Official precedents for some of the unjustified wording such as "but do not place any wounds".
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'm really confused on why you would have to bother with all that removing Doom first. Why not just:

DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom and he would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, but do not place any wounds on his Army Card. roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, Doom receives wounds normally. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage destroy one Doombot you control, then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I'm really confused on why you would have to bother with all that removing Doom first. Why not just:

DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom and he would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, but do not place any wounds on his Army Card. roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, Doom receives wounds normally. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage destroy one Doombot you control, then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot.
Yeah that sounds good to me I think.

DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom and he would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, Doctor Doom receives wounds normally. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage and you must destroy one Doombot you control, then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot.
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:23 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

DECOY OF DOOM
Yeah that sounds good to me I think.

DECOY OF DOOM
If you control Doctor Doom and he would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, before removing him from the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-5, Doctor Doom receives wounds normally. If you roll a 6 or higher, Doctor Doom ignores all damage and you must destroy one Doombot you control, then place Doctor Doom on the space previously occupied by the destroyed Doombot.
Cyberclaw still trumps this..

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library