Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 15th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Hi guys,

Just to report to you that Azael is absolutely killing it in our french tournaments (about 80~90% winrate), I was the first to be like "hmmm not impressed", but turns out played well with the right army he's an absolute monster.

Tho not invincible and fun to play, cool figure.

Old September 15th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Hi guys,

Just to report to you that Azael is absolutely killing it in our french tournaments (about 80~90% winrate), I was the first to be like "hmmm not impressed", but turns out played well with the right army he's an absolute monster.

Now you've made me curious. What armies have been good for him that have done well?

Personally, he's been pretty flat...so I'd love to hear more details.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 15th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Foudzing! It’s so good to see you giving us feedback again! Made my day. Bon chance!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 17th, 2019, 01:41 PM

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Hi guys,

Now you've made me curious. What armies have been good for him that have done well?

Azazel
3x DKoV
Air Elemental
Nicholas
3x Darkprowl Thrall

Format was 580 24hexs 20figs

You send Azazel in front then you run around and play the time with the rest of the army exactly like Thanos+rats.
Rolling 2 to 3 chances a turn for the resurect and it's not rare Azazel come back 3 or 4 times in the game, I think one game it came back 6 times.

Army went 6-0 and it was normal bring 2 (with a small tweak which encouraged a bit more powercreep) so armies were quite strong (some quahon+spiders, zelrig gsc, nilf kae rats, tkn grubs,Q9, gruts, varkanaans etc..., no raelin, no kravs tho)

Of course the Azazel game was always the last game to finish, sometimes 3 times longer than average game.

Other tournament I don't have exact score yet I just know it did good, but it's less relevant since it, was pre set armies on maps (players move but armies stay on the map, 4armies per map bring 2 style).
Azazel army was:
Azazel, Kurrok, 4x fire, 3x air, bol

Turns out air ele are exceptionnal at stalling the game if you are low on range.

Old September 17th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Azazel
3x DKoV
Air Elemental
Nicholas
3x Darkprowl Thrall

You send Azazel in front then you run around and play the time with the rest of the army exactly like Thanos+rats.
Rolling 2 to 3 chances a turn for the resurect and it's not rare Azazel come back 3 or 4 times in the game, I think one game it came back 6 times.

Army went 6-0 and it was normal bring 2 (with a small tweak which encouraged a bit more powercreep) so armies were quite strong (some quahon+spiders, zelrig gsc, nilf kae rats, tkn grubs,Q9, gruts, varkanaans etc..., no raelin, no kravs tho)

Of course the Azazel game was always the last game to finish, sometimes 3 times longer than average game.

Other tournament I don't have exact score yet I just know it did good, but it's less relevant since it, was pre set armies on maps (players move but armies stay on the map, 4armies per map bring 2 style).
Azazel army was:

Turns out air ele are exceptionnal at stalling the game if you are low on range.
Dang! Can’t believe I never thought of pairing him with Kurrok or Thrall build! You’re absolutely right that you could potentially roll for his rebirth up to 3 times per OM. I can see how that could be really powerful. I’m definitely going to have to try that now.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 18th, 2019, 04:37 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Azazel
3x DKoV
Air Elemental
Nicholas
3x Darkprowl Thrall

Azazel army was:

Dang! Can’t believe I never thought of pairing him with Kurrok or Thrall build! You’re absolutely right that you could potentially roll for his rebirth up to 3 times per OM. I can see how that could be really powerful. I’m definitely going to have to try that now.
Omegacron army would get 4 rolls per order marker... Omegacron for the first, and then each figure you use directed fire with counts as a separate turn.
Old September 18th, 2019, 04:55 AM

Yep and with a 1/10 ressurect chance you only need 7 attemps to pass the 50% bar.
So basically if you play an army with like 2 or 3 chances to resurect a turn, if you play a full round without him resurecting you can consider yourself unlucky.

Usually it takes less than a round to resurect him. It's really insane, an A- or A unit in the right army for sure.

Usually the game goes like this:
1- Kamikaze Azazel, usually do not much damage
2- game plays out like normal until Azazel comes back
3- Azazel Kamikaze numba 2, game really depends on the damage done this attempt, if damage is good, Azazel player is in good spot otherwise it may be tricky
4-Azazel death numba 2, now the Azazel player is starting to play clock, unning around, still doing some atttack but the most important is just to not die until Azazel comes back again, opponent is forced to chase him and disperse himself
5- the third Azazel assault usually does big big damage, as the defense isusually not well set at this point of the game.
6- Azazel die for the third time, it's end game with few figures leftovers, Azazel player run for his life, with the right army he usually rolls 2 resurect chances a turn even in endgame so Azazel resurect chances are still high.
7- Azazel cames back for 3rd time, opponents flip the table.

The fact that Azazel forces the opponent to kill you as fast as possible, but if he disperse too much and his not well prepared defensively the Azazel assault does enormous damage when he came back, it's really a no-win situatiion.

