Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old March 1st, 2019, 04:31 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Western NY Heroscape Club April Meet Up

Western NY Heroscape Club Presents:
Blast from the Past!

What: Free for All Heroscape!
Draft pool consists of the OG Heroscape posse

Where: Casual Dragon Games
136 Walnut St.
Lockport, NY 14094

When: Sunday April 7th
1:00 PM to 6:00 PM

Return to a simpler time, a time before Q9 and rats-- a time when we only had roads and evergreen trees to complement our ruin pieces. I am talking about the days immediately after Orm’s Return and Road to the Forgotten Forest were created. Get ready to experience the good old days of Heroscape, with a draft pool consisting of only the first few waves of units.

Free for all battles, drafting beforehand. Maps will be provided and adapted to meet the number of players who show up. Units will be provided, which will be the following:

Draft Pool: Blast from the Past

Dumutef Guard 25
Swog Rider 25
Arrow Gruts 40
Blade Gruts 40
Venoc Vipers 40
Marro Drones 50
Marro Warriors 50
Me-Burq-Sa 50
Roman Legionnaires 50
Tarn Viking Warriors 50
Roman Archers 55
Izumi Samurai 60
4th Massachusetts Line 70
Knights of Weston 70
Zettian Guards 70
Anubian Wolves 75
Khosumet the Darklord 75
Finn the Viking Champion 80
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior 80
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 80
Thorgrim the Viking Champion 80
Ne-Gok-Sa 90
Agent Carr 100
Krav Maga Agents 100
Marcus Decimus Gallus 100
Omnicron Snipers 100
Sir Denrick 100
Syvarris 100
Tornak 100
Airborne Elite 110
Brunak
Dund 110 (not draftable)
Minions of Utgar 110
Sgt. Drake Alexander 110
Grimnak 120
Krug 120
Venoc Warlord 120
Deathwalker 8000 130
Deathwalker 9000 140
Mimring 150
Su-Bak-Na 160
Taelord the Kyrie Warrior 180
Charos 210

Complimentary Dund: The first player eliminated is given Dund in the proceeding round, placing him on any empty space in between rounds.

Going:
1. Sir Dendrik
2. Lady Dendrik
3. brandonwiker
4-11. brandonwiker's posse

Maybe:
1. Lady brandonwiker

@brandonwiker
@Taeblewalker

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Sir Dendrik; April 3rd, 2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old March 6th, 2019, 07:00 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Western NY Heroscape Club April Meet Up

I’d love to come, put me as a maybe. It’s really unfortunate, but I’m just super busy between work and court stuff, and it’s looking to continue through at least April. Been so stressed I have hardly checked scapers the last two weeks...

I’ll text everyone on the weekend and see if these guys are going to answer me this time!
Old March 12th, 2019, 12:34 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
I’d love to come, put me as a maybe. It’s really unfortunate, but I’m just super busy between work and court stuff, and it’s looking to continue through at least April. Been so stressed I have hardly checked scapers the last two weeks...

I’ll text everyone on the weekend and see if these guys are going to answer me this time!
Hope your stress level improves! Thanks for shouting out to your homies.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old March 19th, 2019, 10:49 AM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:

Solid 6 maybes. I told them all I'd remind them the week before, so I'll see if I can update in this thread as I hear more.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Solid 6 maybes. I told them all I'd remind them the week before, so I'll see if I can update in this thread as I hear more.
Awesome. I'll have to build another map.

Old March 31st, 2019, 01:43 PM

Should be safe to convert me and one of my maybe guys to the “going” column. My wife might come, but even if she does, it’s extremely unlikely for her to play. I’ll check with the guys at least once more after today to try and get commits
Old April 1st, 2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Should be safe to convert me and one of my maybe guys to the “going” column. My wife might come, but even if she does, it’s extremely unlikely for her to play. I’ll check with the guys at least once more after today to try and get commits
Awesome! Can't wait to get some games in.

Old April 2nd, 2019, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Everything looks good, bump my 4 maybes PLUS 2 more to going column, and we have potential for one more guy, as well.

We will have many noobs (and it looks like 1-3 teenagers) so we will need to show everyone the flow of the game. I don’t mind FFA, but I don’t want to be in a game with tons of players (I really hate downtime between my own active turns.) Are you bringing two maps? It looks like we have pretty strong potential for 10-11 players, would you like me to build a third map, or other materials for the game?
Old April 3rd, 2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Everything looks good, bump my 4 maybes PLUS 2 more to going column, and we have potential for one more guy, as well.

We will have many noobs (and it looks like 1-3 teenagers) so we will need to show everyone the flow of the game. I don’t mind FFA, but I don’t want to be in a game with tons of players (I really hate downtime between my own active turns.) Are you bringing two maps? It looks like we have pretty strong potential for 10-11 players, would you like me to build a third map, or other materials for the game?
I've got 3 maps built with 4 potential starting zones in each. I figure we'll aim for 4 player games and more experienced players can have 2 armies and play team 'scape against 2 other players.

You can bring a map if you want for the sake of variety and to be sure we have enough. Remember to only use Road to the Forgotten Forest and Rise of the Valkyrie terrain to keep on theme. 4 player maps are best. If you could bring some order markers, dice and dice trays that would be awesome, too.

Old April 3rd, 2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:

I've got 3 maps built with 4 potential starting zones in each. I figure we'll aim for 4 player games and more experienced players can have 2 armies and play team 'scape against 2 other players.

You can bring a map if you want for the sake of variety and to be sure we have enough. Remember to only use Road to the Forgotten Forest and Rise of the Valkyrie terrain to keep on theme. 4 player maps are best. If you could bring some order markers, dice and dice trays that would be awesome, too.
Oh good, I was worried about getting stuck in a 5-6 player game. 3 maps is definitely good, so we should see a bunch of 3 or 4 player FFAs, I feel like 4 players is a good sweet spot.

I will bring 4 sets of OMs, ~30-ish dice, and my two dice trays, maybe I'll supply these goods for one of the maps? If it's all the same to you, I'd like to keep all of my stuff at one map, so it doesn't get lost/mixed with your stuff.

Will there be glyphs on the maps? Treasure and/or power?

Winner is determined by... Last man standing? Most points killed? Some other metric?
Old April 4th, 2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Oh good, I was worried about getting stuck in a 5-6 player game. 3 maps is definitely good, so we should see a bunch of 3 or 4 player FFAs, I feel like 4 players is a good sweet spot.

I will bring 4 sets of OMs, ~30-ish dice, and my two dice trays, maybe I'll supply these goods for one of the maps? If it's all the same to you, I'd like to keep all of my stuff at one map, so it doesn't get lost/mixed with your stuff.

Winner is determined by... Last man standing? Most points killed? Some other metric?
Alright, you can supply the order markers dice trays and dice for one of the maps. No glyphs (I'm just not a fan of regular glyphs). Winner determined by last man standing.

Oh--could you possibly bring Dund and his card? First player knocked out of each game gets Dund. It's a lost standing tradition in my games.

One of my maps got bits of it blown away as I transported it through the wind yesterday so I'm going to have to rebuild it at the store.

This is going to be interesting drafting for 3 games at the same time. We'll probably keep it to 300 point armies so that we have time to play several games and mix up who's playing on what map.

Old April 4th, 2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Alright, you can supply the order markers dice trays and dice for one of the maps. No glyphs (I'm just not a fan of regular glyphs). Winner determined by last man standing.

Oh--could you possibly bring Dund and his card? First player knocked out of each game gets Dund. It's a lost standing tradition in my games.

One of my maps got bits of it blown away as I transported it through the wind yesterday so I'm going to have to rebuild it at the store.

This is going to be interesting drafting for 3 games at the same time. We'll probably keep it to 300 point armies so that we have time to play several games and mix up who's playing on what map.
Awesome, thanks for taking care of the maps and bringing all the figures! I'm happy with 300 point armies, it would suck to be knocked out early and be stuck watching the rest of a long game, gotta impress new players and keep them involved.

I'm 90% sure I have at least one Dund... I'll have to check, though, because I think I have only used him once ever. I'll reply if I can't find my Dund.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events