Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Notices

Old December 24th, 2017, 11:43 AM

Shibaduba Woo who?
HeroScape Guide App for Android (SALE $0.99)

Hello all!

My Brother and I got back into HeroScape again over the past year, and we decided to spend a decent amount of time putting together an HS app for android! We have it on sale 50% off for $0.99 from today until December 31st, as part of the "Merry Crixus" sale :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...apeguide&hl=en

Features of the app:
- Complete List of every HeroScape card
- Random Team Generator
- Advanced Search (Find a desired value/attribute)
- Deck Tracker/Team Builder

We plan on integrating ebay, allthingsheroscape.com, and possibly even this forum site. We hope to have this app as a must-have for scapers worldwide, and hopefully it will bring some more light back to this awesome game. We will update as necessary and we would love your feedback if you do download. We do plan on iOS rollout as well.

Merry Crixus!

Last edited by Shibaduba; December 29th, 2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old December 24th, 2017, 03:27 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: HeroScape Guide App for Android (SALE $0.99)

Following this thread for an iOS version. This looks great!
Old December 25th, 2017, 07:29 PM

Shibaduba Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Following this thread for an iOS version. This looks great!
Appreciate it! We will be sure to let you know when it rolls out. iOS development requires a yearly fee of $100, so we are waiting to make another app as well so we can get our money's worth.
Old December 25th, 2017, 10:01 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Ooof! That's awful. Hopefully you can make it work!
Old December 27th, 2017, 11:51 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

This looks like a cool piece of software! Some quick feedback from looking at the screenshots you provided on the store:
  • The attributes (like Personality or Size) look slightly unprofessional when uncapitalized.
  • It'd be nice to have the height by the Size in the stats. It's a minor touch, but the Size feels incomplete without it.
  • When a figure/squad has only one life, the app still says Lives: __.
  • Some space could be saved by making two columns for displaying stats/attributes.
  • Is the planet listed anywhere? It'd be neat to be able to look through groups of cards by the planet that they're from, or search for things like that.
  • As a fan of lore and storytelling, I'd like to be able to read the official bios from the old website in the app. If you could copy them over from the Books here, it'd save people like me some effort and make it more valuable to them.
  • Similarly, listing any potential synergies between units (with links to the cards in question) should make army building easier.
Essentially, it looks like the app could use some grammatical fixes and some additional info. I love the Books on this website, and I'd love to have them quickly accessible on my phone (or at least something more closely resembling them). Lastly, I had a few questions that I wasn't entirely sure about:
  • This app lets you keep track of your personal collection, correct? Do the Random Team Generator and Search functionalities take that into account (or have options to)?
  • Is there a "Night" display option that inverts the black and white?
  • Are there any plans to add C3V/SoV units as an option to the list? Those customs are typically very well balanced from my experience, and add a lot to the game. Being able to incorporate them into my armies would be nice.

Thanks for taking the time to design this! It looks like it could have some great potential!

Last edited by Astroking112; December 28th, 2017 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added another question.
Old December 29th, 2017, 04:08 PM

Shibaduba Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
This looks like a cool piece of software! Some quick feedback from looking at the screenshots you provided on the store:
  • The attributes (like Personality or Size) look slightly unprofessional when uncapitalized.
  • It'd be nice to have the height by the Size in the stats. It's a minor touch, but the Size feels incomplete without it.
  • When a figure/squad has only one life, the app still says Lives: __.
  • Some space could be saved by making two columns for displaying stats/attributes.
  • Is the planet listed anywhere? It'd be neat to be able to look through groups of cards by the planet that they're from, or search for things like that.
  • As a fan of lore and storytelling, I'd like to be able to read the official bios from the old website in the app. If you could copy them over from the Books here, it'd save people like me some effort and make it more valuable to them.
  • Similarly, listing any potential synergies between units (with links to the cards in question) should make army building easier.
Essentially, it looks like the app could use some grammatical fixes and some additional info. I love the Books on this website, and I'd love to have them quickly accessible on my phone (or at least something more closely resembling them). Lastly, I had a few questions that I wasn't entirely sure about:
  • This app lets you keep track of your personal collection, correct? Do the Random Team Generator and Search functionalities take that into account (or have options to)?
  • Is there a "Night" display option that inverts the black and white?
  • Are there any plans to add C3V/SoV units as an option to the list? Those customs are typically very well balanced from my experience, and add a lot to the game. Being able to incorporate them into my armies would be nice.

Thanks for taking the time to design this! It looks like it could have some great potential!
Hi Astroking112,

We appreciate the feedback! We will be able to change the "lives" thing, I figure we can just change it to "Life" since that is how HeroScape does it regardless of the figure having more than 1 "Life" or 6 "Life" I also like the idea of having two columns for the stats/attributes section, it makes much more sense and would look better.

To make things short, I 100% agree with the feedback you've given us! The sad reality is, we most likely won't get around to implementing all of that into the app. We have already put around 30 hours into the app development, on top of school work and our jobs. And HeroScape nowadays is such a small market, so it simply just wouldn't be worth the extra time investment. Now if Hasbro starts HeroScape production again, then we're talkin'!! But we will try to fix as much as possible of the feedback you left us for the next update.

To answer your questions:
1. Yes, we have a feature in the app called "My Deck." From the full list of cards, you can add your entire personal collection (including duplicates if you desire) to "your deck" in the app. You can search specific to your deck as well as generate random teams from your deck. (The random team generator is my favorite feature, it truly is awesome and fun and it works great!)

2. Currently no, but I actually believe that should be really easy to add. We'll get working on adding the Day/Night feature!

3. Yes we have plans to add those! We decided not to for the general release, but can you point me to a list of those custom cards? We can easily add them in if I can find them all online.

Thanks again for the feedback and have a good new years!
Old December 29th, 2017, 05:25 PM

Here's the C3V index, if you need it.
Old December 29th, 2017, 09:07 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibaduba View Post

Hi Astroking112,

We appreciate the feedback! We will be able to change the "lives" thing, I figure we can just change it to "Life" since that is how HeroScape does it regardless of the figure having more than 1 "Life" or 6 "Life" I also like the idea of having two columns for the stats/attributes section, it makes much more sense and would look better.

To make things short, I 100% agree with the feedback you've given us! The sad reality is, we most likely won't get around to implementing all of that into the app. We have already put around 30 hours into the app development, on top of school work and our jobs. And HeroScape nowadays is such a small market, so it simply just wouldn't be worth the extra time investment. Now if Hasbro starts HeroScape production again, then we're talkin'!! But we will try to fix as much as possible of the feedback you left us for the next update.

1. Yes, we have a feature in the app called "My Deck." From the full list of cards, you can add your entire personal collection (including duplicates if you desire) to "your deck" in the app. You can search specific to your deck as well as generate random teams from your deck. (The random team generator is my favorite feature, it truly is awesome and fun and it works great!)

2. Currently no, but I actually believe that should be really easy to add. We'll get working on adding the Day/Night feature!

3. Yes we have plans to add those! We decided not to for the general release, but can you point me to a list of those custom cards? We can easily add them in if I can find them all online.

No problem! I'd certainly love to have something like this for everyone to access! It's a bit sad to hear that you won't be able to put some more time into the app, but it's nice that you both were already able to do so much.

As another quick suggestion, it'd be nice to be able to minimize/expand the Stats and Attributes sections of the descriptions. This would be more applicable if more info or the synergy lists were added, but it would still be a nice touch nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, though, do you think that you'll still be able to make the grammatical fixes and squeeze in the missing info (height and planet) somewhere? I'd also kill to have the bios available at the bottom of those cards, but I understand that copying and formatting them would take some time.

Thanks for answering all of my questions and responding to my feedback! I hope that you likewise have a great New Year's!

Edit: After purchasing the app and spending some time with it, there are a few quality of life improvements that quickly come to mind:
  • Let us add cards to our deck in packs. Going through everything individually is very time consuming, especially for stuff like Master Sets.
  • In the same vein, being able to add multiple cards at a time to our collection would be ideal. Having to manually count out how many Nagrubs I own (and then check to make sure I hit the button the right number of times) was annoying.
  • Raelin's second release is more commonly referred to as Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM), although I can see the reasoning behind naming her Raelin II. Same goes for Sergeant Drake Alexander.
  • Many of the card scans are too low-resolution to be readable. Unless higher quality images are added, it would be nice to get an "Abilities" section under the attributes that gives us the text of the special abilities on each card. Kurrok and Heirloom are great examples of how unreadable some of them can get.
  • Conversely, letting us tap on an image to zoom in on the card would be ideal. This would make the app feel more professional, especially if coupled with more readable and consistent images.
  • You called Ulginesh "Uglinesh" in the app. That wasn't very nice.
  • The main list could use some kind of sorting option. Just being confronted with a list of cards by General in alphabetical order isn't a great user experience--I'd like to at least be able to sort by points, or maybe exclude certain generals or Marvel from the list to find what I'm looking for.
  • Also on the topic of user experience, a simple splash screen would do wonders. Some simple menu to take you to your collection, all units, the search functionality, or the random team generator.
I know that you said you wouldn't be able to add many more features, but I figured that I should at least tell you what I saw when actually using the app as well.