Plus Azazel rest of the card is much better than Thanos for this power, way lower amount of points so you can have an army which can fight when he's dead, whereas Thanos, you can't fight much you just run around.
Also Thanos is a huge tank, so it does not use his power much, because the time your opponent kills him takes already like half the game. Azazel you send him right in front kamaikaze mode. He's very fragile (who cares his goal is to die in the process) but has a great firepower and assassinate potential.

The only way to win is to kill him without taking damage and absolutely crushing the rest of the army cleanly so even if he comes back multiples times it's a too much of an uphill battle. But as long as the game is close, you can consider it lost as the non-Azazel player, because the Azazel player will slow down the game and endgame will eb a nightmare with Azazel resurecting multiple times.
Small map helps as it reduces a lot the "running around" potential of the Azazel army.

We didn't test but I'm pretty sure Wyrms+Azazel is also an excellent combo, but Ele or Thralls are stronger just the 3 chances to roll per turn. It is a huuuuge deal.

Old September 18th, 2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

Azazel
3x DKoV
Air Elemental
Nicholas
3x Darkprowl Thrall

Azazel army was:

Omegacron army would get 4 rolls per order marker... Omegacron for the first, and then each figure you use directed fire with counts as a separate turn.
Yes it's also a good Azazel army but Omegacron and Azazel are already 280, so your army is like Omegacron Azazel 2x Snipers, 1x Repulsor (or 3x repulsor, 1xsnipers) that is very low defense and fast to kill, and not very good at running around in endgame like Nicholas or Air Ele can do.
Depends a lot on the map, we all know LoS blockers are a pain for Omegacron.

Old October 25th, 2019, 07:28 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

My thoughts. I want to note, first, that the power rankings are implicitly tuned towards an unrestricted meta. This means that we are forced to compare units to how they do in an event that has the top tier figures. This can make the rankings a bit less useful to apply to a meta at a take 2 or reverse the whip event, but it seems like the only reasonable standard to work from.

Also... to be honest, these rankings are getting more boring to do, because our playtesting is getting tighter. The range is really pretty narrow when compared to our older stuff, and certainly when compared to the classic releases.

Anyway:

Arthur: A more expensive MBS with no range... but autowounds can be quite handy at times. B

Azazel: Many of the tricks of Thanos, but in a more affordable package. Powerful distuption. A-

Boreos: Brutal kiting potential against melee; makes the Talingul army tick, disrupts enemy formations. A-

Kozil: Not an army centerpiece like Quahon, to be sure, but a high-life roadblock with a decent kit against both heroes and squads. B+

Talingul: His true power will take a while to become clear, but I suspect the construct build will come to be feared. A-

Banshees: A guaranteed kill on a common figure is quite strong. Unfortunately the Banshees themselves aren't much harder to kill. Best used as a 2x counterdraft. C+

Buccaneers: A nice 4-figure melee squad that can do a decent amount of damage, but low defense dooms them against more efficient squads. B

Morgan's Riflemen: They're not the Marro Warriors, but they are still a pretty solid addition to a Knight army. B+

Otar: Nice cheap option for Arrow Grut armies that want another hero out front. B

Suskra: The WWL keeps adding to his kit; Suskra's overextend makes him a nice target for one Howl each round. B

Gothlok: Awesome aura ability, but his high price keeps him from being an auto-include in a Deathchaser army. B

Maltiz Tez: Easy to kill, but hits hard enough to force you to do it. B

Bol: Splits the difference between Otonashi and Isamu. B+

Tetraites: Not quite Crixus-good, but still a solid Gladiator. B

Uzog: A bit expensive for what he does, but a fun bonding hero who gets scarier and scarier. B

EDIT: and lest I forget the new arrivals:

Marutuk: a massive counter-pick to large figures, but can be defused by squads or by patient play. B

Brontos: a big hitter who can do some interesting things with abduct, but for these points you usually want a little more production. B-

Avernus: not quite as devastating as Augamo and Boreos, but a worthy addition to the construct army. B+

Deltacron: the speed and that special attack make Deltacron quite the menace... to both armies. B+

Hrognak: A whole lot of points to sink, but the combination of the ranged ping and the threat of the massive charge is quite versatile. B+

Last edited by dok; October 25th, 2019 at 08:32 PM.
Old October 25th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I think Brontos is a little bit better than you make him out to be. B- is pretty bad.

Abduct is basically a double power of Carry and Talon Grab. And he has even a little more rolled into his package with Evil Eye Defense. And an effective Deadly Strike too. He's basically a swiss army figure, he will always be useful. If anything his big weakness is that he has too much life, if he were 6 life and 30 points cheaper he'd be more useful since he could fit into a Sonlen role in many builds. But I think he's still pretty good, although maybe moreso in formats like Reverse the Whip.
Old October 28th, 2019, 02:03 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

*Sigh* B is the new C!

B = Average, wish you guys would adhere to C = Average!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old October 28th, 2019, 02:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Just waiting on a few Books and I'll get these in the OP. The spreadsheet is ready to go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs