Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old September 9th, 2006, 04:47 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
That's a really interesting point, hero.

If Hasbro was OK back then with you getting "scoops" (I'll call that "revealing insider information" before anyplace else), why would they not be OK with the people who have insider information now revealing it on HSers first?

What's different?
Actually, we've done somewhat ok on stories, but I think that Hero has a point that we need to pimp the site more on other gaming sites.
Old September 15th, 2006, 02:22 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
interesting
Old September 15th, 2006, 02:48 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i'll post link on my myspace page as well as my myyearbook, and my forums sites i made for school use. Thats at least 3 links from me, and i'll get my friends to do it also!
Old September 23rd, 2006, 07:39 PM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation
I'll try to make a website and have links to this site all over it sadly I don't think I have enough $$ to publish it...

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old September 25th, 2006, 02:38 PM

copronymous has disabled reputation
I've added you to the friends page of copronymous.com.
And we're the #1 site reached when googling "Copronymous"!

Old September 28th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I added a link to my BGG profile, my tripod site, and my facebook profile. *shrug*
Hope it helps.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
I wish everyone with a BoardGameGeek profile would add this site to their profile there.

BBG is an extremely relevant site to be linking to this one, which equals bonus Google rank points for us!!!

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old September 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Done.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 07:39 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I think it's starting to work. I'm getting heroscapers on page 2 now. Keep it up!
Old October 29th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Truth, funrun, whomever else:

One thing I've discovered in my internet research and marketting endeavors is something that almost never gets considered when people are trying to get there sites ranked. Google in particular has a technology which they can use to rank the relevancy of a website to a certain search according to the time spent on the target page.
What this means is if you search for Heroscape and then click on say result #9, spend a few seconds on that page, then hit the back button and go to result #10 spending a couple minutes there, Google automatically lowers (by a tiny fraction) the ranking of #9 and raises the ranking of #10. Now, this doesn't seem very applicable to our endeavors because we're sure people finding us through Google aren't just going to click back and run away BUT... there's more to consider. The problem is that I'm sure most of the visitors to this site probably come here through a direct link or by just typing the URL. While this is not a bad thing in any way, it does give Google the wrong idea in some ways (no data = no boost). So, why am I explaining all of this? (well, I've just scratched the surface really, but you get the idea and I'll just skip further analysis and get to the point for now)

Because if the loyal members of the community would like to do one other thing to contribute to the ranking of Heroscapers they can! When visiting this site they could take a few seconds to do this: Instead of clicking your favorites button, history, typing the URL etc., go to Google, type in "Heroscape" and click on the result that leads to heroscapers.com. In other words, come here by way of Google. Since we all spend more than a few seconds here when we visit, this would let Google know that this site has a HIGH relevancy ranking with users.

How much of a difference it would make depends on other factors as well, and partly is still being debated among so-called experts. However, in my experience, and in the opinion of the experts that I have come to respect, I believe it would definately help.
Truth, funrun, etc., if you'd like to discuss the strategy behind this and whether or not it would be worth doing, just send me a PM (or email) and I'll be glad to lend my brain for picking.

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm all for that .
Old October 29th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
a little shortcut to typing "heroscape" in Google's search box would be to use this link:
http://www.google.com/search?q=heroscape

then go to the page with the link for Heroscapers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online