Last edited by Astroking112; December 30th, 2017 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Added feedback after the purchase of the app.
Old August 4th, 2018, 04:59 PM

Shibaduba Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Astroking112,

No problem! I'd certainly love to have something like this for everyone to access! It's a bit sad to hear that you won't be able to put some more time into the app, but it's nice that you both were already able to do so much.

As another quick suggestion, it'd be nice to be able to minimize/expand the Stats and Attributes sections of the descriptions. This would be more applicable if more info or the synergy lists were added, but it would still be a nice touch nonetheless.

Out of curiosity, though, do you think that you'll still be able to make the grammatical fixes and squeeze in the missing info (height and planet) somewhere? I'd also kill to have the bios available at the bottom of those cards, but I understand that copying and formatting them would take some time.

Thanks for answering all of my questions and responding to my feedback! I hope that you likewise have a great New Year's!

Edit: After purchasing the app and spending some time with it, there are a few quality of life improvements that quickly come to mind:
  • Let us add cards to our deck in packs. Going through everything individually is very time consuming, especially for stuff like Master Sets.
  • In the same vein, being able to add multiple cards at a time to our collection would be ideal. Having to manually count out how many Nagrubs I own (and then check to make sure I hit the button the right number of times) was annoying.
  • Raelin's second release is more commonly referred to as Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM), although I can see the reasoning behind naming her Raelin II. Same goes for Sergeant Drake Alexander.
  • Many of the card scans are too low-resolution to be readable. Unless higher quality images are added, it would be nice to get an "Abilities" section under the attributes that gives us the text of the special abilities on each card. Kurrok and Heirloom are great examples of how unreadable some of them can get.
  • Conversely, letting us tap on an image to zoom in on the card would be ideal. This would make the app feel more professional, especially if coupled with more readable and consistent images.
  • You called Ulginesh "Uglinesh" in the app. That wasn't very nice.
  • The main list could use some kind of sorting option. Just being confronted with a list of cards by General in alphabetical order isn't a great user experience--I'd like to at least be able to sort by points, or maybe exclude certain generals or Marvel from the list to find what I'm looking for.
  • Also on the topic of user experience, a simple splash screen would do wonders. Some simple menu to take you to your collection, all units, the search functionality, or the random team generator.
I know that you said you wouldn't be able to add many more features, but I figured that I should at least tell you what I saw when actually using the app as well.
Hello again Astroking112,

Sorry for the late reply, but we do appreciate that feedback even if we can't fix it all! If it were a bigger game nowadays we would be on top of it.

This probably won't affect you, but we are in the process of getting the iOS HeroScape guide app approved. It will look a little bit different, but function the same. After that is out, we plan to make some improvements like you mentioned!

Best regards,
-Shiba
Old August 5th, 2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the late reply, but we do appreciate that feedback even if we can't fix it all! If it were a bigger game nowadays we would be on top of it.

This probably won't affect you, but we are in the process of getting the iOS HeroScape guide app approved. It will look a little bit different, but function the same. After that is out, we plan to make some improvements like you mentioned!

Best regards,
-Shiba
It's great to hear that you guys haven't abandoned this app. I hope that it can continue to be improved in the future!

Also, congrats on getting close to getting the app to the iOS version approved!
Old September 8th, 2018, 12:20 PM

Shibaduba Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:

Best regards,
-Shiba
It's great to hear that you guys haven't abandoned this app. I hope that it can continue to be improved in the future!

Also, congrats on getting close to getting the app to the iOS version approved!
Good morning,

iOS version is officially released! I'll be posting a new thread soon, as we'll make a brief launch sale. With nearly identical apps being on both iOS and Android, this should hopefully bring some light back to Heroscape!

Best regards,
-Shiba
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:11 AM

Awesome! I’ll be downloading it later!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales