Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 2nd, 2015, 06:00 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 10/3 Ohio Game Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Oh, crap, I just realized this and Louisville are the same day - and I requested off work at 10am just so I can go. Now I am torn, as I am closer to you guys, but already promised the Louisville team and have been making armies ideas already. I do want to try the Heroscape 2.0 Arena of the Planeswalkers game and have been buggin my FLGS to get it and am waiting for them and forced myself to not get at Target or online. Also not really a fan of low-point heroes, but do miss multi-player games, but think 4-5 is a good max players/game. Maybe if my friend and me come we can have two maps/games with 4-5 players each. Either way if we do come, I will bring Lexan mats to make a base layer you can slide under the hexes as it makes it huge without massive set-up time.

My friend is coming with me so I will ask tonight which he'd rather do and post back here, sorry for late notice.
All sounds great. Lets get it on. I'll have the big board set up tonight. I'll be at the shop at 11am. Dice roll at around 11:30am. By all means bring the map making materials.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old October 5th, 2015, 10:43 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Had a fun time. I came in second to @WOOKIE in both the 5-player Heroscape and MtG:AotP game. As I said earlier, 5-player is the largest feasable free-for-all to me and it kept it fun and even though the map was fairly big, everyone could attack their neighbor, so it prevented camping which often happens, and with a great "friendly" players it meant that most people went after whoever was in the lead and tried to not intentionally go after the weakest link.

I have new respect for two units now: Marcu and Haduc. Considering 20 point Marcu killed over 200 points of units, including units from 3 different players. And Haduc might be one of the best end-game clean-up figures with his defensive powers he his hard to kill. It still came to the end with his one life Haduc versus my two-life Kaemon Awa with 5-defense counterstrike, and him getting lucky for the kill, but luck is part of the game.

I did like Heroscape 2.0 and with five-players on a melee friendly map, I think it changed the rankings compared to a two-player spread out map. The Green army are not so good in the format we played, and too bad the Novas had to leave early, as they could have won maybe, but Wookie and his undead rose to the occasion as he kept coming back to life.

Thanks again to all who played and especially to WOOKIE for the fun bonuses at the end too.
Old October 8th, 2015, 06:24 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

The Armies played that day. 330pts heroes

TheAverageFan
Bramcephys, NeGakSa, Isamu

Captain Awesome
Kaemon Awa, M.o.t. Hunt, D.E. Dan, Isamu

JohnnyLama
Migol, Crixus, Marcu, Raelin, Guilty

Lefton4ya
Thorgrim, Kaemon Awa, Anna, Marcu, Isamu

Wookie
Haduc, Morsbane, Arkmer, Raelin

I want to thank everyone for coming down. None of you live close & I really appreciate that you guys made it. I think Lefton4ya drove over 3 hours.
The name of the map we used was called "The Flying Garden", which was also the name of the micro-game I gave out at the end. The map was big but not huge. Chaos arose from the get go.
My army (Haduc, Morsbane, Arkmer, Raelijn) relied on well placed order markers & heavy defense. Morsbane was ready to wreck but Dead Eye Dan killed him in one shot, rolling a 20. Raelin fell next, then Arkmer was decimated by Bramcephys. Haduc, with his defense powers & 7 range, danced around on the battlefield and was the last one standing.
I feel Haduc is such a strong unit for the endgame or as a stand alone. When the Elf Wizard pod is carved up, he gets stronger.
Bramcephys is a blast to see played however his imposing visage puts a huge target on him.

Magic: Arena of the Planswalkers gameplay went very well. I knew the mechanics of the game well but some of the individual card rulings were debated. Overall positive.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events